• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

wow, level 4 target smash with all characters is hell

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
I had no problem completing target smash 4 with Pit, but the biggest hell of all is trying to complete this with ALL characters. Heck, some of the characters have the worst recovery moves in the game (i tried this level target smash with Ike, and I have to tell ya, his up B and side B is the worst recovery ever because it's short ranged and his second jump isn't really high). But I have really hard playing this target smash because it is really, really a hellhole. If anyone want to get a video from me, I'll give you my friend code and give me yours so I can send you the video so can help me out and see what I did wrong (I don't have the equipment that can record my actions in the Wii and transfer to the computer to host on Youtube). The one in the bottom isn't a problem, I use a dash attack to get it. The biggest problem is the one at the southeast corner where it is encaved between two wall and one platform at the top. Even Ike doesn't jump high enough to hit this target.

If anyone try target smash level 4, trust me, it's a complete hell, particularly for Ike.

And yes, I failed too many times on this.

triforce1313

Smash Rookie
One suggestion I can make is after you get all the targets, but the far right one, return up by your starting position and go up on top of the large Ice cave-type area to your right, then drop down on to the area right above the far right target from here drop off and you should be able to jump back up and hit the target.

This will give you a longer time but will allow you to beat it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Level 4 is easier to clear for certain fighters compared to others. Of course, it requires good timing to get all the targets too.

Whatever you do, don't be wasting a Golden Hammer on this task, in fact don't use any Golden Hammers on the Target Smash tasks.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
i already wasted the hammer on the complete 100-multi man brawl with all characters and and the all-star mode on intense, so i see no purpose of using the hammer on the target smash tasks.

As for Lucario, I manage to destroy that southeastern target with his side B. However, if you are doing this with Ike. Hohoho. It's ****ing impossible. Because all his recovery moves sucks, and his up-b and second jump is short ranged. Therefore, since it's impossible to do it with Ike, it's impossible to complete the clear target smash level 4 with all characters challenge (and since Ike can't do target smash level 5 because he sucks, then it's impossible to do it with all characters on target smash level 5). And oh yea, he falls too fast.

In general, despite Ike's spikes, he sucks because of his worst recovery moves.

Can anyone show me their Brawl friend code so I can send the video to show how impossible target smash 4 is with Ike?

Wolf of Ice

Smash Apprentice
It's not impossible.... Try something different. And level 5, just Cracker Launcher everything if you can't do it.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
i knew what i was doing, the problem being that Ike's up-B sucks **** and he falls too fast. Also, all because of that, getting the bottom target and the southeastern target with him is impossible. PERIOD!!! And everytime I try and grab the target at the bottom, I always miss and I use his up-b and end up self destructing. Same for the southeastern one.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Level 4 is easier to clear for certain fighters compared to others. Of course, it requires good timing to get all the targets too.

Whatever you do, don't be wasting a Golden Hammer on this task, in fact don't use any Golden Hammers on the Target Smash tasks.

I agree with that.
Eventually you'll get awesome Replays from the service about someone completing Target Tests very quickly. That's how I managed to beat the challenges (I haven't checked Youtube for Target tests).

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
If you are having troubles with this one, i cant wait till you get to level 5 lol

What i did, is start from the right side, jump down, then do his up-b back to the ledge, but you have to be facing the left or his sword will not hit....

Sounds complicated, but its not, its really easy, trust me...

Redragon

lord_luigi

Smash Cadet
Try beating every Target Test in under the target time (15 sec, 19 sec, 20 sec, 32 sec, 30 sec) with every character. 2, 3, and 5 were cake, but now I'm stuck on getting sub-32 level 4 with...

Ike
Bowser
Olimar
Peach
Ganondorf
Ice Climbers
Lucario
Link

And that's it. I've gotten 28-29 seconds with everyone else (except Snake, who was 31.97)

everlasting yayuhzz

Smash Champion
i already wasted the hammer on the complete 100-multi man brawl with all characters and and the all-star mode on intense, so i see no purpose of using the hammer on the target smash tasks.

As for Lucario, I manage to destroy that southeastern target with his side B. However, if you are doing this with Ike. Hohoho. It's ****ing impossible. Because all his recovery moves sucks, and his up-b and second jump is short ranged. Therefore, since it's impossible to do it with Ike, it's impossible to complete the clear target smash level 4 with all characters challenge (and since Ike can't do target smash level 5 because he sucks, then it's impossible to do it with all characters on target smash level 5). And oh yea, he falls too fast.

In general, despite Ike's spikes, he sucks because of his worst recovery moves.

Can anyone show me their Brawl friend code so I can send the video to show how impossible target smash 4 is with Ike?
Ever think that maybe you're just bad at it? They wouldn't put something impossible in the game.

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
I've beaten all target smash related tasks (STILL hate target smash though :embarrass), and I gottta agree, I hated level 4 the most too.

