• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Doubles Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miamisportsfan45

Smash Lord
Yoshi's downfall in doubles however is the lack of being able to grab sufficiently and quickly. The shield is useful for team attack, too. Yoshi's tilts are perfect for combos, the eggs are great for range, and I mean... You can easily direct the direction of where you want the opponent to go, and nearly any move that you do that doesn't direct where they go is a potential KO at higher percents. Yoshi's a great doubles player at least for me he is. I'm just hoping I'm not being biased with this statement.

I do agree with the front page though, Snake and MK are the common Doubles teams. They either work or fail, but if used properly, they usually work pretty well.

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
I tend to agree that his grab falls a bit short in teams. The throws take too long, and you get hit quickly in2v2, same with grab release, and your partner can't hit the opponent while he's in your mouth without hitting you. It's better in 2v1, but there are a lot of better options still.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I am saddened by 2v1. I cannot camp well in 2v1 situations.
Dont camp 2v1, its not a good idea at all. Personally though, i think yoshi can handle 2v1's quite well, you just have to keep a rythym and not mess up. Dont ever grab release in 2v1's though unless the other guy is offstage. bair into uair in 2v1's is good (unless they shield in which case you get out fast). In friendlies, my friend rage quit at the beginning AND took my lives leaving me 2v1 against a peach and mk and with one life. Killed them each once and damaged peach A LOT. Balls out with yoshi, best feeling EVAR!!!

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I'm actually gonna try this out at least once this weekend.

I don't like the sound of it, but we'll see how it goes.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
It's faster than standing grab, but nothing really amazing. His pivot grab is the fast one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom