Xenoblade’s first leading lady, the Fiora for Smash support thread!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
2B525255-FCE1-4509-B96A-504EF703D2C7.png

Who is Fiora?

Fiora is one of the seven main playable characters in Xenoblade Chronicles and the counterpart of Shulk, the lead male of the game.

A childhood friend of Shulk's and the younger sister of the previous Monado wielder, Dunban, Fiora was thought dead after the attack on Colony 9. However after the events at Prison Island and Sword Valley, it was revealed that she became a half-Mechon cyborg and also houses the spirit of Meyneth within her body. This version of her is referred to by some as Mecha-Fiora.

Importance to Nintendo and her series
71F4E2CB-AF36-489E-9290-90EE9818CB80.gif

Without going into too many spoilers, in Xenoblade Chronicles it becomes very clear that Fiora is more important compared to the other party members in the game, with the exception of Shulk. This is because she is meant to represent Mechonis while Shulk is meant to represent Bionis, the game’s two major locales. They also represent the underlying themes of rebirth and life respectively, as well as other major themes in the game which I won’t spoil.

Fiora has also received attention outside of the original Xenoblade and the only one to do so besides Shulk (Super Smash Bros. excluded). This includes her voice being an option for the character Cross in Xenoblade Chronicles X under the “Classic” female option (conversely Shulk shares this distinction for the male option), and she appears in the 2015 crossover game Project X Zone 2 as one of three Nintendo guest characters alongside Chrom and Lucina. She additionally appears in Xenoblade 2 as a Rare Blade alongside fellow Xenoblade protagonists Shulk and Elma. As it stands she is almost as important to the first game as Shulk, which is why when it comes to talking about characters from the series, Fiora is important to bring up as she represents the other half of the first game symbolically.

With the release of Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition being scheduled for 2020, just in time for the 10th anniversary of Xenoblade Chronicles, Fiora is now relevant again and as a result fairs a better chance of getting in. And while she is currently in Shulk’s Final Smash, this does not impede her chances, as Chrom appears as a playable character but also in Robin’s Final Smash. Additionally due to having an available model she would be significantly easier to develop which helps her case immensely.

What could she do?
For a moveset, Fiora could use her dual blades with great reach and would be able to chain up combos efficiently, for her specials she’d use her Drones with modes you could cycle through like Shulk’s arts.
For more info I suggest reading my article on her from Source Gaming:
https://www.sourcegaming.info/2018/05/01/guest-article-dream-smasher-fiora/

Discord: https://discord.gg/jhemKyp
Twitter: https://twitter.com/fioraforsmash?lang=en
Now let’s press on and on and on!
22C3B360-897B-4545-8E05-CBA4710BB4A1.gif

Last edited:

Tito Lounge

All Hail Britannia!
Premium
Pretty funny timing on bringing this thread back, as I was just thinking that we should definitely revive the Fiora thread with XC:DE being a thing now.

Anyways, you can definitely put me down as a supporter. I'd be extremely happy with either Fiora or Rex making it in.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

Tends to revive topics
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
ayyy new thread :D

anyway, sign me up. with more DLC and the Definitive Edition on the way I have a good feeling about her

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Everyone has been added to the support list!

But yeah, for the first time in what feels like forever I actually feel really good about Fiora’s chances, someone noted to me something about Shulk’s position on the banner:
D86C67E8-423B-4A78-BC79-1B70CED5F677.jpeg

If you look here he’s facing to the right but it’s as if his back is against someone, there’s also enough space where if you move Dark Samus over you could fit someone right next to him.

Idk, just thought that may be something to keep in mind but I just found it kinda interesting.

Rie Sonomura

Tends to revive topics
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It just hit me that holy crap by the time Sakurai is done, which for all we know might take at LEAST three years, this is gonna be one huge *** banner

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yeah I’ll probably be in my second year of college by the time this banner is done, it’s really amazing how far Smash has gone and how far it will go.

Besides that I actually feel pretty good about Fiora being a DLC Fighter, I could even see her being one of the ones next year depending on the remake’s timing.

