• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yes it's true...

Aura Knight

Smash Rookie
Yoshi's chain grab is escapable. Yesterday I played around with Wario. I have never used him competivly until Yesterday. In my second match my friend used Yoshi. He only Chain grabed the **** out of me. I eventually found a way out. Usually instead of doing a painc and try 2 press hundreds of buttons. I simply waited and jumped right over his tounge. Then comeback down with a Nair or sometimes just dodge. I don't think Yoshi's CG release U-smash is escapeable though. Either way Yoshi now has no CG on Wario.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Wait, you think that people haven't thought of avoiding the grab to get out of the grab combo....

This community hurts me so. On the inside, you know what I mean?

Ouch.

My brain.

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
thats what i said about the supposed ZSS grab infinite. but a perfectly timed grab can grab you out of the air from above the tongue/whip

Mmac

Smash Lord
Double Jumping is the easiest escape if Yoshi/ZSS Screws up because it reacts faster and gets you out of the grab hitbox faster, but only if they screw up. You still can't escape if they time it right. All you can really do is tap the crap out of the Jump button and hope they do screw up the timing, like you and your friend did

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Obviously we must yell and do weird looking things while hitting the jump button, in order to distract our opponent so they can mess up for being gay with an infinite :D

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Obviously we must yell and do weird looking things while hitting the jump button, in order to distract our opponent so they can mess up for being gay with an infinite :D

I'm gonna borrow a baby and train him to cry whenever I get grab release comboed.

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
Double Jumping is the easiest escape if Yoshi/ZSS Screws up because it reacts faster and gets you out of the grab hitbox faster, but only if they screw up. You still can't escape if they time it right. All you can really do is tap the crap out of the Jump button and hope they do screw up the timing, like you and your friend did
THANK YOU!!!! I've been trying to explain(the Yoshi infinite, I play Defender all of the time) this to everyone but I was a lone voice crying in the wilderness, and no one believed me. You can't escape the Yoshi infinite unless the other player screws up.

Goodstyle

Smash Apprentice
I still think Yoshi's infinite is difficult to perform. Wario double jumps can escape it.
Not 100% though...

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
I still think Yoshi's infinite is difficult to perform. Wario double jumps can escape it.
Not 100% though...
Yoshi's infinite is difficult to perform, but it is an infinite and can't be double jumped out of. I'd know, like the only character I face is Yoshi.

Top Bottom