• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Xenoblade’s first leading lady, the Fiora for Smash support thread!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
2B525255-FCE1-4509-B96A-504EF703D2C7.png

Who is Fiora?

Fiora is one of the seven main playable characters in Xenoblade Chronicles and the counterpart of Shulk, the lead male of the game.

A childhood friend of Shulk's and the younger sister of the previous Monado wielder, Dunban, Fiora was thought dead after the attack on Colony 9. However after the events at Prison Island and Sword Valley, it was revealed that she became a half-Mechon cyborg and also houses the spirit of Meyneth within her body. This version of her is referred to by some as Mecha-Fiora.

Importance to Nintendo and her series
71F4E2CB-AF36-489E-9290-90EE9818CB80.gif

Without going into too many spoilers, in Xenoblade Chronicles it becomes very clear that Fiora is more important compared to the other party members in the game, with the exception of Shulk. This is because she is meant to represent Mechonis while Shulk is meant to represent Bionis, the game’s two major locales. They also represent the underlying themes of rebirth and life respectively, as well as other major themes in the game which I won’t spoil.

Fiora has also received attention outside of the original Xenoblade and the only one to do so besides Shulk (Super Smash Bros. excluded). This includes her voice being an option for the character Cross in Xenoblade Chronicles X under the “Classic” female option (conversely Shulk shares this distinction for the male option), and she appears in the 2015 crossover game Project X Zone 2 as one of three Nintendo guest characters alongside Chrom and Lucina. She additionally appears in Xenoblade 2 as a Rare Blade alongside fellow Xenoblade protagonists Shulk and Elma. As it stands she is almost as important to the first game as Shulk, which is why when it comes to talking about characters from the series, Fiora is important to bring up as she represents the other half of the first game symbolically.

With the release of Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition being scheduled for 2020, just in time for the 10th anniversary of Xenoblade Chronicles, Fiora is now relevant again and as a result fairs a better chance of getting in. And while she is currently in Shulk’s Final Smash, this does not impede her chances, as Chrom appears as a playable character but also in Robin’s Final Smash. Additionally due to having an available model she would be significantly easier to develop which helps her case immensely.

What could she do?
For a moveset, Fiora could use her dual blades with great reach and would be able to chain up combos efficiently, for her specials she’d use her Drones with modes you could cycle through like Shulk’s arts.
For more info I suggest reading my article on her from Source Gaming:
https://www.sourcegaming.info/2018/05/01/guest-article-dream-smasher-fiora/

Discord: https://discord.gg/jhemKyp
Twitter: https://twitter.com/fioraforsmash?lang=en
Now let’s press on and on and on!
22C3B360-897B-4545-8E05-CBA4710BB4A1.gif

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Pretty funny timing on bringing this thread back, as I was just thinking that we should definitely revive the Fiora thread with XC:DE being a thing now.

Anyways, you can definitely put me down as a supporter. I'd be extremely happy with either Fiora or Rex making it in.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
ayyy new thread :D

anyway, sign me up. with more DLC and the Definitive Edition on the way I have a good feeling about her

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Everyone has been added to the support list!

But yeah, for the first time in what feels like forever I actually feel really good about Fiora’s chances, someone noted to me something about Shulk’s position on the banner:
D86C67E8-423B-4A78-BC79-1B70CED5F677.jpeg

If you look here he’s facing to the right but it’s as if his back is against someone, there’s also enough space where if you move Dark Samus over you could fit someone right next to him.

Idk, just thought that may be something to keep in mind but I just found it kinda interesting.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It just hit me that holy crap by the time Sakurai is done, which for all we know might take at LEAST three years, this is gonna be one huge ass banner

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Yeah I’ll probably be in my second year of college by the time this banner is done, it’s really amazing how far Smash has gone and how far it will go.

Besides that I actually feel pretty good about Fiora being a DLC Fighter, I could even see her being one of the ones next year depending on the remake’s timing.

After all, if :ultchrom: can make it in and still be in Robin’s Final Smash, what’s stopping her from joining the battle too?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Anything can change

Not to rip off Chrom, but that is true. She could be made into a fighter.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Assuming the additional DLC fighters will receive the same treatment as the first wave, Fiora's stage has to be Mechonis Field.

Add these songs, too:
- Mechonis Field (duh)
- Central Factory
- Irregular Bounce
- Unfinished Battle
- Tragic Decision
-Zanza, the Divine

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Anything can change

Not to rip off Chrom, but that is true. She could be made into a fighter.
We all got to press on and on.

