• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ylink vs fox

Silvaxe

Smash Cadet
alrighty. ylink skills are mostly used by projectiles so, since fox can reflect 75% of my skills, what should i do?

GOTM

Smash Champion
y link is not 75% projectiles. you use them to camp, and rack up dmg because of his inability to kill at low percent.

theres also a lot of tech chasing ability in this matchup. using the down through at low percent, if they tech wrong or miss a tech, you can tech chase fox really well. also, uhrow-utilt-dair is killer at mid-high percent.

i main fox and my crewmate mains y link so thats how i know some of this stuff, lol

D20

Smash Lord
This is one of Young Link's hardest matches. You have to keep your distance and hope that your opponent hasn't played against many YLs. This is one of the match ups that you might want to consider using another character (Marth) for.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Get him in the air.
Juggle him with u-air till high percents. Then edge guard him with ease.

You can also gimp the hell out of Fox just by a simple back throw followed by Young Link's amazing edge guard ability.

I have back thrown Fox's off the stage at 0% and killed them. Of course, by the end of the combo, they had like %40. lol. Its like "bthrow -> boomerange -> lai-fire or d-tilt spike".

Silvaxe

Smash Cadet
Yo Laijin, u play alot of foxes or is that what u do lol, its hard to do anything vs fox. I find him the hardest matchup cause of his up smash that he can repeatitly when im up in the air(Foxes UpSmash can kill u at 60% up i think)

Laijin

Smash Hero
Yo Laijin, u play alot of foxes or is that what u do lol, its hard to do anything vs fox. I find him the hardest matchup cause of his up smash that he can repeatitly when im up in the air(Foxes UpSmash can kill u at 60% up i think)
Don't approach Fox until you have hit him with a bomb or he is above you. If he is above you, just u-air combo him till he DI's near the edge, then n-air him off the stage.
If he is chasing you, jump on a platform and drop a bomb, he will likely hit the bomb.
If he is right next to you, jump away and drop a bomb if you have one.

For approaching Fox, throw bombs and boomerangs until your able to catch him. Once he is off, don't let him back on.

Silvaxe

Smash Cadet
Stay away from edge??? no rofl. Thx Laijin, my friend uses fox but he shines my projectiles soo i guess that will work.:laugh:

Top Bottom