• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yet Another Possible New Tech - Dash Feint Grab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Par Cheesy

Smash Rookie
I was messing around in training mode as C.Falcon today and came across a certain technique that I cannot find any info on by searching (either through my inability to find the correct name for it, or one not existing at all).

Anyway, the technique is a sort of momentum dampen which is performed as follows:

Dash>Release Stick (Neutral position)>Grab

Now, what this accomplishes (as C.Falcon) is basically a movement fake. Your character slows down from the release of the stick, making it look like your character is going to stop. But when you grab, they jut forward a distance as though you had never released it. In Captain's case this is incredibly noticeable.

I also tested this with Fox (random training partner) and, although the grab went far less distance, occurred nonetheless.

Finally to the point: Does this Dash-Release-Grab thing exist under any other name? I can't imagine this has gone undiscovered. That being said, it may be relatively useless.

But I could see some mind-game potential for Falcon players (and perhaps others, depending on their grab distance).

Sorry for the lack of video. I have no video capturing equipment and could not find any examples online.

RanserSSF4

Banned via Administration
NNID
RanserSSF4
You can do the same thing if you do pivot turnaround. Really good mix-up with pivot tilts, but this is interesting.

LightLV

Smash Ace
C-Falcon seems to have some interesting property where he keeps his momentum after grabbing people. I'm not sure if other speedy characters can do it, but i've only noticed it with C-Falcon.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
This is a very old technique in a ton of smash games. You dont need the c stick at all; its just simply a result of the dash animation not being finished yet so when the grab is inputted it register as a dash grab still

lijero13ss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lijero13ss
3DS FC
3024-5912-8660
Not sure if it's really a tech, it just seems like a delayed dash grab.

Still useful nonetheless

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Anything done to conceal actions is useful. Dash grabbing this way is generally better, as it gives you the option to use standing attacks as a mixup. If it is useful for Rosalina to approach out of foxtrot, it has to be useful for falcon.

That said, I declare you an imposter and challenge thee to a duel. @ P Par Cheesy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom