• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WWYP3 Scores and Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

it's just duke. nothing to get worried about.
So you got up in the middle of PKM's story and didn't finish scoring it?

Nevermind, let's just get a 4th one going.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I've already written half of the Mini WWYP-- We'd better still be doing that.

I actually wouldn't mind writing my WWYP4 at the same time though-- as long as the due date is extended a bit longer than your average WWYP.

Congrats to Bluezaft and Pokemonmaster01.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
So you got up in the middle of PKM's story and didn't finish scoring it?

Nevermind, let's just get a 4th one going.
No. I finished the story, and it was great. I just didn't finish it the first time. I read it all the way through afterwards.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Congrats to Blue and Poke! Good reads.

Ah, the lure of becoming a smash writer looms even closer! Thanks for posting the scores Scav, as obviated as they might have been.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
WWYP4 will be the first true WWYP I'll be joining. I guess I should go and read bluezaft's and pokemonmaster's works to see what I am up against.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Congrats to Blue and Poke! Good reads.

Ah, the lure of becoming a smash writer looms even closer! Thanks for posting the scores Scav, as obviated as they might have been.
Actually, my scores had an interesting (but small) effect. Notice I rated De Le Chozo lower than both Matt and EE ( believe I had her fifth). But, because I rated Noripterus lower than her, the result was the same. I had Virgilijus higher than both Matt and EE, which bumped him up a few points. I ranked Vyse substantially higher than the others did, etc etc.

I also noticed that my scores tend to be higher on the low end and lower on the high end. My range is noticeably smaller, which has some repercussions as well. I actually thought DLC had lost third place because of my putting Virgilijus and Ami 3-4 points higher, but it turns out the only one that mattered was her score compared to Noripterus.

Funny how Math works.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
I have a suggestion for the next WWYP. You should try out tragedy. It is a pretty emotional theme. The reader's heart will be pumping with every word of foreboding they read and if it is powerful enough, it will even bring a tear to their eye. This theme would be a nice challenge at seeing who here is truly good at describing deep emotion. Just give it a thought and see if you like it.

Matt

Banned via Administration
Also, your threads have been reopened. I'll go about bumping them tomorrow with your comments :)
Don't you DARE. That would just make more work for me. Actually...

Because of reasons that I don't need to belabor: I'm leaving it to you to edit in your comments to the first couple of posts and to do the rest of the math. I trust that you'll find the time. At most, it will take you three hours, wine trips aside.

How many of you would like to move on with WWYP4 and have the Mini-WWYP running at the same time? I'll consider it.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
sounds fair.

And there's no need to start WWYP4 before the deadline of the Mini. If people start chomping, then we can announce the next prompt before the mini judging is finished.

Edit: And perhaps I should mention, I didn't mean I would ONLY put comments in their posts. I just meant I would copy the comments from the main thread and use it to bump. But if it's the bumping you're against, then I'll hold off.

Matt

Banned via Administration
Oh, okay, I thought you meant you'd only scatter your comments in those topics.

But considering we have new topics now, I think there's even less of a need to bump the old ones.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
WWYP prompts are almost universally going to be chosen either by judges or the winner of the last one, Uncle Kenny. Plus, Tragedy is far too broad a theme.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
God that was close.

Anyways, can our theme for the next one be Dialogue? I like stories that include that.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Most stories have dialogue. o_o" But then, me being ******** at times, just realized that was a joke. Funny.

Anyway, I was thinking the next theme should include a mystery of some sort. It'll push the standards of creative writing. Plus, they're at least thirty times more fun to read-- since you can't not know how it ends.

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
You guys act like me saying tragedy as a theme was stupid. Honestly, it is an easy mistake. Not all stories have tragedy and you know it. However, almost every story has dialogue. Fine, I won't try to make suggestions then...

By the way, this is not intended as an insult. I honestly thought tradgedy was a theme, or so my English teacher said so anyway....

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
True, that is a pretty easy mistake. I was just poking fun at it. Not meant to be an insult.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
It's a theme, but it's so... general.

Stories are usually Tragic, or Happy-- then they fall into sub catergories. e.g. Scary, or Inspiring.

So basically, you're asking for a prompt that could be almost anything.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
why is it that ever since my name turned orange I haven't been able to use the private message system?

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, I'd like to see Scavenger328's comments, if at all possible.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
You guys need to stop complaining. De Le Chozo is still waiting for Scav's comments for her WWYP1 story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom