• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ye rate me olde pokemanz please (2 more vids! yeeahuz!)

TheLake

Smash Master
Yay I finally have a video! Sure theres only one but Its a pretty good match I think. Not the best PT i've played but its certainly a decent sonic so throw me some advice ey?

Oh I mainly need tips on using squirtle...yeah you'll see in the vid lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUarVGNbc7o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvxUxcx2fNo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpjfVAvXoeQ

In match three I accidently hit down B instead of over B *shudders* yeeeeah...you'll see what I mean if you watch the vid. 2 hilarious deaths on me an DarkNES's part though ^_^

Dont hold back now (;

Chalupa3266

Smash Apprentice
Ivysaur is all about spacing, and the best move to space is razorleaf and back airs (which you never did), sonic is all about close combat, so let him come to you. When he charges you, do your backairs , it can lead to a forward tilt or forward smash. Also I dont know why you use razor leaf then run in, ivysaur is all about spacing, let sonic come to you, in the meanwhile rack up damage with razor leaf.

Your squirtle got thrown around a lot, i would say to be more technical, such as more shield grabs. also you shouldnt focus on spamming arials, you should mix it up with his **** to. Or do the Fair to jab combo. Hes all about racking up damage, then once they are high enough, using his fairs and bairs to kill. Also it looked like you were trying to force the super wavedash upsmash thing, its good for mind games but you can see it coming with you rplaystyle because you didnt do much shell sliding, only time you did was when you were about to do the super wave dash. So i would recommend more mind games with your squirtle, more shield grabs, and more jabs.

Your charizard seems decent, i liked some combos you had with the rocksmash to grab. You should do more bairs with him and earthquake is nice to send them above you.

You have a pretty decent PT, just focus on spacing with Ivysaur, being more technical with squirtle (and mindgames), and try and read your opponent with charizard to land those big hits.

TheLake

Smash Master
Cool cool thanks chalupa. Yeah my ivysaur normally plays a little better...hes my favorite so I try to keep him out longer with good spacing :/ not my best display on my part lol

Thanks for the tips for squitle and charizard!

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
Nice recovery at the end w/ ivysaur. those always get me. is there a way to completely make it impossible for ivysaur to come back from that far away? maybe wait until the ivysaur is closer to the edge?...

slave1

Smash Lord
didnt get past a minute. that was an online match. there was lag. if you could get a vid of you against someone on the same wii then i would look over it. but you cant play to your full extent over wifi. if you could do that we would love you :)

TheLake

Smash Master
Aww shucks well I do want love ^_^

Ill try to get a not so laggy match next time mmkay?

Greaseman

Smash Rookie
I honestly don't know very much about pt, but that was a really entertaining match to watch, I really liked the ivysaur recovery at the end and the charizard flying under the stage was purely awesome.

I don't wanna repeat what's been said too much, but your squirtle needs a bit of work, hes an extremely mobile character and can be very tricky to read if played correctly, I would just suggest getting more of a handle on how to abuse that.

That was a sweet video over all.

Binx

Smash Master
For squirtle I would just space fairs better, smash attack less with all three, you had a lot of times where you could have used bullet seed for more damage but instead missed up smashes, go ahead and use it more, it will help keep the rest of your attacks from diminishing while doing good safe damage in the process.

YukioElios

Smash Rookie
I have no idea why that Sonic didn't end the fight when you switched at the end
anyways

-Try to use more short hop razor leaf with Ivysaur. Lower height leaf is a better offensive and defensive movem than leaf at the peak of the jump.
-Ivysaur's spike is quite hard to pull (enemy has to be inside the bulb at the first frames) so don't try it as much as you did. You're better off edgeguarding with fairs and razor leaves.
-Some people try to switch to Charizad as soon as they get a ko with Ivysaur if they're over 80%.
-Don't try to force squirtle's turning up smash. It's pretty, flashy, but not that useful against characters like Sonic. Overall, squirtle is not a good pick against Sonic I think.
-Flamethrower can be a better edgeguard than fair in some matchups. Like if you manage to get Sonic to get confused and start spamming Up B, there's a chance he'll mess it up and end up using it under the edge.

Overall, I liked wht I saw

Top Bottom