• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yet another "critique my Fox" thread.

takieddine

Smash Master

takieddine

Smash Master
Yep, I'll have to agree, although against someone like peach it just ends up in me getting dsmashed, I DD into JC grabs. Falco also in some occassions shines me out of grabs..

JFox

Smash Hero
Falco cant shine you out of grabs unless you are trying to do the wrong thing at the wrong time.

0-45% you should either chaingrab, utilt, or usmash. At higher percents I like to switch between bair and uair, depending on the percent. One grab on falco is at least 25% if your opponent misses his first DI, and on FD you can easily get a nice 75% with little to no effort.

Fefnir Cerveau

Smash Lord
Falco cant shine you out of grabs unless you are trying to do the wrong thing at the wrong time.

0-45% you should either chaingrab, utilt, or usmash. At higher percents I like to switch between bair and uair, depending on the percent. One grab on falco is at least 25% if your opponent misses his first DI, and on FD you can easily get a nice 75% with little to no effort.
A Falco that knows how to DI well can get out earlier, if I'm not mistaken.

Oskurito

Smash Lord
VS. Falco
first match: Few grabs that's why you lost. Anyway, well played, My fox is more technical but I usually get 3 stocked by falcos here on my country >_>
second match: at 0:48 you throwed him up I think its always better to throw him off the stage for a shine spike. Whatever you lost again
third match: NICE at 0:09, you seem to do better on FD. LOL at 1:25. At 2:42 Why didn't you shine spiked him?! :( Anyway, good fox

VS. Peach
first match: I don't know a **** about the match up but why didn't you try to extend your combos into 2 or 3 drillshines? You didn't grabbed -.-
second match: No grabs again >_> Nice try at 2:16 but you missed the shine not the L-cancel I guess lol you should have extend it 2 more times (quintuple drillshine) into an upsmash and said bye bye to that peach but it doesn't matter, you won. NIce fox but you need to grab more and maybe use your blaster a little more.
third match: ... Grab? >_>

Well you've a nice fox right there, you need to grab more and combo more too

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Another strategy with the throws, you should never be actually hitting him in the throws unless your chaingrabbing him. Throw as soon as possible and you will give him less time to be able to DI. And your too nair happy, a few times when he popped up right on top of you (from uptilt or upthrow) and upair would have killed him and you did nair instead. Bairs and Upairs are normally the better choice than nairs if you have popped them up. This is from watching the Fox vs. Falco vid.

takieddine

Smash Master
put into perspective that not all that happens, i mean to do, some of them are just flukes like the utilt to nair, i was going for a bair.

I would grab more, and CG but that would be boring, and i would rely on it too much. grabs can be sidestepped and, i can get punished severely for it, so I have to play it smart with grabs.

Top Bottom