• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WTF... DarkMeow has another vidzo for the kids!

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
These aren't that good, and I do stupid stuff (they were just friendlies). I'd post better ones, but it was not in my best interest at the time. So this is my casual Peach, I'd like crits and stuff.

Also, I'd like to provide the rule that I don't like playing extremely passive at all. Too much melee in my system for something like that.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qCZZyPAoTBw --- Peach vs DK (prolly one of the best DKs to)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=2KrzY2Ux-bM --- Peach vs DK (Definetly some mad mind games at the end...)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ri1zlESLqZ4 --- Peach vs Toon Linkey! (Fairly good Toon Link imo)

As far as I know, these vids aren't online, so no lag johns for me... (dammit all) Please advise some good tactic that would help me succeed!

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

MORE VIDEO?!?!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=26hgF9I108g -- (Epic, my Peach is sluggish, but still pretty decent match)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KnIP8T5AMQk -- (Epic m2 vs Samus melee round. Yeah, I suck with m2...)

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

CedricIzDead

Smash Journeyman
This is really good, even for friendlies!!! You have the CIDSA (meaning CedricIzDead Seal of Approval) to play and main Peach! :laugh:

Idk if it's just me, but the first video has frozen screens - no action, but you can hear the fight in the back ground, but the other 2 work fine.

mybe not the TL one - it makes you lose...j/k :chuckle:

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Hahaha!! *combo video'd!* i hope u dont mind me using one of the clips in my vid cause i did spy a good combo or 2 (or chain of moves w/e)

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
I'm actually making my own combo video hopefully, but I am posting vids with the non cool stuff I do (yes kids, I've done way better). XD

But thank you guys, I was hoping to hear some good comments ^.^ (*Now officially mains Peach*)

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
*clap clap clap* Yay! we converted sum1 to become a peach mainer!!!!! lol welcome to the world of peach :p

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Very nice! If I may make some suggestions- I felt on the DK videos you didn't combo enough at low %. For example, against Donkey Kong you can usually Dair at 0% two or three times and then uair and up-B for a nice 50%-60% initial damage. Or at lower percent Dthrow to utilt works well.

You handle peach well in the upper percentages, but at the lower to could use combos to a lot greater effect. Use dair a lot :) It's particularly effective against heavies- much less so against, say, Toon Link or Meta.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Actually, footstool to float cancelled dair is quite effective on Toon Link ^.^

And I actually do combo ExTRemELY well in most matches at low percentages, but as I before said I can't post those matches, they are for a combo video ^.^ Interesting that you post one of my favorite combos though ^.^ I like the Niko combo (was using it before he posted it, but still amazing ^.^). Dair > Dair > Nair > Ftilt > Utitlt > DI followed Fair/Nair is one of my favorite combos at 0% - 30%. Unfortunetly no one uses Peaches aggressiveness anymore... T_T

Dthrow can chain on DK to 30 percent btw, then utilt ftw! Thanx for the comments Praxis ^.^

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I wont comment on DK since I dont have a solid way to play him. Still cant beat good DK's Yet.

With Toon Link. It seemed like you just rushed him blindly. You were a lil agressive there.

If he is shooting arrows at you, Dont go charging in there. Or try to pick up a turnip. Take it slow till you can get inside or he comes to you.

Your Peach is good but agressive for the wrong reasons. Get some more grabs in there and less dash attacking. Or mix it up with box but moslty grab more.

You have to learn how to play defensive. Even if Peach can **** being offensive, That can also get you ***** if you screw it up.

Also space yourself alot more. It makes it harder for people to touch you even if you attack thier shield.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Your Peach is good but agressive for the wrong reasons. Get some more grabs in there and less dash attacking. Or mix it up with box but moslty grab more.

You have to learn how to play defensive. Even if Peach can **** being offensive, That can also get you ***** if you screw it up.
I need to work on this. I tend to be a more aggressive Peach, but not stupidly so, I develop counter-strategies and approaches for each character. However, I can't fight a local player named Deva- he's the world's best Link player. I even do better against MetaKnights, because Deva plays HEAVILY utilizing projectiles that knock me out of my float and I can't find a good approach.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I need to work on this. I tend to be a more aggressive Peach, but not stupidly so, I develop counter-strategies and approaches for each character. However, I can't fight a local player named Deva- he's the world's best Link player. I even do better against MetaKnights, because Deva plays HEAVILY utilizing projectiles that knock me out of my float and I can't find a good approach.
I know who he is. With a player OR character like that, you cant be aggresive all the time. Or much at all.

with my Peach, I taught myself how to be both defensive and offensive. If i see a player that loves to be all over me and attack ( wether he is smart about it or not ) I play defensive and take it slow. I can annoy even campers like that.

If i see someone playing defensive, I have to choice wether to go offensive of defensive depending on how the person plays and character used.
I do something I called "Muti-styling". Its where I rotate be agressive and defensive depending on the matter at hand. Or I'll just use one style for the fight I am in.

Remember, Peach is mostly defensive. So do things wisely.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Yeah Drk. Peach, I'm sure you can already see me losing to Snake XD Don't worry, I've been working on my defensive game. I stole alot of stuff from you in the few matches we played.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
I know who he is. With a player OR character like that, you cant be aggresive all the time. Or much at all.

with my Peach, I taught myself how to be both defensive and offensive. If i see a player that loves to be all over me and attack ( wether he is smart about it or not ) I play defensive and take it slow. I can annoy even campers like that.

