• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you have it any other way? (Any alternate fighting system)

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
This thread is not related to SSB4!

Anyways...

If you were to change the battle system present in the Smash Bros. Games, what new battle system could you think up?

What I mean is... the current battle system is like this:

As you attack a foe, their damage meter(shown in percentage) rises
The higher their damage, the farther they fly when hit
If a character is sent off the boundaries of the stage( the blast line, typically just off the sreen) they are KOed and eithe rlose a llife or lose a point and the foe gets a point.
There are standard, strong, and smash attacks... etc.

So if you were to create a new fighting style/system to be in Smash, how would it work...?

This thread may be pointless completely and if it is, then by all means I'd love for a mod to close it, move it, whatever...

discuss, please

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why change Smash when you can just play another fighting game with the desired properties? Do you not play Smash because you enjoy it? Or do you play it merely for fanservice, for the opportunity to play as, say, Link or Pikachu?

edddddie

Smash Cadet
He's asking for suggestions as to how Nintendo could develop Smash differently, i.e. if Smash 64 had been a different sub-genre of fighting game what do you think it should have been?

Why do you feel the need to pseudo-flame everyone that ever posts a thread, Yuna?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
He's asking for suggestions as to how Nintendo could develop Smash differently, i.e. if Smash 64 had been a different sub-genre of fighting game what do you think it should have been?
Only he's not. He's asking what you would most rather see as a change in the current, already established system, as made obvious in the OP.

Why do you feel the need to pseudo-flame everyone that ever posts a thread, Yuna?
Apparently it's a pseudo-flame if it's at all critical?

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace

thanks!
that was what i was asking

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i like this idea. but smash esepcially melee was near perfect. coudlnt have it any other way ill edit this in a bit with suggestions and ideas of how it coulda bene different, yet maybe weird and not as fun or good as it is now

Shade Strike

Smash Rookie
The concept of the fighting system in SSB would be very difficult to image it different. But if there was a new battle system for SSB I would suggest (my own opinion) that the new battle system would have no damage meter, but with health system. Not liike ones with the green bar over your head but like the ones in Call of Duty 4 or GOW. Where the player who is losing a lot of health will have their screen flashing red. But their health won't recover it will stay the same.

It's kind of hard to think of a new battle system for SSB, and honestly I think my idea is pretty redundent. But I just wanted to give out a suggestion to mariofanpm12 for a concept thats all.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
The concept of the fighting system in SSB would be very difficult to image it different. But if there was a new battle system for SSB I would suggest (my own opinion) that the new battle system would have no damage meter, but with health system. Not liike ones with the green bar over your head but like the ones in Call of Duty 4 or GOW. Where the player who is losing a lot of health will have their screen flashing red. But their health won't recover it will stay the same.
But with a health system, what would the point of rising knockback due to rising percentages be? Or would we now be susceptible to death through getting smashed out of bonds and running out of HP?

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
The only way they could make Smash's core game different while keeping it the same is if they allowed you to fight on a 3D plane. You could do 2D with side stepping or you could do full 3D like in Tenkaichi.

System Failure 333

Smash Apprentice
Smash is the only game of its kind and I really don't know what I would do if they changed it... I can't have it any other way, it just has the key to success this way

Top Bottom