• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTF?! Fthrow FTW!!

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Okay, even though I'm an IC main, I absolutely HATE IC dittos. So just for the hell of it, I was screwing around and playing Falco during that match. I SHFFLed a Dair into their shield, Shined to avoid the shield grab and immediately grabbed out of the shine, grabbing Popo. I then pummeled for a bit and then immediately Fthrow and the hitbox of Falco punching Popo hits nana and KNOCKS THE **** OUT OF HER, KOing her. O_O

Note, I can't remember the exact percentage but when I saw that happen, I LOLed so **** hard.

Just figured that you guys may appreciate that nugget of knowledge.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
nana can't DI
Is that what he was getting at? Because I'm an IC main and I get that.

Somehow, Nana got vert-KOed, not KOed off the side. She even did her death scream. is there some kind of sweetspot to Falco's FThrow hitbox? I tried it out again in training mode today and I managed to get that hitbox once out of about 5 minutes of trying it.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
Yeah alot of throws have wierd hitboxes like sheiks dthrow or fox's uthrow (saved me from a returning boomer on a few occassions, lol), and other throws where the character "punches" like cf fthrow or uthrow or w/e

ThreeX

Smash Lord
imma lil confused, what do you mean by this? when you did the grapple.. ( which is.. where falco grabs onto someone and punches them to the side, right?) the punch from the grapple hit somebody else aside from the person you grabbed? yea, i think i've seen this happen before when with FFA's or doubles :\ why not just try it out?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
Are these like low percent instant kills or are they just weird hitboxes with a vertical trajectory?

mathos

Smash Champion
The throwing animation doesn't have a weird hitbox, its likely that the thrown popo altered the trajectory of nana.

technomancer

Smash Champion
I wonder if it glitched because nana tried to catch up to popo or something while still in hitstun.

Top Bottom