• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WOW. Dthrow spikes!!!

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I was playing a ranked match with Paxz today(Wario) and on smashville I grabbed him on the very right side of the platform with me on the edge of it. The platform was over the left portion of the stage.

Anyways, I dthrew and he flys straight down to his death!!! It was amazing. Also, I saved the replay and will try to get it uploaded.

Ms. Pac-Master

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, you can totally cheese people by dthrow spiking them through the clouds on Skyworld IIRC.

And yeah, I was able to spike it once as well, it reminds me of Fox's old dthrow trick, but a lot less reliable.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
It seems lots of characters can do this. Ness's dthrow was documented to also work like this. You can tech, though.
GAW.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
It's official. Mr. Game and Watch is the new F0x! Look out everyone, one day it's gonna be FD, 3 stock, Game and Watch only!

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
yeah I've done this before quite a few times, I think they can just DI into the stage and not get spiked

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
It's official. Mr. Game and Watch is the new F0x! Look out everyone, one day it's gonna be FD, 3 stock, Game and Watch only!

yeah GW is the new fox maybe, but soon people are gonna find the new falco and marth and sheik and i dont think GW will be as good as he is initially thought to be. Mine will always be the best though! :) at least thats the plan

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah, didn't you and Cosmo like say something in that context during one of your matches? XD

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
The only way they will spike though is if they DI toward the edge of the stage. Good players rarely ever do that.

Top Bottom