If i see someone playing defensive, I have to choice wether to go offensive of defensive depending on how the person plays and character used.
I do something I called "Muti-styling". Its where I rotate be agressive and defensive depending on the matter at hand. Or I'll just use one style for the fight I am in.

Remember, Peach is mostly defensive. So do things wisely.
I'm still having a hard time with this. I got pit-spammed to death in a tourney on saturday and had no idea what to do. I couldn't find a decent approach without getting knocked out of my hover by an arrow, and I couldn't find any way to camp because he'd arrow me to death.

How do you camp or play very defensively with Peach? I often mindgame and use the float to back up then move forward while dairing and stuff like that, but I usually try to prevent my opponent from having much breathing room by poking them with Fairs, scaring them with Dairs (they learn to fear it FAST) and approaching with glide toss.

After the tournament was over and most people had left I had about an hour straight to practice with Deva and I actually developed an entirely new style of play aorund fighting him that worked very well. Surprisingly, I had to be EXTREMELY aggressive, moreso than usual. The problem with Deva is that at long range I'm mostly safe, but there's a mid-range umbrella where i'm in range of his arrows, bombs, and boomerang- he'll toss the bomb, short-hop cancel and fire off two arrows and then throw his boomerang up at an angle to knock me out of any float. I can't get close.

The strategy that seemed to work best was to bust my way through that mid-range wall of arrows, get in close and beat him him. Short hop to Dair and combo, drop to Utilt, roll and jab a lot, but stay close. While it generally results in me taking more damage than him, I can get him to high % fairly quick and knock him off the side- and Link is EXTREMELY easy to edgehog, so once he's off the stage I turnip spam him to make things difficult and edgehog. I was usually edgehog-killing him twice per match. Got him to the last stock with high % every time but never actually managed to kill him :( But hey, he's the best in the world so I feel good. :)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This is how I learned how to play Defensive. When play someone, take the match steady and slow. Watch your opponent and how he tries to come at you. Dont attack too much. Try to evade attacks alot while you seek openings. Dont attack if there is no opening. Letb hem always throw the first punch. This will help you be more relaxed and stratigic. And you can bait people to attack and free hit/grab for you. Turnip camp if you want till they get close. Then fight them off. Remember, For one to kill you with a finishing blow, they have to come to you. This small advice can go a long way.

Now as for yourbPit problem. Float over his arrows. If you know he will angle them, drop from your float and run or walk to him to get close. Now when you get close to him, Dont attack. Let him react first. Cause when you get close enough, Pit wont arrow you in fear of being open for an attack. He may roll or dodge. Learn his habbit and use my defensive tip I just gave you. Once you get the hang of it, you will see that Pit is not much trouble than you think.

Dark Meow - I'll Check the vids Later and comment on them.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
This is how I learned how to play Defensive. When play someone, take the match steady and slow. Watch your opponent and how he tries to come at you. Dont attack too much. Try to evade attacks alot while you seek openings. Dont attack if there is no opening. Letb hem always throw the first punch. This will help you be more relaxed and stratigic. And you can bait people to attack and free hit/grab for you. Turnip camp if you want till they get close. Then fight them off. Remember, For one to kill you with a finishing blow, they have to come to you. This small advice can go a long way.
I'm always so tempted to go for the first hit because of my dair combos at 0% :( I'll definitely try this out.

I think my aggressive habit comes from the fact that outside of tournaments once or twice a month, the only smash player that is any good that lives within a half hour of me is my rival, a Lucario player, and we know and can predict each other's moves so well that there's no reason to bait and learn patterns. Plus, aggressiveness works well on lucario since he's so easy to edgehog as his up-B does no damage.

I'll try being more defensive. Sadly I probably won't be able to try this against anyone against my Lucario buddy for at least two-to-three weeks. :(

Now as for yourbPit problem. Float over his arrows. If you know he will angle them, drop from your float and run or walk to him to get close. Now when you get close to him, Dont attack. Let him react first. Cause when you get close enough, Pit wont arrow you in fear of being open for an attack. He may roll or dodge. Learn his habbit and use my defensive tip I just gave you. Once you get the hang of it, you will see that Pit is not much trouble than you think.
Brilliant. And yes, he angled every one.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You can play defensive against your friend. Practice your Defensive game on him. I played a Peach player named Mikey 11411. Dude is hella aggresive. So what I would do is always let him throw the first punch. And let him come to me. Makes it alot easier and More safe to deal with him. I just watched him and how he love too attack. I would do my walk away mindgame and he be swinging at the air.

Seems Lots of Peach players these days are aggresive. And IMO They need to chill out. Cause if you dont have a defense game and one can handle you being agressive, your in deep trouble. Note Peach is a defensive Character. So you gotta learn how to play like that.

If you want I'll spare with you online one day and teach you how I play defensive in my own way.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Sounds good. And yeah, I'm not extremely aggressive but I tend to veer more on the aggressive side when playing Peach. I tend to do a lot of probing as well though.

I'll add your FC and AIM.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm on my wii. I have nonnet in my house till wensday. So we will talk on aim on Wesnsday and get this started.

exidid

Smash Journeyman
I have never tried to be truly defensive. I'm offensive most of the time.

I'll try out what you said D.P I'm sure it'll be helpful.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Of course being defensive is a trademark of most Peach players. It requires a combination of the two to make the perfect hybrid.

And to truly have mind games, use them effectively, and apply it to your style, you must understand your opponents character. You won't beat a snake using mindgames meant for DDD. Just doesn't work. So I'd definetly reccomend getting some experience against different people.

Top Bottom