• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Yami Tenshi - Official Melee Crew Thread

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
i can be there on wensday, even tho idgaf about the ranking battles anymore. might as well just accept you're better than we are lol

also it gets in the way of actual sparring because everyone's focused on it

/rant

:phone:

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
thats teh point thougth, theres pressure in ranbats that is the same type of pressure we go thru at tourney's. It helps people deal with nerves and being consistant. If we only play casuals all day it doest help us for **** when we go to tourney's ;) . So Wendsday it is, hopefully everyone can make it

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
you missed my point but whatever lol

EDIT: i just remembered that i'm going to a going away party for a co-worker wensday @ 6. i'm not backing out on that so i'm not gonna be there on wensday

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
good stuff at ranbats today guys, looks like eveyone is improving slowly. Points updated

@thesage lol well im alredy coming but nobody else in my crew is :( Its a long bus ride.

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
people should post up and let me know wich day is good for our practice session this week. Im partial to wensday since thats a good day for me. Imma try to have a set-up with Project:M since demo 2 is gonna be out this week ;).

@ShadowHuan: If you find Soul Caliber 2 or 3 for the PS2 you should get it, i would totally play the game more if i could play it on stick.

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
suit yourself, but remember their for the crews benefit as well. If you dont want do them cause you crack under pressure your choice. Remember thougth that theres other people that would like to have macthes in wich they feel tourney pressure.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
fine i was gonna tell you in person but i'll post it instead lol

the three or four tournaments i went to before you started the ranbats, i did much better than i have at any since we've been doing that. i looked up the results just to be sure. i also went from taking a game off matt.zeb in TOURNAMENT and placing fairly high at one (tho it was a small tournament) to loosing to nearly everyone at every tournament since. i actually improved over last summer and have stagnated since then. so i'm going to preform an experiment and not do ranbats this week (i never cared about points anyways) and just play you guys before and after. then i'll see how i do at HoG this saturday.

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
thats funny because its been the opposite for me, ive been improving much more since i've started playing hard in the ranbats rather than just messing around like i do in casuals. but if you think its gonna help you play better next tourney feel free to skip this weeks ranbats.

P.S. I expect you to place top 5 at HoG

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
yeah lol everyone's different man, i just wanna see if it changes anything. mind you it's not the pressure of tournament matches i have to deal with, or people screaming stuff in my ear (i've had a way to deal with that for a while now: if i can't block it out i generally smile at the funny trashtalk and keep playing) it's getting over making small mistakes, having confidnece in my counterpicks, and dealing with tough matchups *coughsheikcough*

plus since moose top 5 has been my goal and i haven't gotten anywhere close since :urg:

so my goal for HoG is to have fun, reguardless of how i place (if i happen to place sorta high that's just a bonus) :)

L1F3

Smash Cadet
hey! finally found this page. i wouldve tried to make it yesterday, but im just not feeling good at all.. ive had this cough for about a week (its clearing up tho!), but ive been taking a ton of naps lately D: and i never take naps. i should be back to normal over the weekend if anything

i heard the news Jose, good stuff.

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
get hype people, lets get this practice session going wendsday. Imma have 1 TV for project M because that game is so awesome ;). Dont forget to bring your A game for the ranbats

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
yo armageddon where were you yesterday? i was playing so terrible that you probably would've beaten me, you missed your chance :/

L1F3

Smash Cadet
im interested, but i have family business to deal with for the whole weekend. its lame

you guys get some good practice in!

flaco

The Terminator
I don;t like project I am always staying melee is just playing acward but then i might play cuz i switched my players

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
lol flaco, marth is awkward to play in project m because is sword has an invisible tipper hitbox. falcon is exactly the same tho

not gonna make it today, got stuff to do, only reason i could post this is 'cause i have mobile internet :/

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
well play falcon then, he's actually a little better in Project M because his side b grabs the ledge, a big improvement

@gonzales: i won't be there on wensday any earlier than like 3:30 'cause i'm working :/

The Great Gonzales

Smash Ace
Arigth people can start showing up after 2:00PM. If you need the extra practice i would suggest showing up at 2:00, im looking at you armaggeddon and Fear.

@Flaco: Bring your Cube we migth need it since i want to run 1 setup with Project:M at all times

Top Bottom