• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X-Play has the FULL American version of Brawl(tonight @ 8 + preview inside)

Allin

Smash Journeyman
That was it?

I see more brawl in a youtube video. At least it was beautiful, thought they kept calling pikmin pokemon and pokemon pikmin...

Great to see some smash though.
You try playing SSBB and hosting a show at the same time lol :D

Ridley22

Smash Ace
That was it? BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. They should put that on Attack of the Show's EPIC FAIL section. Yeah I've watched G4 before, mainly for Ninja Warrior.

Devotion

Smash Apprentice
They're not going to be pro.. They play hundreds and hundreds of games...

Smash isnt on the top of their list...

Seriously guys.. stop whining.
Is "stop whining" all anyone can ever come back with on the net these days, even when people aren't whining. All I was trying to say is people reviewing/showing a game should at least have some knowledge of it and its controls =P.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
No offense but Adam sux....Morgan is "slightly" better.

And BTW....Morgan Webb is my not-so-guilty pleasure. ;)

sfox8

Smash Journeyman
Is "stop whining" all anyone can ever come back with on the net these days, even when people aren't whining. All I was trying to say is people reviewing/showing a game should at least have some knowledge of it and its controls =P.
We must not have been watching the same show because from what I saw they knew perfectly well what the controls were, and on top of that were playing with the wiimote. There could be other factors that influence their performance. Maybe the fact that they're trying to play the game well and show off certain features while talking and hosting a television show that a lot of people will be watching for that exclusive footage? They're not pros (and probably never will be). They definitely won't come close to the competitive players here so really... D=

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Why does every reviewer that plays smash have to suck so bad at it? Not even mediocore at it?
Seriously. She was absolutely terrible with Olimar. She just fell off the edge, with six Pikmin, she didnt even try to Pikmin chain...sigh..

Also, they both kept mixing up Pikmin and Pokemon

She said "Oh, theres my Pokemon chain"..... :confused::confused:

Puffs

Smash Ace
Seriously. She was absolutely terrible with Olimar. She just fell off the edge, with six Pikmin, she didnt even try to Pikmin chain...sigh..

It's X-Play.

Forget Me Not

Smash Apprentice
If they do have the full American version of the game, I wonder if that hints at us possibly getting the game in store soon as a demo. That would be nice.
I just talked to my local gamestop people and they've already talked to their nintendo rep. Apparently he's coming in next week to set up the demo. I kinda doubt it, but the guy seemed sincere. I still gotta talk to my supervisor when our nintendo rep is coming. If there is a demo I'll take some pics and post it.

rblair

Smash Cadet

ya that was annoying.

Flaminglink

Smash Journeyman
IT would be soooo cool if japanese discs dont work on wifi on america wii's that would teach all u bozos who bought it early a lesson XD

Chepe

Smash Lord
I thought it was stated a couple weeks ago that NOA just wanted time to prepare their advertisements and stuff for the game?

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
If i could get that game now and have to wait a month for the wi-fi to work i would be fine with that i wont be on the wi-fi anyway untill i unlock all the characters and stages anyway.

Upgrayedd

Smash Cadet
That was the worst display of smash I have ever seen. My grandma could probably beat both of them in a 2 against 1 match! That was so embarrassing. I have lost all my respect for this show.

_Tediz_

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the video, I enjoyed it... somehow. What's the difference between watching the US version and the Japanese , there's no japanese letters? Well already half of the game is in english. Still better to watch japanese on live streams but thanks anyway for the information about it.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Oh wow. This is pretty pathetic. I mean, we are criticizing people who aren't smash experts.

Really people, is this what you do with your lives?

Chuc

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3540-0027-2288
On top of that they have to conduct a proper preview of the review, hats off to people who can multitask.

Strongside

Smash Apprentice
“And now, your highness, we will discuss the locat
That was the worst display of smash I have ever seen. My grandma could probably beat both of them in a 2 against 1 match! That was so embarrassing. I have lost all my respect for this show.
I do not think you know how difficult that was for them.

A. They do NOT play Smash every day. They are not experts at the game.
B. They were probably reading off something scripted, too. That is a distraction.

Stop criticizing non-experts because they arn't good. I would LOVE to see you try what they did, and do it better.

Yukichu

Smash Apprentice
Was anyone able to catch how PT's voice is? I couldn't hear clearly because they won't shut up.

Kruton

Smash Ace
The one thing that made me mad was the fact that they kept mixing up "Pikimin" and "Pokemon". It's inexcusable, considering Morgan said she was a Pikimin fan, and P.Trainer is based off the 1st generation of Pokemon, which really even any casual gamer should know the starters and their evolved forms. Hell, even if they didn't know the Pokemon's individual names, they should still recognize Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle as what they are.

It was just a debacle to watch, there's no way I can watch a week of it. Scranton's gaming center has a guy that brings in a Japanese Wii and Smash, so I don't need to see hands on, especially when they have no idea what they are saying.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
The one thing that made me mad was the fact that they kept mixing up "Pikimin" and "Pokemon". It's inexcusable, considering Morgan said she was a Pikimin fan
I assume they were mistakes rather than ignorance. Pikmin and Pokemon sound similar. When you are trying to do 3 or 4 things at once, your mind may slip and say the wrong one as well. I don't know how many times I mix up the names Falco and Falcon when I'm playing Melee and I certainly know the difference between the characters.

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
It'll be better when they do the actual segments for the rest of the week. It'll be edited, voiced-over, they can take their time, showcase things properly, write up a good script....Trust me. It'll be good.

garbage

Smash Journeyman
Why the **** can't we get like a 2 minute Mario vs. Link only demo or SOMETHING...

Top Bottom