• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you rather have Captain Falcon as a already playable character or a unlockable?

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
personally I think you will start out with 0 characters and have to unlock them 1 by one by progressing through adventure mode (or some special exceptions)

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I think that he should be a starter because Sakurai said that he wasn't going to release info on unlockable characers, and the Captain Falcon update is probably going to be tonight in 2.5 hours.

Space_Pirate_Fox_McCloud

Smash Apprentice
I'd rather him be a starter, I think as a veteran fighter and a recognizable character, he deserves to be available at the beginning.

Dr.Saturn

Smash Apprentice
start i dont want to have to unlock someone when i can as play them in the other games

GOTM

Smash Champion
yea it wouldnt really matter to me, as long as he was in it. i mean, it would be cool if he was a starter considering thats the way he was in both other games

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon= Chuck Norris. Therefore, we don't unlock Captain Falcon. Captain Falcon unlocks himself when he feels like it.

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
Just because he hasn't been revealed, I'm thinking he's unlockable. Remember, this game is starting to look more like SSB at times, and the nostalgia factor of unlocking the good Cap'n is epic.

Plus, it'd be cool that when you unlock him you hear "Falcon UNLOCKED" in his Falcon voice.

Kye L

Smash Apprentice
It'd be cool if he was unlockable again. >_> Just because...that Challenger Approaching screen is so smexy...combine that with Captain Falcon and...@_@

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
Falcon fans are sadder than Geno and Ridley fans combined (though I personally think all three will be in).

Whether he's a starter or not depends on whether Sonic is a starter (since both are speed characters). I can see Sonic as a starter due to... it's Sonic, you sell more to the people that don't know how to unlock and want him right away. (I don't care about what was said in the past about third-party unlockables - things can change). I'm not concerned either way, as he'll be there and I'll have both of them playable pretty quickly.

And Sakurai is just mindgaming you at this point, since it's so easy. He won't tell you until a few days before the Japanese release that Falcon is in. :p

Froilen

Smash Apprentice
yea it wouldnt really matter to me, as long as he was in it. i mean, it would be cool if he was a starter considering thats the way he was in both other games
did you realy play ssb 64 since the start? o just have amnesia?...

He was unlokeable for de very beginin of smash...

and, as Well as ness, I belibe he´s goin to be unlokeable again:):):)

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
Sonic sure as hell isn't going to be a starter. He'll probably be unlocked after some nostalgic event, like Mario vs. Sonic, or Mario PAIRED with Sonic in SSE.

Anyways, I kind of hope he'll be unlockable, as a nice throw back to SSB64. Ditto with the other three.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I think that Falcon, Ness and even Marth should be starters this time around.

But I'm starting to believe that Sakurai might be making any unlockable from both games unlockable again. It's hard to tell until we see a closer to final build of the game.

You just have to figure, there's a reason behind absolutely everything that Sakurai chooses to hide.

Vortok

Smash Journeyman
True, chances of Sonic being a starter are fairly low due to what Sakurai said in the past about 3rd party characters, but things can change.

And of course if there's another super-fast character, that would factor in as well. Dunno if Fox is fast enough now to fit the bill of "really fast starting character," especially with the Landmaster FS (aka, not fast!).

I'm confident the Cap'll be back, so I'm not worried either way.

Rex+

Smash Ace
Captain Falcon= Chuck Norris. Therefore, we don't unlock Captain Falcon. Captain Falcon unlocks himself when he feels like it.
Why hasn't this winning statement been quoted yet? Everyone in this thread is epic fail.
As long as Falcon is in, I wouldn't care either way. Unlocking him would be cool, though.

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
Why hasn't this winning statement been quoted yet? Everyone in this thread is epic fail.
As long as Falcon is in, I wouldn't care either way. Unlocking him would be cool, though.
Thank you, Rex. XD Good to know that someone here thinks that.
It's true though. Who cares, as long as Chuck...er, C Falc is in the game?

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
Both starter and unlockable. Starter because you can choose him when you first turn the wii on, and unlockable because you have to unlock your manliness if you want to be able to use him effectively.

I predict that next week's updates will be all about Captain Falcon. 1 update alone cannot contain such manliness and awesome.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Captain Falcon will be unlockable because his attacks will be Godly powered up!!! God Tier! he will be the last guy you unlock because he will be the final boss, leader of the evil SSE people.
Neutral B: Knee
Up B: Knee
Over B: Knee
Down B: Knee
Final Smash: Knee

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
one of my friends mains him and he is best as him and not all that great so for his sake and my practice sake i hope hes a starter

WAAASSSUUUPP

Smash Apprentice
He's going to be a starter. It's his knee and fist that are going to be unlockable. Yup, you're going to see floating fists and knees in game.

orintemple

Smash Lord
personally I think you will start out with 0 characters and have to unlock them 1 by one by progressing through adventure mode (or some special exceptions)
It would be hard to unlock anything this way considering you have no characters to play...

Anyway the only way to unlock Captain Falcon will be to Falcon Punch your Wii until it gives you him.

axi0n

Smash Apprentice
Unlockable along with the other original secret characters minus Ness, Lucas can replace him.

Top Bottom