(But for beating it in under 32, that's Toon Link all the way man, Pikachu for level 5)

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
For Ike, 3 targets I have a problem with.

The one in the crevace (bottom right) get this LAST.
The one that floats around the bottom right one: it floats up to MANY easily grabbable positions, including your spawn point. Just head right and wait for it to pop up through the platform. Easy.
The one in the pit (very bottom) you can grab the LEFT side of the pit, but NOT the right. Use an aerial, and then upB out. if you're good, you can time those Ike aerials so you can upB fast enough to get out of the pit without having to grab the ledge.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Jigglypuff is the easiest for this one..

It's doable with every character, even Ike and Olimar. Get the one in the bottom right last. Time your jumps and hit it with the up-b.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
For Ike, 3 targets I have a problem with.

The one in the crevace (bottom right) get this LAST.
The one that floats around the bottom right one: it floats up to MANY easily grabbable positions, including your spawn point. Just head right and wait for it to pop up through the platform. Easy.
The one in the pit (very bottom) you can grab the LEFT side of the pit, but NOT the right. Use an aerial, and then upB out. if you're good, you can time those Ike aerials so you can upB fast enough to get out of the pit without having to grab the ledge.
I know I have to save the cervace one for the last, it's quite obvious (heck for Ness and Lucas, I just jump down use PK Thunder). But I have the hardest time getting the one at the bottom, I tried coming in from the left, but I often miss it and I try double jumping and then use his up-b, but it doesn't go high enough. Same problem with coming in from the right side, I hit it (forward aerial), but he falls TOO fast and still have the same problem with the up-b, the sword doesn't go high enough and he SD. If i can get the SD card, I'll save it, send it to the computer, and host on YouTube to prove it's impossibility with Ike and prove that videos you saw in Youtube of people doing them are just bunch of hacks (or use the Japanese version).

The biggest problem is not his up-b (and yes, his up-b sucks) but how fast he falls, he falls TOO fast.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I had no problem completing target smash 4 with Pit, but the biggest hell of all is trying to complete this with ALL characters. Heck, some of the characters have the worst recovery moves in the game (i tried this level target smash with Ike, and I have to tell ya, his up B and side B is the worst recovery ever because it's short ranged and his second jump isn't really high). But I have really hard playing this target smash because it is really, really a hellhole. If anyone want to get a video from me, I'll give you my friend code and give me yours so I can send you the video so can help me out and see what I did wrong (I don't have the equipment that can record my actions in the Wii and transfer to the computer to host on Youtube). The one in the bottom isn't a problem, I use a dash attack to get it. The biggest problem is the one at the southeast corner where it is encaved between two wall and one platform at the top. Even Ike doesn't jump high enough to hit this target.

If anyone try target smash level 4, trust me, it's a complete hell, particularly for Ike.

And yes, I failed too many times on this.
Yeah, it was a pain. Almost more so than Level 5. The one I found the most annoying was the one at the bottom above the abyss and below a wall. The characters with bad recovery moves had a tough time doing that because they hit the target and then fail to recover.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
i manage to complete target smash level 4 with Ike. Took me about 150+ tries. Wow, it's a big pain in the butt.

now im doing target smash level 5 with Ike, and still a complete hell for him (well, actually Ike IS in hell for target smash level 5 because it takes place in hell).

Dark Crimson

Smash Apprentice
The daily video the other day was an Ivysaur completing it in like 8 seconds. He went to the right after getting the upper right target, and then uair'd down the gap facing the left, bairing the targets behind the ice, nair'd the two next ones to the left (one moves) ran up, razor leafed the upper one, baired the next moving one behind the ice, razor leafed the above stationary one, spun around, and vine whipped the final one.

swim2007

Smash Apprentice
I hate the clear with all charcters challenges. I dont find any of them difficult but it is SO boring. Level 4 is probably the hardest just for that one target that is trapped on the bottom right between the ice.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Get the cracker launcher.
Yeah, level 5 is actually made pretty easy by the items. I usually hit the target right above me first. Then, if my character has a good enough horizontal recovery, I go to the left and get both of the targets there. Then I go get the one basically straight above me at this point, go up the moving platforms and hit the target by the cracker launcher and grab it. I shoot the one above me, jump down and go right, shoot the one way above me, attack the target to the right of me through the wall, grab the beam sword, and throw it across, hitting both of the remaining targets.

If my character doesn't have a good horizontal recovery, at this point I return to where I started and hit the last two (so that if I can't recover after hitting the second target, it doesn't matter).

3transfat

Smash Journeyman
Well, the edge to the left of the bottom middle target is grab-able.
That's how I completed it. Doing it from the other side.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well, the edge to the left of the bottom middle target is grab-able.
That's how I completed it. Doing it from the other side.
It is?

...dangit. :laugh:

Zeik188

Smash Cadet
You can grab the left platform when you go for that target in the middle of that gap. Start from the right, jump at it, and then up-B into the ledge and pull yourself up.

Top Bottom