• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yet another "Rate my team" thread!

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
First, I'd like to mention that this team is not complete yet. It currently stands as an idea. I want to know how I can improve this team before I finish it and make some permanent changes. I don't want to spend a long time putting it together to find out it sucks, so I came here first. With that said, here they are (all Lv. 100, btw):

Infernape (completed; Item = Expert Belt)
-Flare Blitz
-Stone Edge
-Close Combat
-Swords Dance
EVs: 252 att., 252 spd., 4 hp
Nature: Adamant

Milotic (still in the works; Item = undecided as of now)
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Protect
-Mirror Coat
EVs: ??? spatt, ??? hp, ??? def (I'm not sure how much of each it needs)
Nature: Rash

Electrode (still in the works; Item = Silk Scarf)
-Explosion
-Thunderbolt
-Magnet Rise
-Hidden Power Grass
EVs: 252 att. (I'm not sure if there's any more that it needs)

Cresselia (completed; Item = Leftovers)
-Charge Beam
-Calm Mind
-Phsychic
-Moonlight
EVs: 96 hp, 252 spatt, 160 spd
Nature: Timid

Blissey (still in the works; Item = undecided as of now)
-Thunder Wave
-Aromatherapy
-Seismic Toss
-Softboiled
EVs: 252 hp, 252 def
Nature: I forget :p (I have it, but didn't migrate it yet)

Gengar (completed; Item = Wide Lens)
-Focus Blast
-Phsychic
-Shadow Ball
-Explosion
EVs: Not sure. I got this one in a trade a long time ago
Nature: Quiet

Double Battle Team: Electode and Gengar start out. If a ground type is out, I start w/Magnet Rise; if there's a ghost, then Shadow Ball; a Pokemon with the Damp ability, then Thunderbolt or Hidden Power Grass. When all threats are gone (or if there are none to start with), Electrode explodes and Gengar makes sure there are no survivors. Now Milotic comes out. Milotic uses Protect, then Gengar explodes. If the fight's still going, Blissey comes out for good type coverage. I will typically use these four. Infernape and Cresselia will replace Blissey if I see a particular type weakness in the opponent's team.

What I need to know:
-Good EVs for Milotic
-What nature for Electrode that produces REALLY good att. and the right IVs for Hidden Power Grass
-What improvements I could make

Thanks in advance. Sorry for making this so long...

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Nothing major, but adament on Electrode is probably not the best idea. Only because it relies on it's specials when it's not blowing up.

I do believe all attack boosting natures boost attack by the same amount though.

RoxburyGuy58

Smash Journeyman
Well, the thing is, I'm going to blow up Electrode as soon as I can, so to ensure kills, it needs good attack. However, now that I think about it, it can have a beneficial nature to spatt, and full EVs in att. AND spatt. The spatt EVs ensure that Hidden Power Grass MIGHT POSSIBLY OHKO Quagsire, and Thunderbolt covers Golduck and Poliwrath (they all have Damp). I just need to know what kind of Electrode I need that can get HP Grass. The one I have is Docile and has HP Steel, and that's no good.

KrazyGlue

Smash Champion
Infernape (completed; Item = Expert Belt)
-Flare Blitz
-Stone Edge
-Close Combat
-Swords Dance
EVs: 252 att., 252 spd., 4 hp
Life orb>expert belt
Jolly>Adamant; with adamant you're outsped by the 100 base stat level (I think), which is a big no-no for infernapes.

Milotic (still in the works; Item = undecided as of now)
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Protect
-Mirror Coat
EVs: ??? spatt, ??? hp, ??? def (I'm not sure how much of each it needs)
Nature: Rash
First of all, are your set makes it seem like you are going for a slightly bulkier milotic, in which case bold is your best bet imo. If not then rash is ok.

Item=leftovers

EVs: Depends on what you are looking for. Possibly you could fill up defense and then split between Sp.Atk and Sp.Def.

Electrode (still in the works; Item = Silk Scarf)
-Explosion
-Thunderbolt
-Magnet Rise
-Hidden Power Grass
EVs: 252 att. (I'm not sure if there's any more that it needs)
Silk scarf??? Again, I would say life orb works better here.
And you need max speed EVs and jolly. Why the heck would you use electrode if you didn't care about speed? If you wanted a slow exploder with lots of power, use metagross.

Cresselia (completed; Item = Leftovers)
-Charge Beam
-Calm Mind
-Phsychic
-Moonlight
EVs: 96 hp, 252 spatt, 160 spd
Nature: Timid
Offensive cresselia, huh? Well, I'm not sure it's your best choice for a special sweeper, but whatevs, it's creative.

Anyways, you don't need charge beam and calm mind. Get rid of one of them.

Blissey (still in the works; Item = undecided as of now)
-Thunder Wave
-Aromatherapy
-Seismic Toss
-Softboiled
EVs: 252 hp, 252 def
Nature: I forget :p (I have it, but didn't migrate it yet)
Hopefully your nature is bold or calm. Other than that, throw 4 EVs into sp.def and you're fine.

Gengar (completed; Item = Wide Lens)
-Focus Blast
-Phsychic
-Shadow Ball
-Explosion
EVs: Not sure. I got this one in a trade a long time ago
Nature: Quiet
Quiet? Why the heck are you lowering speed? That's part of what makes gengar good! Get a nature like mild and give yourself EVs along the lines of: 252 sp.atk, 252 speed, 4 atk.

Also what's the deal with wide lens? 77 acc really isn't much more reliable than 70 acc. Go with an offensive item like, say, life orb (sorry for saying it so much) or expert belt.

Double Battle Team: Electode and Gengar start out. If a ground type is out, I start w/Magnet Rise; if there's a ghost, then Shadow Ball; a Pokemon with the Damp ability, then Thunderbolt or Hidden Power Grass. When all threats are gone (or if there are none to start with), Electrode explodes and Gengar makes sure there are no survivors. Now Milotic comes out. Milotic uses Protect, then Gengar explodes. If the fight's still going, Blissey comes out for good type coverage. I will typically use these four. Infernape and Cresselia will replace Blissey if I see a particular type weakness in the opponent's team.
Meh... I'll rate you in terms of doubles when I have more time.

What I need to know:
-Good EVs for Milotic
Depends on what role you want it to play.

-What nature for Electrode that produces REALLY good att. and the right IVs for Hidden Power Grass
These can be looked up easily online.

-What improvements I could make
-The ones I said

-Pretty much a lack of a reliable physical wall, in other words add a physical wall or Ttar+rock polish= death.

-MORE SPEED

Thanks in advance. Sorry for making this so long...
Your welcome! :suess:

80/100

Top Bottom