• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Alt Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Because Brown Yoshi was a "side character" Yoshi. Not playable but shown in Yoshi's Story (despite my color blindness showing orange) and Paper Mario in the Yoshi tribe.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I'd be happy if black and white yoshi colors were finally in smash. Been wanting them since yoshi story.

Shame that orange, purple, and brown probably wont make it. =\

gamer8

Smash Lord
So did you guys hear anything from yesterday? I heard his black color is confirmed, but the last one is still a mystery. I heard it's actually purple and not white, but I'd want to know if they kept in both shades of blue because they could possibly have taken one out to put in purple and white.

Here's hoping white Yoshi makes it in.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
So did you guys hear anything from yesterday? I heard his black color is confirmed, but the last one is still a mystery. I heard it's actually purple and not white, but I'd want to know if they kept in both shades of blue because they could possibly have taken one out to put in purple and white.

Here's hoping white Yoshi makes it in.
Yeah I heard it's black and purple as well. Poor white Yoshi. It's discrimination man.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Well to be fair, Purple isn't in the Mario Kart 8 recolors, while Orange and White both were, so it's fair for Purple to get his chance here.. (I'd love for an Orange colored Yoshi too though. I want my Dutchy Yoshi! And come on, you can't have Black Yoshi and not include White Yoshi. Those two are like yin and yang!)

Last edited:

gamer8

Smash Lord
Well to be fair, Purple isn't in the Mario Kart 8 recolors, while Orange and White both were, so it's fair for Purple to get his chance here.. (I'd love for an Orange colored Yoshi too though. I want my Dutchy Yoshi! And come on, you can't have Black Yoshi and not include White Yoshi. Those two are like yin and yang!)
Yeah I'm really happy to see Purple Yoshi as well, I think I might use that one the most actually since it's my favorite color. It just feels weird to have Black Yoshi and no White Yoshi. Has it been confirmed already if he has his light blue color? I saw some other characters got some palettes removed in favor of including a different one, so maybe there's still hope for White Yoshi. It's looking kind of bleak for Orange though... I wish we could have them all.

Last edited:

E.K

Smash Rookie
Do we know if the eggs matches his color swaps this time? Or do they still stay green regardless of color?

D

Deleted member

Yoshi should've gotten Orange and White as well (maybe Brown). I mean, if Little Mac can get Wireframe Mac x8 and normal x8 why can't Yoshi be an exception?

Last edited by a moderator:

