• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yea-or-Nay! 10-Characters-a-Day Poll [RESULTS ARE UP]

RosiePeaches

Banned via Warnings
Yes to Daisy, Azura, Rodin and Nintendog....NO to everyone else!

Oh and Daisy padded the roster of a singleplayer game recently

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Soft yay to Daisy, although she's not my first choice for a Mario newcomer she's pretty much the only one I care about on the list. Rodin would be kind of cool, but I think it's a bit too early for a second Bayonetta character.

Nay to the rest.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
Just to clarify - is the Space Marine the player character of Doom (also known as the Doom Marine, Doomguy, the Doom Slayer, etc.), or someone else? It makes a difference in terms of what my vote is.
The Space Marine is the player character.

chemo

Smash Apprentice
Yeah... you probably should've referred to him as Doomguy or Doom Slayer because the name "Space Marine" is extremely generic and could be interpreted as a background character or the multiplayer avatar or something.

Anyway, yay to Doomguy and Hayabusa, nay to everyone else.

Last edited:

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
The 14th poll is up.

Today's Characters are:
  • Dr. Kawashima (Brain Age)
  • Dr. Wright (Sim City)
  • Bandana Dee (Kirby series)
  • Tingle (Legend of Zelda series)
  • Copen Kamizono (Azure Striker Gunvolt series)
  • Starfy
  • Mr. Resetti (Animal Crossing series)
  • Baby Mario and Luigi (Super Mario and Yoshi series)
  • Anna (Fire Emblem series)
  • Billy Hatcher

D

Deleted member

Big yea to Bandana Dee.
Nay to the Baby Bros and Dr. Kawashima.
Indifferent to everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Oh and Daisy padded the roster of a singleplayer game recently
Please enlighten me.

Yay to Doctor Kawashima, though his giant head as the mastermind behind the hands would also be acceptable.
Yay to Billy Hatcher because he's unique and fun.
Nay to Waddle Dee because he's a generic.
Nay to Mr Resetti because he only exists to be annoying and fulfilled that role perfectly in Brawl as an assist trophy.
Nay to Anna because hey look, it's another Fire Emblem swordsman. If Waddle Dee's too generic then how can I even consider her? :p
Hell Nay to the Baby Bros because they've ruined so many Yoshi games for me already and I really don't want to have to hear their whining in Smash.
And soft nay to the others because I don't care.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yay to Bandanna Dee, nay to everyone else.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Yay to Bandana Dee, Starfy and Tingle.

What? Tingle was great to play as in Hyrule Warriors and he's one of more recognisable Zelda characters! And if you don't like him...well, you can now punch him in the face. HAPPY?

Nay to the others although a soft nay to Anna because I know she's capable of repping the entire damn franchise on her own, but that's not the route that was taken...

D

Deleted member

Yay to bandana dee, starfy, and billy hatchers.
Bandanna dee because kirby needs more love and he's the most likely kirby rep to be added next.
Starfy because HE'S NOT JUST A JOKE ASSIST TROPHY SAKURAI.
And Billy Hatchers because if sonic team cant seem to find a way to make him relevent again(salty about that), than maybe sakurai will(atleast than people will care about him).
Nay to the others

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Yay to Anna, nay to everyone else. I think if another Kirby rep gets in it should be Marx, and Anna is in just about every single Fire Emblem game so it's a surprise to me that she isn't in Smash yet in the first place.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Yay to Resetti, nay to everyone else. I'm not opposed to Bandanna Dee on concept, but his supporters really get on my nerves.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yay to Starfy and Bandana Dee, soft yay to Tingle and Dr. Wright, hard no to everyone else.

Yay to Anna, nay to everyone else. I think if another Kirby rep gets in it should be Marx, and Anna is in just about every single Fire Emblem game so it's a surprise to me that she isn't in Smash yet in the first place.
Prior to Awakening, Anna was in almost every Fire Emblem game the same way Nurse Joy was in every Pokémon game. Awakening, Fates, Heroes, and Warriors are the only games in which she's playable, and two of those are spin offs, and in Fates she's only playable via DLC. Heroes is also the only game in which she plays a major role. A lot of that can easily explain her absence.

Lyndis4Smash

Smash Rookie
Yea to Starfy and Banana Dee, alright with Tingle, nay to the rest.

Prior to Awakening, Anna was in almost every Fire Emblem game the same way Nurse Joy was in every Pokémon game. Awakening, Fates, Heroes, and Warriors are the only games in which she's playable, and two of those are spin offs, and in Fates she's only playable via DLC. Heroes is also the only game in which she plays a major role. A lot of that can easily explain her absence.
Pretty much sums it up. Anna's noteworthy to the series in her own unique way, but she isn't Lyn, Hector or Celica who are pretty iconic characters and are very popular.

MrRoidley

Smash Ace
Yay to:
Rodin: Bayonetta is cool and I think Rodin is the best choice if the series ever gets a second character
Azura: idk she seems cooler than Corrin, never played Fates tho

Nay to the rest

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
  • Dr. Kawashima (Brain Age) nah
  • Dr. Wright (Sim City) no
  • Bandana Dee (Kirby series) YES
  • Tingle (Legend of Zelda series) No
  • Copen Kamizono (Azure Striker Gunvolt series) no
  • Starfy nah
  • Mr. Resetti (Animal Crossing series) no
  • Baby Mario and Luigi (Super Mario and Yoshi series) YES
  • Anna (Fire Emblem series) no
  • Billy Hatcher no

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
The 15th day poll is up.
We're at the halfway mark!