Assuming the additional DLC fighters will receive the same treatment as the first wave, Fiora's stage has to be Mechonis Field.

Add these songs, too:
- Mechonis Field (duh)
- Central Factory
- Irregular Bounce
- Unfinished Battle
- Tragic Decision
-Zanza, the Divine
Yes, so much yes. The stage is a perfect choice for her. I am loving the song selection too.

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
With Fiora becoming relevant again thanks to the remake, and extra characters after the fighter pass being confirmed to be in development (which most likely won't follow the "Spirits Deconfirm" rule due to being decided on after launch), Fiora's chances have been renewed, and they've been renewed big time.

I actually think she has a very good shot of being in this "Fighters Pass 2" or whatever they decide to call it. So you can count me back in on the support train. While she isn't quite my most wanted any more (that spot being taken by Reimu from Touhou), she is still very much in the list of characters who I would absolutely love to see make it in.

I should really get around to remastering my old Fiora moveset.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061

Add these songs, too:
- Mechonis Field (duh)
- Central Factory
- Irregular Bounce
- Unfinished Battle
- Tragic Decision
-Zanza, the Divine
Oh my god yes this is perfect! And I figure her Spirit Board could either cover the different Mechon Faces that don’t have Spirits and even
Alvis
Either that or if they just want to promote Xenoblade Definitive Edition they can use the updated art of the main cast for Spirits.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Oh my god yes this is perfect! And I figure her Spirit Board could either cover the different Mechon Faces that don’t have Spirits and even
Alvis
Either that or if they just want to promote Xenoblade Definitive Edition they can use the updated art of the main cast for Spirits.
Egil, Dickson, and Meyneth should totally be Spirits, too.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
There was a problem fetching the tweet
A little food for thought for today.

It is funny how she’s the only one who hasn’t made the jump yet to playable status, considering one of the characters in the same game was in a similar circumstance as her, does make you wonder...

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Could I be added to the support list? I still support our human-cyborg hybrid! By the way, whatever happened to the old Fiora thread?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Could I be added to the support list? I still support our human-cyborg hybrid! By the way, whatever happened to the old Fiora thread?
We axed it cause the founder, Mythra, was banned by the admins over something... I’m not really allowed to talk about, and taking it over wouldn’t be so easy

There was a problem fetching the tweet
A little food for thought for today.

It is funny how she’s the only one who hasn’t made the jump yet to playable status, considering one of the characters in the same game was in a similar circumstance as her, does make you wonder...
Imagine if we get both her AND KOS-MOS, her designated partner in that game!

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Everyone has been added to the support list as of now!
Imagine if we get both her AND KOS-MOS, her designated partner in that game!
That’d be amazing if we did, imagine if KOS-MOS brought T-LOS as an Echo Fighter too? Another thing I could see since Sakurai loves to go the fanservice route in Smash is Fiora summoning KOS-MOS and her being a part of Fiora’s Final Smash, referencing their finisher combo in Project X Zone 2:
(2:10 and 2:36)

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
NintenZ NintenZ You put me down as a supporter twice by mistake. :-P

...Although, maybe that just means that I can support her inclusion extra hard.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
So something I’ve been thinking about...

What if Fiora’s trailer was a continuation of Shulk’s trailer from Smash 4?

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Id like to be added as a supporter

Nintendo is advertising Xenoblade DE as the game that "chronicles the adventures of Shulk and Fiora" - https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/xenoblade-chronicles-definitive-edition-switch/

Also Fiora got new artwork alongside Shulk. No one else has new art yet
Added!

And yes I’ve noticed this, Nintendo seems to be pushing her as the face of the game alongside Shulk, I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if she had a heavy marketing presence for the remake as she actually had it before the first game released in Japan where she was used in advertisements for the game.

In a way she’s kinda become the game’s de facto mascot from what I’ve observed.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Hello again everyone! Thought I'd bump up the thread as it's been about two months.

Very surprised to see the lack of Fiora discussion overall, with Rex being a Mii Outfit and being old news now that the remake is coming out, and Nintendo likely wanting to put everything they can into promoting the remake to make sure it succeeds, it seems Fiora is really being slept on.

Atm I'd say her only real competition is KOS-MOS.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Hello again everyone! Thought I'd bump up the thread as it's been about two months.

