• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WWYP3 Scores and Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
What's more is...I get my Wii today!
Happy WiiPAL launch day everyone, and have a happy New Wii...year.

De_Le_Chozo

Smash Apprentice
where all bedlam breaks loose! either that or the
If you're all so bored of waiting for Scav, read my new story in advance.
Lemme put a twist to this: If you're all on the edge of your seat waiting for Scav, come relax yourself with my new piece of crap-er. . . I mean fiction.
Since I'm not as cool as Kragen, I'm showing the URL as a URL instead of a link. . .http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=91458

Is that it? I hope it works.

Anyways, did I ever congratulate everyone who got a better score than I did for getting a better score than I did? If I didn't, CONGRATULATIONS!

Oh yeah, I think Scav said he/she said he/she was a girl in the "Recommended Books?" thread, but I think some people have called Scav a "he."
I'd like to maintain that Scav is a girl, because usually, I see teenage boys on their laptops at school more than I see girls. And Smashboards could use more estrogen!

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Scav loves deadlines; he loves the "whooshing" sound they make as they go by.

Any one know who originally said that? I'll give you something...and no searching for it!

bluezaft

The True Zaft
That's from The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy. So I guess....wait, who wrote that again...Douglas Adams.

Kragen

Smash Ace
Lemme put a twist to this: If you're all on the edge of your seat waiting for Scav, come relax yourself with my new piece of crap-er. . . I mean fiction.
Since I'm not as cool as Kragen, I'm showing the URL as a URL instead of a link. . .http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=91458

Is that it? I hope it works.!
If you want a text link, instead of an URL, type
With a ] instead of a }, of course.

Btw, I did the same thing as you did: add more description :p

Seed of Sorrow

Smash Champion
You know, we could always bribe her, ........ ya'know with chocolate.

I think the reason she is porcrastinating is because she doesn't want to but the book or whatever.
just kidding

bluezaft

The True Zaft
It's been nearly two months now, this is just getting ridiculous. Let's just use the scores we have now and move on to the next contest.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Well, we would have to wait til about January because X-mas break is in like 2 weeks and we will be doing stuff like playing with our x-mas gifts, wearing them, etc. And we will be to busy messing with them, so we might as well wait til January.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Only a person's hubris could say they never do anything stupid; God knows I have done many an unintelligent thing in my life. In many ways, it seems intelligence is just a lack of stupid acts and not the other way around.

On a side note: Scav, your procrastination is making the lazy writhe with anxiousness! :mad:

applejack

Smash Journeyman
Wow, I haven't posted here in awhile.
Scav almost done?....nope, guess not.
Who thinks Scav is just enjoying watching us wait? Let the stew boil before he/she (don't get it either) gives the scores?

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I've estimated that I'll finish my first published book within either 3 months, 1 1/2 years or 2 years depending on my situation and work conditions. Can a mod, or really anyone here, give me a link to copyright specifications? For instance, can I get my book copyrighted before I publish it so I can post excerpts without fear of someone taking my ideas?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
In all honesty, ideas themselves are never safe. Just look at the Kevin McClory - Cubby Broccoli (James Bond producers) lawsuit. McClory was staking a claim on Blofeld and S.P.E.C.T.R.E. characters while Cubby fought to keep them. The courts ruled for McClory and gave him full rights to Blofeld. Problematic for Cubby, since Blofeld was Bond's nemesis.

But what did he do? Cubby made a bald man with a cat attack Bond in the opener for the next Bond flick. He makes various references to the fact that they have a past, and then Bond dispatches him. It's clear that it was Blofeld, but McClory couldn't do a thing because, arguably, it "wasn't him". even though it most obviously was.

As for the writing itself, the date on the post would serve as evidence that you wrote it before any hopeful plagiarizers. And to be honest, unless you're the next Hemingway, the chances of someone stealing your work are mighty, mighty slim. And the odds of you--or anyone on this site, I might add--being the next Hemingway are even slimmer.

-I

Virgilijus

BRoomer
I would have liked to have seen Hemingway play Smash. I think he would have played as Link, though Melville's Marth would take him.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
In all honesty, ideas themselves are never safe. Just look at the Kevin McClory - Cubby Broccoli (James Bond producers) lawsuit. McClory was staking a claim on Blofeld and S.P.E.C.T.R.E. characters while Cubby fought to keep them. The courts ruled for McClory and gave him full rights to Blofeld. Problematic for Cubby, since Blofeld was Bond's nemesis.

But what did he do? Cubby made a bald man with a cat attack Bond in the opener for the next Bond flick. He makes various references to the fact that they have a past, and then Bond dispatches him. It's clear that it was Blofeld, but McClory couldn't do a thing because, arguably, it "wasn't him". even though it most obviously was.

As for the writing itself, the date on the post would serve as evidence that you wrote it before any hopeful plagiarizers. And to be honest, unless you're the next Hemingway, the chances of someone stealing your work are mighty, mighty slim. And the odds of you--or anyone on this site, I might add--being the next Hemingway are even slimmer.

-I
Thanks. Hopefully I will be the next Hemingway. I am just over-reacting but can you blame me? I've been working on this book for 9 years making sure that all the plots and character developments fit together. This will be my 7th version of my first story and hopefully the last that will be published. I strive to become a great author, at the least, known by a good handful of people.

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
I've estimated that I'll finish my first published book within either 3 months, 1 1/2 years or 2 years depending on my situation and work conditions. Can a mod, or really anyone here, give me a link to copyright specifications? For instance, can I get my book copyrighted before I publish it so I can post excerpts without fear of someone taking my ideas?
What EE said is right. Also, you'll want to look at this link.

Most relevant to your question is probably this: You're automatically protected by copyright from the moment you fix a work in tangible form, and no further action on your part is required." Also, the link explains in "To Register or Not" that your chances of work being stolen pre-publishing are nil (though it has happened, i.e. The Matrix) and of course post-publishing you can demolish anyone in court if they really do plagiarize you.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
So posting excerpts of my book before publishing is OK? I have my copyrights the second I post my story? Cool, thanks. I really needed to understand the full extent of copyrights.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
You have copyrights as soon as you write it. The moment you have created something original, it's copyrighted by you.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Yup. In the Kevin McClory example, he didn't even write anything down. He just created Blofeld and the S.P.E.C.T.R.E. organization, then Ian Fleming went off and wrote novels about them, and Harry Saltzman and Cubby Broccoli went ahead and made movies, none asking for McClory's permission. Yet he still had the copyright, because they were his creations.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I have an a** load of notes and crap that I have been taking over the years. I lost about 2/3 of them after Katrina but I still have a ton. The person that steals them wouldn't have enough time to copy all of my notes and other stuff that I don't even put on the internet anyway.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Uncle Kenny, I wouldn't worry about it. Almost no one gets their work stolen like that.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
He told me about copyrights in my thread yesterday so I at least know he is active. Maybe he just doesn't feel like posting that much and just wants to read the works right now. He'll get them done eventually.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I wish it was Friday because I really want to post the first chapter of my story and see how it stacks up to the contestants in this contest. If it isn't too much trouble, can the judges here read my chapter once I post it on Friday and grade it in the same way you graded these entries? I am trying to make sure that my book will be well-recieved.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Man, you're 15. I wouldn't count on it being publishable.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
Man, you're 15. I wouldn't count on it being publishable.
That was harsh and uncalled for. I've been developing my writing ability since I was six-years-old. Plus, judging my writing skill level from my age is like saying all Asians suck at driving or all black people are good at basketball.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Edit: I retract everything I said. I'm sorry if my comments insulted you, as they were not intended to. I wish you luck on your writing career.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom