• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wow...i'll admit it...

Iwan

Smash Ace
Link is NOT a bad character in brawl. In fact i'm starting to get rather impressed with him.

Initially, i hated link. As a melee link mainer, i was dissapointed. I felt he got nerfed like crazy. however, he's grown (and continues growing) on me. He seems overall stronger, with his attacks doing more damage. His bombs are stronger, and seem to have a larger hit box with the explosion. His arrows have a different arch than toon link's...and for some reason, whether it be a random mental thing or something to do with my spacing game...i like them better. His boomerang brings the opposing player towards you when they block it, and although at first i hated this, i've learned that it's a great way to set up a smash or grab after the boomerang pulls them towards you. His up air KO's at crazy early percents (for brawl that is), his back air is useful for starting small combos, and im slowly falling in love with his forward air. His up smash is awesome. His tether recovery is still sick (for mindgames, not so much recovery), and his up B is still useful sometimes out of his shield.

The only things im starting to not like is that 1: bomb jumping is near impossible now, because as soon as you even tap down b to pull out a bomb...you free fall to your death. And 2: the second slash on his forward smash now rarely connects because of the increased knockback in brawl.

Even still, this is coming from a Marth mainer. And as a marth user, im starting to notice that about 90 percent of the community is either maining or alting with marth. That bugs me, because at the first brawl tournament i go to, i don't want the first match to be "marth vs marth", and the second round to be "marth vs marth". You get the picture. Because of this, and my suddenly strong like of link's play style...i am officially becoming a Link mainer.

All of you guys who tried to prove the point that Link was a good character...you were right.

i was wrong.
Thanks for proving me wrong :)

D

Deleted member

ill always main link cuz he's pro

but i got really impressed with him when i used the gale boomerang to push ness away from his pk thunder, funniest moment ever lol

Iwan

Smash Ace
ill always main link cuz he's pro

but i got really impressed with him when i used the gale boomerang to push ness away from his pk thunder, funniest moment ever lol
hahaha, wow that's awesome. I'm definitely still experimenting with that boomerang...you can do a lot of things with it as far as spacing and closing gaps between you and your opposing player. Hell, if you set up your opponent right you can actually put a lot of distance BETWEEN you and the opposing player.

Iwan

Smash Ace
i find everyone to be underestimating link's potential, he is awesome.
Yea...i'd like to know who these people are that said Link's sex kick doesn't have any priority anymore.

lies.
******* lies.

lol

D

Deleted member

Yea...i'd like to know who these people are that said Link's sex kick doesn't have any priority anymore.

lies.
******* lies.

lol
his nair is TERRIBLE holy **** nerf, i only use it for edge guarding now because it has very little lag

Iwan

Smash Ace
his nair is TERRIBLE holy **** nerf, i only use it for edge guarding now because it has very little lag
Same...you can use it a few times before having to recover so it's pretty useful for edge guarding. And i never said it wasn't nerfed lol...it got nerfed to hell, mostly because Link's whole body isn't the attack anymore, but his ******* ankle. : /. But it does still have high priority.

Agreed on it being nerfed though :(

Aurashade

Smash Ace
THE HALL OF FAME WHERE THE COOL PEOPLE GO
Same...you can use it a few times before having to recover so it's pretty useful for edge guarding. And i never said it wasn't nerfed lol...it got nerfed to hell, mostly because Link's whole body isn't the attack anymore, but his ******* ankle. : /. But it does still have high priority.

Agreed on it being nerfed though :(
If you didn't notice, edge-guarding lost a lot in the way of being useful, unless they fly up from under the stage, then just smack the living **** out of them and show them who's boss.

Top Bottom