After all, if :ultchrom: can make it in and still be in Robin’s Final Smash, what’s stopping her from joining the battle too?

3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Anything can change

Not to rip off Chrom, but that is true. She could be made into a fighter.
We all got to press on and on.

Assuming the additional DLC fighters will receive the same treatment as the first wave, Fiora's stage has to be Mechonis Field.

Add these songs, too:
- Mechonis Field (duh)
- Central Factory
- Irregular Bounce
- Unfinished Battle
- Tragic Decision
-Zanza, the Divine
Yes, so much yes. The stage is a perfect choice for her. I am loving the song selection too.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
With Fiora becoming relevant again thanks to the remake, and extra characters after the fighter pass being confirmed to be in development (which most likely won't follow the "Spirits Deconfirm" rule due to being decided on after launch), Fiora's chances have been renewed, and they've been renewed big time.

I actually think she has a very good shot of being in this "Fighters Pass 2" or whatever they decide to call it. So you can count me back in on the support train. While she isn't quite my most wanted any more (that spot being taken by Reimu from Touhou), she is still very much in the list of characters who I would absolutely love to see make it in.

I should really get around to remastering my old Fiora moveset.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Assuming the additional DLC fighters will receive the same treatment as the first wave, Fiora's stage has to be Mechonis Field.

Add these songs, too:
- Mechonis Field (duh)
- Central Factory
- Irregular Bounce
- Unfinished Battle
- Tragic Decision
-Zanza, the Divine
Oh my god yes this is perfect! And I figure her Spirit Board could either cover the different Mechon Faces that don’t have Spirits and even
Alvis
Either that or if they just want to promote Xenoblade Definitive Edition they can use the updated art of the main cast for Spirits.

Tito Lounge

All Hail Britannia!
Premium
Oh my god yes this is perfect! And I figure her Spirit Board could either cover the different Mechon Faces that don’t have Spirits and even
Alvis
Either that or if they just want to promote Xenoblade Definitive Edition they can use the updated art of the main cast for Spirits.
Egil, Dickson, and Meyneth should totally be Spirits, too.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
A little food for thought for today.

It is funny how she’s the only one who hasn’t made the jump yet to playable status, considering one of the characters in the same game was in a similar circumstance as her, does make you wonder...

Rie Sonomura

Tends to revive topics
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Could I be added to the support list? I still support our human-cyborg hybrid! By the way, whatever happened to the old Fiora thread?
We axed it cause the founder, Mythra, was banned by the admins over something... I’m not really allowed to talk about, and taking it over wouldn’t be so easy

A little food for thought for today.

It is funny how she’s the only one who hasn’t made the jump yet to playable status, considering one of the characters in the same game was in a similar circumstance as her, does make you wonder...
Imagine if we get both her AND KOS-MOS, her designated partner in that game!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Everyone has been added to the support list as of now!
Imagine if we get both her AND KOS-MOS, her designated partner in that game!
That’d be amazing if we did, imagine if KOS-MOS brought T-LOS as an Echo Fighter too? Another thing I could see since Sakurai loves to go the fanservice route in Smash is Fiora summoning KOS-MOS and her being a part of Fiora’s Final Smash, referencing their finisher combo in Project X Zone 2:
(2:10 and 2:36)

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So something I’ve been thinking about...

What if Fiora’s trailer was a continuation of Shulk’s trailer from Smash 4?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Id like to be added as a supporter

Nintendo is advertising Xenoblade DE as the game that "chronicles the adventures of Shulk and Fiora" - https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/xenoblade-chronicles-definitive-edition-switch/

Also Fiora got new artwork alongside Shulk. No one else has new art yet
Added!

And yes I’ve noticed this, Nintendo seems to be pushing her as the face of the game alongside Shulk, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if she had a heavy marketing presence for the remake as she actually had it before the first game released in Japan where she was used in advertisements for the game.

In a way she’s kinda become the game’s de facto mascot from what I’ve observed.