Very surprised to see the lack of Fiora discussion overall, with Rex being a Mii Outfit and being old news now that the remake is coming out, and Nintendo likely wanting to put everything they can into promoting the remake to make sure it succeeds, it seems Fiora is really being slept on.

Atm I'd say her only real competition is KOS-MOS.
It's not that I don't support Fiora anymore (quite the contrary, in fact), but I guess I'm personally waiting for the Fighter's Pass to wrap up. Let's be honest, a 1st party just won't be happening in the Pass. After it, however...

By the way, what's this I'm hearing lately about KOS-MOS and Smash?

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Huh I'm surprised this place doesn't have more activity, but let me just say that I think Byleth's inclusion REALLY bodes well for us because it shows Nintendo is willing to add characters from recent games and Fiora is in a really good spot right now with the remake coming up.

Now for her Fighter Pack, any ideas on what it would include? I was thinking the stage could be Fallen Arm and she could come with a Spirit Board including the Mechon Faces who are strangely absent as Spirits, and for the music it could be a mix of Xenoblade music from across the series, including from 1, X, and 2.

Any thoughts?

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Huh I'm surprised this place doesn't have more activity, but let me just say that I think Byleth's inclusion REALLY bodes well for us because it shows Nintendo is willing to add characters from recent games and Fiora is in a really good spot right now with the remake coming up.

Now for her Fighter Pack, any ideas on what it would include? I was thinking the stage could be Fallen Arm and she could come with a Spirit Board including the Mechon Faces who are strangely absent as Spirits, and for the music it could be a mix of Xenoblade music from across the series, including from 1, X, and 2.

Any thoughts?
Include some of the DE artwork Spirits as well, and a mixture of more 1 and 2 music. No X music... yet.
that will come with Elma

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Any thoughts?
Fallen Arm or Mechonis Field are definitely the best choices for her stage, IMO.

I'd love to believe that Fiora has a strong chance of being playable in FP2, but being a spirit and making a cameo in Shulk's FS leaves me very doubtful that she could be included for promotional reasons. Until I see proof that upgrades are on the table, I'm not holding my breath for any Xenoblade character...

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Fallen Arm or Mechonis Field are definitely the best choices for her stage, IMO.

I'd love to believe that Fiora has a strong chance of being playable in FP2, but being a spirit and making a cameo in Shulk's FS leaves me very doubtful that she could be included for promotional reasons. Until I see proof that upgrades are on the table, I'm not holding my breath for any Xenoblade character...
I feel they can work around the Spirit, just use a different artwork for her honestly, either her alternative artwork from the first game or her DE artwork will do honestly.

Also the Final Smash situation has already been settled. :ultchrom:

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
IMO, the stage should be Agniratha. Probably around the Meyneth Shrine area.

As for Spirits, definitely the characters more related to Mechonis. Machina characters like Egil, Vanea, Miqol, or Linada would work well. Maybe a Gadolt spirit that evolves into Jade Face? And of course a Meyneth Spirit is a must. Also, Dickson and Alvis spirits are missing from the base game. This is unacceptable. They should be added too.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
To show you my dream list in a Xenoblade Chronicles 1 remake:

1. Bionis Shoulder - Done
2. Expansion of Colony 9 - I love Colony 9 but wouldn't mind a few hidden areas post game along the eastern side that connects to sea level of the Bionis.
3. Reworking of the Battle System - Mostly to match the pacing of XC2. I loved the weight behind the attacks in the game.
4. Land of Challenge - You said.
5. References to Xeno - You said Elma and Rex and Pyra. I say hell yeah but make it post game.
6. Reference to PXZ2 - I also say a reference to Project X Zone 2. Fiora meeting KOS-MOS again or a side quest involving Shulk going to Wreckage Beach or Sword Valley after hearing someone see strange people there. Fiora isn't present of course. He doesn't find anyone but he does get new equipment.
7. Reference to Smash - Just a tweak of Gaur Plains to reference the stage platforms.
8. Sound Options - Seriously needed. Dual audio again even though the game has one of the best game dubs out there.
9. Redone animations - Again to reference XC2, the animations has more weight to it and would like that in the XC1 remake.

And of course 10.
Plot Holes and a hint of the series future - A few major questions from XC2 remain.......
Who is Ontos and is it really Alvis?
Who were the Saviourite Rebels mentioned at the start of Chapter 10?
Is Xenoblade X an alternative timeline?
Will there be an in-universe explanation of how or why Zanza retained his half or will he be given a redesign?