Today's characters are:
  • Ice Climbers (Returning)
  • Brian (Quest 64)
  • Jeanne (Bayonetta series)
  • Porky (Earthbound/Mother series)
  • Chocobo (Final Fantasy series)
  • Samba (Samba de Amigo series)
  • M-308 (Metal Storm)
  • Captain Toad (Super Mario series)
  • Toon Ganondorf (Legend of Zelda series)
  • Krystal (Star Fox series)

D

Deleted member

Yea to ice Climbers, soft yea to Captain Toad, indifferent to most of the others except for Porky and Toon Ganondorf who gets a nay, and Krystal who gets a hard nay.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Yes to Ice Climbers, Captain Toad, and Krystal.

No to the rest.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
I've been really busy these couple of days;

Day 13;
- Azura from Fire Emblem.
^
That's all.

Day 14;
- Bandana Dee ALL THE WAY.
- Tingle, if I can't get Balloon Fighter.
^
Tha's all.

For today, where I actually can vote;

- Ice Climbers returning is a huge Yes.
- Captain Toad is my favourite.
- Krystal. Besides Wolf, she is the other one I want.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Yay to Ice Climbers, Porky, Captain Toad, and Krystal.

I'd be okay with Jeanne if she was an alternate costume for Bayonetta, like the Koopalings, but as her own character, she gets a nay.

Nay for everyone else; I'm not familiar with most of them aside from Chocobo (I'd rather have Cloud, Terra, Kefka, Cecil, Bartz, or even a Black Mage) and Toon Ganondorf. (Just give Ganondorf his own moveset)

Tonydrake

Smash Apprentice
Yay to Captain Toad and Ice Climbers. They're part of my wishlist

Nay to the rest

D

Deleted member

• Ice Climbers- Of course YAY
  • Brian (Quest 64)- While smash does need more mages (ala robin, less like zelda... Hopefully Lana) but brian... If a remake yes but now... Nah
  • Jeanne- Nay
  • Porky- Nay, prefer masked man
  • Chocobo- Nay, assist trophy Yay
  • Samba- Nay
  • M-308- Nay
  • Captain Toad- Nay, assist trophy Yay
  • Toon Ganondorf - Yay, IF he replaces Capton Ganondorf
  • Krystal- Yay, im fine with her

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Yay to Krystal, and a soft yay to Ice Climbers just because I hate fighting them in Smash. Everyone needs a rival, ya know?
Hard nay to Captain Toad.
Abstain on everyone else.

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
Yay to Captain Toad and Toon Ganon, Nay to the rest. And a special Infinite Nay to the Ice Climbers, who have been a cancer on the series since Melee and will almost definitely have some sort of game-breaking infinite if they come back. I genuinely can't believe people still want them.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yay to Ice Climbers because they were a unique character who never should have left.
Yay to Krystal, though preferrably a version without guns.
Nay to anyone else from Bayonetta.
Nay to everyone else because I don't really care.

PreedReve

Smash Journeyman
The 16th poll is up.

Today's characters are:
  • Black Shadow (F-Zero series)
  • Jibanyan (Yo-Kai Watch series)
  • Sir Arthur (Ghost n Goblins series)
  • Don-Chan (Taiko no Tatsujin series)
  • Bomberman
  • Plusle & Minun (Pokemon)
  • Tom Nook (Animal Crossing series)
  • Paula (Earthbound/Mother series)
  • Derek Stiles (Trauma Center series)
  • Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat series)

D

Deleted member

Yes to Bomberman.
Nay to Black Shadow. I view Captain Falcon as a Smash character and every addition from his home series would feel wrong to me.
Hard nay to Jinbanyan. Please keep Bootleg Fire cat Pikachu out of the game.
Hard nay to Sir Arthur. His game is a shining example of terrible game design.
Nay to Plusle and Minun. I don't like Pika clones that aren't Togedemaru (yes, that includes Mimikyu).
Nay to Paula. I don't see the appeal at the slightest.
Indifferent to the rest.

WingedSupernova

Smash Ace
NNID
WingedNova
Switch FC
8149-7158-0019
Yay to Bomberman since he's semi-iconic and would fit in perfectly with the Smash cast.
Nay to everyone else, but Sir Arthur would be cool as an assist trophy. Jibanyan will probably get in as an assist trophy as well.

D

Deleted member

Yay to Bomberman. Soft Nay to Aurthur(as said before cool assist trophy).
Nay to everyone else

Morbi

Scavenger
Black Shadow is probably my most wanted "realizable" character, and the only character in my signature, even if you cannot see him. I mostly want him for his theme; however, I would obviously play the ever living **** out of him.

Paula would be better than Ness, fam. Ness just stole half her kit. I never figured that out until last month when I actually played Earthbound for the first time. Give us the true psychic.

Sub-Zero is one of my favorite characters from one of my favorite series. I am more of a Scorpion, myself; however, Sub-Zero always catered to my super slow, *****-made play-style. It would suck, being unable to rip out Jigglypuff's spine, but it is still a sacrifice I would take.

ryuu seika

Smash Master
Yay to Bomberman because he was a genre defining character who still holds a place in the hearts of many. As well as being a very Nintendo-esque character design.
Yay to Plussle and Minun because I want to see some interesting magnetism moves.
And yay to Black Shadow because he's one of the few F-Zero characters who actually have the weight within their series to warrant a place. Sure, he might end up a Falcon clone but he also might not. And, if he does, Ganondorf can finally be freed.
Nay to Sub Zero and Derek Styles because they don't really fit the universe, though I could see a counterargument being made based on how cartoony the MK ninjas can be.
Nay to Tom Nook because it's too much of a stretch to make him a fighter without cloning villager.
Nay to everyone else out of disinterest or lack of knowledge.

Top Bottom