• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wynton "progducto" Smith Talking About Invitational, Nintendo

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
One of the three Smash Brothers Invitational commentators, progducto, is talking about Nintendo and his E3 experiences right now on Twitch. If you are interested in hearing what prog has to say, tune in right now! He is a vocal ambassador for the Smash Brothers community and has some excellent thoughts on what comes next.

Listen to him here! *EDIT* The stream has ended. If there is a recording available it will be linked here in the near future!

Last edited:

Chukkaque

Smash Apprentice
Is this going to be recorded for others to watch/listen to later? I would love to tune in but my phone does not like playing twitch and I seem to have run out of data thanks to Tree House Live...

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I think it's a lost vod, guys. He never has record sessions on, sadly.

lob

Smash Cadet
NNID
FunkyLobster
3DS FC
0877-1680-1612
i dunno why wed be worried about project m getting a cease and desist from nintendo cuz its not like they got anything to lose. they shut down wfc and its not like pmbr is making money or anything. i was p worried about projms future but in hindsight it was irrational

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
$100 says he prob said something like "I gave Nintendo a list and they picked, I didn't do anything biased guys"

A list of 80 melee players (didn't include m2k, armada, hax, mango aka anyone important), oh and 1 brawl player probably.

I guess it bothers me that a nobody is a "representative" of the smash community and had such an influence over the most important smash lime-light it's had in 13 years.

Last edited:

Spiffykins

Smash Ace
i dunno why wed be worried about project m getting a cease and desist from nintendo cuz its not like they got anything to lose. they shut down wfc and its not like pmbr is making money or anything. i was p worried about projms future but in hindsight it was irrational
It's not totally irrational. Let's remember that a year ago, Nintendo tried to shut down the Evo stream. Yes, that decision didn't last long, yes, they got a huge amount of flak for it, but it still happened and I honestly can't imagine any other company being sooo out of the loop that they'd think that was a good idea for even a second.

What if Project M gets too big to completely ignore? What if it had been P:M in Melee's place last year at Evo? These are not irrational questions. I love P:M and 100% want it to rocket up alongside Melee. What if that dream comes true and we suddenly find a much colder response from Nintendo?

All I want is some sort of official reassurance that if we get P:M to that level, it won't be all for naught and we won't get shot down at the very last second.

Last edited:

lob

Smash Cadet
NNID
FunkyLobster
3DS FC
0877-1680-1612
It's not totally irrational. Let's remember that a year ago, Nintendo tried to shut down the Evo stream. Yes, that decision didn't last long, yes, they got a huge amount of flak for it, but it still happened and I honestly can't imagine any other company being sooo out of the loop that they'd think that was a good idea for even a second.

What if Project M gets too big to completely ignore? What if it had been P:M in Melee's place last year at Evo? These are not irrational questions. I love P:M and 100% want it to rocket up alongside Melee. What if that dream comes true and we suddenly find a much colder response from Nintendo?

All I want is some sort of official reassurance that if we get P:M to that level, it won't be all for naught and we won't get shot down at the very last second.
ya i mostly agree with u. i think the huge negative response from them trying to shut down melee at evo opened their eyes tho, made them realize competitive players are just as much their customers as casual players (i hope.) project m isnt low profile at all and tbh its probably making history as one of the most successful console mods but smash 4 is coming out pretty soon so itll no doubt be overshadowed by that. i think project ms growth is gonna slow down around smash 4s release so nintendo gets to stay quiet about it

Mr.Random

Smash Ace
$100 says he prob said something like "I gave Nintendo a list and they picked, I didn't do anything biased guys"

A list of 80 melee players (didn't include m2k, armada, hax, mango aka anyone important), oh and 1 brawl player probably.

I guess it bothers me that a nobody is a "representative" of the smash community and had such an influence over the most important smash lime-light it's had in 13 years.
>A nobody
What a really mean thing to say. Prog is extremely nice and he does have a job other than commentating.

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
i found this guy pretty annoying during the invitational... That way too low voice... he was overdoing it imo...

This guy should be the announcer in the actual game.
BANNED

Last edited:

ACDC

Smash Journeyman
I was playing melee with many firends in a basement with a few TV's so I missed the twitch. Did anyone record it?

Top Bottom