And finally to wonder, will all voice actors for both Japanese and English come back if they are redoing lines? Most likely Adam Howden will come back as Shulk, it was kinda his breakout role for him in gaming. And Carina Reeves will likely come back as Fiora given she did for XC2 but what about the others such as Reyn (I think) who was reported to never want to do voice acting for games again?

I'll crosspost this to the Elma support thread maybe but to the likes of my other Xeno fans, what do you all think of my thoughts?

Was recommended to post my thoughts here by Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura . What do my fellow Elma supports think?
I don’t think the guy found this thread so I’ll share it here

also something something contents of Spirit battles can be changed to reflect DLC as seen with the Cuphead costume I’m sure you’ve already heard this by now

Lasatar

Smash Apprentice
Personally, one of my most wanted things from the remake are more voiced sidequests. Could be brand new sidequests, or adding voices to old ones. At the very least they need to voice Bana the Betrayer. Maybe give him the same VA as Xenoblade 2 Bana, lol.

I'd also like colony 6 to get a bit of an overhaul. I thought that the system they used in the original was perfectly functional, but it could definitely use a lot of improvements. As for what I'd change it to, I'm unsure, but anything is better than running around Valak Mountain and Fallen Arm for hours hunting for Ice Cabbages and Rainbow Slugs.

Also, I really want fashion gear from X to show up. Some armour in Xenoblade 1 looks really ugly. Especially if you're combining pieces from multiple sets. Being able to use the stats from one piece but the appearance from another would be a small but much appreciated change.

Oh, and in regards to Fiora in Smash, now that we know they can rename existing spirits, things are looking better for Fiora. Not only can they use the definitive edition artwork for her fighter spirit, but they could rename the two existing Fiora spirits to Fiora (Homs) and Fiora (Ether Armour). Heck, they might be able to make official artwork of the Speed, Attack, and Power armours and have those be spirits alongside Ether so it doesn't feel out of place. IDK, it's just an idea.

Last edited:

scaPEGoat ~

Smash Cadet
Fiora would be a good inclusion, but I still have some doubts. It's okay that the launch of Xenoblade DE can promote its inclusion, but I still find it difficult to happen. Because Shulk has colors based on her, just like since the base game Shulk has colors based on Rex. Regardless of whether the base game was developed, it was already decided that Rex would not be a fighter as far as I know. Remembering that Chrom became a fighter in the base game is quite different from believing that this will happen in the DLC.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Fiora would be a good inclusion, but I still have some doubts. It's okay that the launch of Xenoblade DE can promote its inclusion, but I still find it difficult to happen. Because Shulk has colors based on her, just like since the base game Shulk has colors based on Rex. Regardless of whether the base game was developed, it was already decided that Rex would not be a fighter as far as I know. Remembering that Chrom became a fighter in the base game is quite different from believing that this will happen in the DLC.
The blue wearing Shulk is actually based on Sharla, not Rex.

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Okay so the next Fighter being from ARMS is BIG news for us.

If it’s actually one of the ones featured as a Spirit, this would debunk the theory that Spirits disconfirm, and if it’s Spring-Man it’d also debunk the theory NPCs can’t be promoted as DLC.

Also this shows that they’re revisiting series included in the base game, so it’s entirely possible they may want to promote Xenoblade and someone like Fiora or Melia would be good for that.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Xenoblade DE will have re-recorded music

so maybe Fiora could come with some of those tracks? Idk what to do stage wise though...

my only plan is making her an Elma Echo and she’d be bundled with Elma, an X stage, and a mix of X tracks (new to Smash), a few more 2 tracks, and some XCDE remixed tracks. Maybe some Torna songs too

Last edited:

NintenZ

Smash Legend
3DS FC
5343-8848-6075
Switch FC
SW-0570-4210-6061
Xenoblade DE will have re-recorded music

so maybe Fiora could come with some of those tracks? Idk what to do stage wise though...

my only plan is making her an Elma Echo and she’d be bundled with Elma, an X stage, and a mix of X tracks (new to Smash), a few more 2 tracks, and some XCDE remixed tracks. Maybe some Torna songs too
I was just thinking about the new songs.

I was thinking she could come with the remixed tracks and the stage could be Fallen Arm which is arguably the second most iconic location from the first game.

It could feature several cameos from the main cast and she could come with Spirits representing the updated appearances in Definitive Edition and maybe even characters like Alvis and the Faced Mechons.

Tbh I'm starting to think she could be our dark horse candidate.

Top Bottom