• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTF Teams

Hissatsu2k9

Smash Cadet
Me and my friend just recently participaited in a team tourny we have been in 1 before and have done plenty of matches. We tried all kinds of character combo's (Characters we are good with Fox, falcon, gannon, marth) but recently for some reason we got owned.....bad, we faced one team and got 4 stocked when we easily 2 and 3 stocked them in singles they didnt have any special teamwork I just dont know what was up

Has anyone else had this problem or is there just something we are missing

The_NZA

Smash Lord
Maybe they were doing special team stuff and you just didn't realize it. "Special team stuff" can be as subtle as one cahracter being used to disperse damage, and then him running to let his partner (the killer) take out the high damaged people

or it can be as obvious as a Ness absorbing his fox partners lazers.

If your only looking out for the latter situation you might be missing the smaller stuff your opponents are doing.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Was there a noob peach that did nothing but roll and down smash? Those things destroy in teams.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Or a noob Jigglypuff that can rest everytime anyone else grabs? Those things destroy in teams too.

Or did you play vs. me? :p (Noticed your location is CT, and was wondering if this tournament you speak of was vesticle)

Red Exodus

Smash Master
You probably lacked communication and coordination, without those teamwork falls apart.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Or a noob Jigglypuff that can rest everytime anyone else grabs? Those things destroy in teams too.
And just what is so nooby about that? If somebody is holding another saying "HERE, REST THIS GUY WHILE I PUNCH HIM SILLY!" (99% of the time your own partner doing the holding) then why not take the free stock?

Jigglypuff ditto team zomg! :O

Fiiii

Smash Apprentice
Although sometimes it doesn't matter. You won't win every single match. If they are as bad as you say, you probably just had an unlucky game.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
They just have a better understanding of teams then you and your friend do. Openings that seem obvious and are punished in singles are probably blocked or guarded by their partner.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
And just what is so nooby about that? If somebody is holding another saying "HERE, REST THIS GUY WHILE I PUNCH HIM SILLY!" (99% of the time your own partner doing the holding) then why not take the free stock?

Jigglypuff ditto team zomg! :O
I've played against people who were crap at the game otherwise, but know how to rest a target that's not moving. Like, I'd be able to 4 stock their Jigglypuff in singles, but they make a good teammate for someone who knows what they are doing.

Top Bottom