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Yoshi should've gotten Orange and White as well (maybe Brown). I mean, if Little Mac can get Wireframe Mac x8 and normal x8 why can't Yoshi be an exception?
This. So much this. I am seriously upset that someone like Little Mac, who isn't even known for having different colors, gets so many options, while Yoshi, a species known for its great variety in color, gets the shaft in this department. I think it's stupid for someone like Little Mac to get 16 freaking alts while a colorful species like Yoshi would be stuck with only 8. But in all honesty, I wouldn't even have minded THAT much if they would either choose orange instead of black, or white instead of purple, because you just CANNOT SEPERATE BLACK AND WHITE YOSHI LIKE THAT. It's like having Yin and Yang without the Yang. Like having the Romeo and Juliet story, without Juliet. You just can't do that. I am upset that they get so much Nintendo history right in Super Smash Bros, but completely fail to keep black and white Yoshi together while Little Mac gets away with 16 colors. Whoever was in charge of the color swaps really, really, really, really, REALLY messed up bad here.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This. So much this. I am seriously upset that someone like Little Mac, who isn't even known for having different colors, gets so many options, while Yoshi, a species known for its great variety in color, gets the shaft in this department. I think it's stupid for someone like Little Mac to get 16 freaking alts while a colorful species like Yoshi would be stuck with only 8. But in all honesty, I wouldn't even have minded THAT much if they would either choose orange instead of black, or white instead of purple, because you just CANNOT SEPERATE BLACK AND WHITE YOSHI LIKE THAT. It's like having Yin and Yang without the Yang. Like having the Romeo and Juliet story, without Juliet. You just can't do that. I am upset that they get so much Nintendo history right in Super Smash Bros, but completely fail to keep black and white Yoshi together while Little Mac gets away with 16 colors. Whoever was in charge of the color swaps really, really, really, really, REALLY messed up bad here.
I know you're feel. They shafted Yoshi in Mario Kart 8, too. No purple!?! I don't really know if Brown Yoshi is ever going to be a thing again, but that should've been included as well. I never really got how a brown dinosaur color is racist. But I think that Yoshi has been shafted color-wise in Mario Kart 8 and Smash for one reason- Neatness. Its the worst excuse, but I think Nintendo has followed it. In Smash- Only 8 colors for each character? Yoshi can only have 8, despite everything going for him color-wise. In Mario Kart- Only 9 characters can fit onto one min-CSS? Yoshi can only have 9. But I completely agree with you about Black and White Yoshi being separate. Thats more "racist" (for lack of a better term) than Brown Yoshi, imo. I like Black, White, Green, and Red Yoshi the most, but just because Black Yoshi is there and White isn't is enough for me to get annoyed.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
I know you're feel. They shafted Yoshi in Mario Kart 8, too. No purple!?! I don't really know if Brown Yoshi is ever going to be a thing again, but that should've been included as well. I never really got how a brown dinosaur color is racist. But I think that Yoshi has been shafted color-wise in Mario Kart 8 and Smash for one reason- Neatness. Its the worst excuse, but I think Nintendo has followed it. In Smash- Only 8 colors for each character? Yoshi can only have 8, despite everything going for him color-wise. In Mario Kart- Only 9 characters can fit onto one min-CSS? Yoshi can only have 9. But I completely agree with you about Black and White Yoshi being separate. Thats more "racist" (for lack of a better term) than Brown Yoshi, imo. I like Black, White, Green, and Red Yoshi the most, but just because Black Yoshi is there and White isn't is enough for me to get annoyed.
I really don't think they shafted Yoshi in Mario Kart 8. Yoshi is one of 2 characters to even GET DLC colors in that game, and both characters got exactly the same colors. It is a shame that they didn't put in Purple Yoshi there, but still you can't really say Yoshi got the shaft in that game. If anyone did, Toad got the shaft regarding that in Mario Kart. But certainly not Yoshi.

Yoshi certainly did get the shaft in Smash 4 though, at least that's what I think, regarding the Black and White color issue. It would have been cool to have had literally all the Yoshi colors, sure, including Brown, but I really don't think it would've been that big a deal if they'd have either included OR excluded both Black and White in Smash 4. Just, not one without the other. Of course I'd accept all the Yoshi colors in there in a heartbeat.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Do we know if the eggs matches his color swaps this time? Or do they still stay green regardless of color?
Yes. Eggs thrown prolly still stay green, but shields change color.
Also quite frankly I don't care about Orange Yoshi much. Orange is a dreadful color. But white yoshi not being in when Black is in is kinda questionable. Though I don't mind having one or the other only as well, as long as one of em make it I guess.

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Is it just me or is that purple Yoshi actually not based off purple Yoshi?

Seems to have pink shoes here(and most the purple Yoshi images I've seen agree with the above colouring), but the alt has orange...

So, this may be a shot in the dark, but could THIS purple Yoshi actually be based off of...

Again, a shot in the dark, but I considered the shoe colouring unusual.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
That's Blue. Also guessing Sakurai didn't care on the Yoshi colors, especially for purple. He just threw it in there I guess for last second skin.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi

Is it just me or is that purple Yoshi actually not based off purple Yoshi?

Seems to have pink shoes here(and most the purple Yoshi images I've seen agree with the above colouring), but the alt has orange...

So, this may be a shot in the dark, but could THIS purple Yoshi actually be based off of...

Again, a shot in the dark, but I considered the shoe colouring unusual.
Well in Yoshi's Island DS purple Yoshi had orange shoes iirc.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I'm so disappointed by the color alts.

White Yoshi missing is one of the biggest letdowns. I'd also have liked purple yoshi to have had the pink shoes, since green and purple now share the same color shoes. For some reason that bothers me.

The yoshi colors just feel like they'll never be completed in smash.

Other bad choices:
Mario & Luigi - Both have waluigi alts? Because that wont get confusing.
Pac man - No ms pacman alt? Really?
Sonic - Just crap.

MiserableLie

Smash Rookie
Black Yoshi makes Smash 4 an instant win

I will slay with my Gothic Dinosaur

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom