• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yoshi Alt Costume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
So if yoshi gets an alt costume what do you think it will be?
The only thing I can think of is Yarn Yoshi

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Yarn Yoshi would be great but the only other real possibility is his Mario Strikers uniform, that thing is awesome!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
The only thing I need is all 10 proper Yoshi colors. Anything else is extra.

It's time, Sakurai!

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
A Boshi inspired one with shades would be very nice, but won't happen.
Likewise a Plessie coloured Yoshi(with a bandanna around the neck) would be a cute idea or even a Birdo inspired colour theme, but I doubt either of those will happen either. Same for a Rex inspired theme colour.

Putting all my money on Yoshi colours and maybe Yarn Yoshi for something actually unique looking.

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I would rather have the 10 colors of Yoshi rather than an alt costume. But if he were to have an alt, it'd be either Yarn Yoshi or Yoob.

Everything has pretty much already been said.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Just give him Black, White, Purple, and Orange color swaps and it should be good. It's not like he'd really need anything else. But I guess Yarn Yoshi could work, maybe.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
I'd vote for Boshi from SMRPG if it weren't for Square legalities.

SuperSmashDrake

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSmashDrake
3DS FC
4811-7419-2384
I feel Yoshi is a special case. As everyone has already said, I think Yoshi shouldn't have an alternate costume, just all of his palette swaps from his games. Looking at Wario from Brawl, who had about 10 colors across his two costumes, I don't think it would be a problem if Yoshi had 10 colors without an alternate costume.

Yosher

Smash Ace
NNID
Yosher
Honestly they could make a Strikers outfit for Yoshi, since Yoshi doesn't have much else going for him costume-wise. The only others I can think of that COULD work on Yoshi, but aren't necessarily realistic choices, are:

- Boshi (which of course is very unlikely to make it in since Nintendo rarely references anything from SMRPG in the first place)
- Yarn Yoshi (which has a high possibility of not being in if the game IS secretly cancelled)
- Baby Mario riding on Yoshi's back (basically just adds Baby Mario on Yoshi's back, but doesn't influence Yoshi's moveset, but also means Yoshi goes back to his hunched over stance from previous games)
- Yoshi without his saddle? (Looking at his Brawl Final Smash trophy, Yoshi had no saddle there, so they could potentially just have a bareback Yoshi 'costume' I guess)
- Mario Party 2 costumes (these are very unlikely unless the others get costumes from this game as well, which is doubtful anyway)
- Yoob (the giant alien Yoshi from M&L: Partners in Time, though this is probably even less likely)
- Birdo (she probably has very little chance to become playable as her own character, but this could potentially work, but still a very unlikely choice)
- Plessie (the big dinosaur you ride in Super Mario 3D World, though it would be very odd seeing Plessie at Yoshi's smaller size, but they could give him Plessie's scarf perhaps)

That's pretty much all I can think of. The only truly realistic choices out of those are probably the Strikers outfit, Yarn Yoshi and maybe Baby Mario ones, but I can't see any of the others happening at all. Honestly I'd just be happy with all of the Yoshi colors (so just all the colors we had 'til now and adding orange, white, black, brown, and purple, for a grand total of 11 colors). If not that, then they should at least give each Yoshi color that DOES get in their own colored eggs. If any of this happens, I'll be happy!

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Honestly I'd just be happy with all of the Yoshi colors (so just all the colors we had 'til now and adding orange, white, black, brown, and purple, for a grand total of 11 colors). If not that, then they should at least give each Yoshi color that DOES get in their own colored eggs. If any of this happens, I'll be happy!
Finally someone remembered brown Yoshi! Nintendo is racist for removing it from Yoshi's Island DS and Yoshi's New Island!

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I agree that Yoshi should have all the colour swaps from Yoshi's Story. I must say, Black and White Yoshi were mine favourites. Even though I suck with Yoshi in Super Smash Bros, I could see mineself playing as Black Yoshi from time to time.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Like most of the Mario characters, he could be given a Mario Strikers alternate suit. But I still would prefer it if he was given a bunch of extra color swaps instead. It seems a bit more fitting with Yoshi.

Azureyoshi

Smash Rookie
Hmmm... I agree with some other people here that Yoshi should at least have Purple, Orange, Black, & White as extra alt. colors.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
I would love his Strikers uniform :D

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217

Yes, I know this is a seperate thread.
...My god, this is my 300th post, too. XD

Last edited:

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
I like the Pirate hat, it's cute, I'd like to see Wooly Yoshi alt

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
I love all of his Mario Party 2 outfits, especially cowboy Yoshi!

I'd be happy to see any of them though :3

DimpsyVS

Smash Apprentice
I can't really think of a plausible Yoshi costume that could be added to the next Smash Bros, because most Yoshis are just recolors.

kingofconeyisland

Smash Rookie
NNID
coneyislandking
I just want Yoshi to have black, white, orange, purple, and brown as alternate colors. I wouldn't mind if we got Wooly Yoshi as an alt costume though.

Iron Angel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Iron_Angel_X
I love all of his Mario Party 2 outfits, especially cowboy Yoshi!

I'd be happy to see any of them though :3
I think every character should have at least one "silly" or absurd costume.

RPGatWill

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-0962-1816
I needs my Black and White Yoshi from Yoshi Story. (and others I'm sure). Those were the first unlockables I ever got on a gaming system, so you can bet I'll use them as long as they're alts.

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
I had an idea today, perhaps Yoshi could have an 'alternate costume' of sorts where Baby Mario is on his back, ala Yoshi's Story.

Baby Mario wouldn't have a hitbox or anything, he'd just be there to make baby noises (imagine his famous cry added in to Yoshi's Star KO noise) and move around for some taunts and animations.
Maybe the Yoshi colors could change independently of Baby Mario, so that you could use Baby Mario riding any type of Yoshi you want.

I don't know, I just think it would be cute - and it would be a nice way to include Baby Mario without making him his own character.

Last edited:

PaperDawN

Smash Rookie
he should just constantly cry, throughout the entire fight. Once the fight is over the sound just keep playing. Throughout the menus, turning off the game keeps it playing. Turning off the TV keeps it playing. Leaving the facility, keeps playing as if you are sitting in front of the TV. Right as you can't take it anymore, right after you jump off the building in a desperate attempt to stop the pain... It keeps playing after death.
So yeah I think baby mario alt costume is pretty good idea.

Beatness

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Beatness
3DS FC
5412-9896-3151
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this, but I'd love to see Yoshi from Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door

gamer8

Smash Lord
So now it's looking like Yoshi might just get his Black and White alternate colors along with the colors we've already had to round out the 8 different palettes. I'm fine with that but I wish we could get every Yoshi color. Poor Purple and Orange.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Thus endeth the thread...

...Is it wrong to still have my hopes up for a strikers costume?...:(

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Some originality in Sakurai for kinda sorta obscure characters like Yoshi would be nice. But might just be the recolors (didn't have a chance to play a match on 3ds nor am I assed to check the videos with Yoshi in em to remember any colors outside of green dark blue and yellow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom