• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wtf @ NFL

Ruse

Fox
North Florida takes up a huge portion of Florida, but, for one reason or another, is fairly inactive, and, besides from Pensacola tourneys (run by myself) and Tally tourneys (run by Somacruz aka Esper), never has tournaments scheduled. Other than GMoney, we have no one on the Florida Power Rankings. Hell, we don't even have anyone on the honorable mention list. From what I've seen from Tallahassee, they have decent players with a lot of potential. I don't really know about other towns in NFL, since I've never been to any other tournaments other than the ones I run at the Tally tourneys (because.. they don't exist).

I feel like we need to organize. We need to communicate more efficiently, help out each other with match-ups, and discuss what can be done to make NFL more respectable and skilled. If anyone in NFL has any differences or beef, they need to put aside these petty issues so that we can advance and possibly start trying to push more of our region onto the PR. We need to hold larger scale tournaments.

If you're a NFL tournament organizer, try to organize a tournament. If you're a player in a weaker region that doesn't ever hold tourneys, become a TO. I'm tired of not being able to learn more and get better because I live so far away from Gigs and the top players. We need to start hosting tournaments that are equal to Gigs. We need to become the top players.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Whenever we(me, ruse holychef) go to local game store tournies, we always try to recruit more people and tell them about smashboards..at his last tournies we had 3 people show up it was cool...I believe Bi4C will be a great turnout... NFL FTW..

FloridaMeister

Smash Apprentice
well as far as our region goes, we're just too damm far from the rest of the state. Nobody would be willing to drive 7 (CFL) or 9 (SFL) hours to get here and in turn, we miss out on Gigabits. It's sad when the closest tournaments for us are OOS ones. We're practically AL anyway.

It was the same for Melee. Rice would **** face at OOS tourneys, but it was really hard trying to place him in the Power Rankings since he barely fought anyone in FL and therefore had no comparison.

Jacksonville has never had much of a smash scene. I tried getting one going with Pritch while I was living there, but there's just hardly anybody that plays. Unfortunately P-cola is beginning to become the same way.

Tally is the best chance of growing the NFL scene. It's the exact half way point between P-Cola & Jacksonville and isn't quite so out of the way that other regions don't go to tourneys there. Hell, the one during Hobo looked like it got pretty big. They've also got the most local smashers, so they don't have to rely on out of towners as much. All I can say is, keep up the good work guys.

For us, I think we need to focus on OOS. A few from Louisiana and Alabama are already coming, which is great. We could definitely pull in more though. There's those guys from Mobile who were supposedly going to do a tourney, but have disappeared. Then there's those Birmingham tourneys 4 hours north, maybe visit GA too. We start hitting up other regions, and they'll do the same for us. If you manage to hang on to your most recent venue too, there's tons of room.

I bet if we offered an OOS bonus, we'd get a ton of people since we're right on the border.

Ruse

Fox
Duluth, GA has weeklies, but I think that's a 5 1/2 drive.

Atlanta tourney coming up soon, but that's 5 hours, too.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
You should just go to Gigs (everyone else does) and don't john about distance because I've been to every major portion of the state multiple times (so have others)...

I think most of the "beef" stems from you anyways (no hate)...

Jax is gonna be hosting cheap biweeklies starting in the Fall...

I'm a beast...:027:

Laijin

Smash Hero
North Florida is not a part of florida in the smash community. They frequent OOS tournies more and almost never show up to actual FL tournies. I think for the past year i've been here, i've never seen another north FL smasher(Rice, Ram, Green Mario, etc etc).

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Tally travels. Green went to 2 georgia tournaments so far this year with some tally players, and I know they go to gigs sometimes, plus the actual tally tournament a month back.

I cant say much about the rest of NFL. if G'ville picked back up I think that'd help everyone out.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Tally travels. Green went to 2 georgia tournaments so far this year with some tally players, and I know they go to gigs sometimes, plus the actual tally tournament a month back.

I cant say much about the rest of NFL. if G'ville picked back up I think that'd help everyone out.
No.
They do not go to gigs sometimes. I've been to nearly every gigs since i've been down here and i've never seen any of them

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
North Florida is not a part of florida in the smash community. They frequent OOS tournies more and almost never show up to actual FL tournies. I think for the past year i've been here, i've never seen another north FL smasher(Rice, Ram, Green Mario, etc etc).
I think it's funny that they're at fault when they're the ones who are closer to other communities than the rest of FL. If NFL isnt part of FL (which is pretty arrogant to say, btw), then what we really should be saying is that CFL and SFL isnt part of the South.

That's a real jacked-up statement to throw at them when they're trying to build up.

Ruse

Fox
Yeah, PCola goes to Louisiana and Tally tournaments, and that's about it. (Gonna try to expand to GA... More OOS!)

You should just go to Gigs (everyone else does) and don't john about distance because I've been to every major portion of the state multiple times (so have others)...

I think most of the "beef" stems from you anyways (no hate)...

Jax is gonna be hosting cheap biweeklies starting in the Fall...

I'm a beast...:027:
GMoney, you live quite a bit closer to Gigs than we do (we'd go if it was only 2-3 hours away)... And even Tally (at least Brawl) can't make it to every Gigs.

I'd be interested in attending some JVille biweeklies.

Also, I've fixed most (if not all) of my beef :p. I'm done squabbling over Smash.

I think it's funny that they're at fault when they're the ones who are closer to other communities than the rest of FL. If NFL isnt part of FL (which is pretty arrogant to say, btw), then what we really should be saying is that CFL and SFL isnt part of the South.

That's a real jacked-up statement to throw at them when they're trying to build up.

True that. Thank you.

Laijin

Smash Hero

Hey. I actually would almost say CFL and SFL are not part of the south. Its only recently that smashers down here started frequently going to OOS tournaments. Before then it was kind of a rare occasion. Even still, only a small handful of them actually go anywhere.

But I'm not trying to bash anyone. I'm just saying on occasion it would be nice to see NFL come to a CFL tourney sometime or some more CFL and SFL smashers go to OOS tournies sometime.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
I def. understand that I live much closer to Gigs but my past trips to Miami and Naples (crazy drive) are very comparable to your future trips to Gigs (go to Gigs)...:027:

Ruse

Fox
I've been working on getting HolyChef and Mankosuki to go, but Holy is too good for Gigs (doesn't want to 3 stock everyone) and Manko has girlfriend Johns.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Hey. I actually would almost say CFL and SFL are not part of the south. Its only recently that smashers down here started frequently going to OOS tournaments. Before then it was kind of a rare occasion. Even still, only a small handful of them actually go anywhere.

But I'm not trying to bash anyone. I'm just saying on occasion it would be nice to see NFL come to a CFL tourney sometime or some more CFL and SFL smashers go to OOS tournies sometime.
if by recently you mean like 2 years, then yes.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
I don't like genies and let's save everything until after you guys impress...:027:

Ruse

Fox
it would be nice to see NFL come to a CFL tourney sometime
It would be nice to see CFL come to a NFL tourney (actually, I know a lot of the state attended the last Tally tourney, which was really good, but it should definitely happen more often).

Ruse

Fox
Why did they have to schedule their tourney on the same day as a Gigs? Not a bright idea :(. Could have actually had the possibility of drawing in more of Florida (I guess they still could, for Melee, but a lot of people play both games).

Top Bottom