• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you guys mind if the game was delayed to add: intro, more music, more stages etc

mind if the game was delayed to add: intro, more music, more stages etc?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TryHardOliver

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0130-2283-2936
Personally I think no. It really would have to depend on how long the delay is and how much extra content they would give us.

cochiseSMASH

Smash Apprentice
Yes I would be pissed - Smash 4 was announced in June 2011, it has been over three years since then. I don't want to wait anymore and honestly DLC is common enough where that sort of stuff should just be released later if they have it.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
I would be ok with that, it's like the "its better to wait for 3 chocolate bars for 15 minutes instead of eating one now" situation, also I got used to delays since the Brawl delays back in 2007-2008. But the game being postponed is very unlikely, Sakurai looks very commited to release the game before 2015.

WrappedInBlack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PyroJayBlack
3DS FC
1736-3220-0909
We've already heard new music that isn't in the 3DS version... so we already know there is more new music on the Wii U version... Intro is probably also in Wii U version, and if not, it doesn't really matter... it's not affecting gameplay at all. And Again... Wii U one will have more stuff... u want more stuff get both versions. duh.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
If it was for an intro, music, or stages, hell no. If it was for Smash Run Online or characters that weren't joke or novelty characters, yes.

Pink!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KirbyCanvasCurse
3DS FC
3695-0038-5541
I wouldn't mind as long as it was for some sort of Adventure mode as well as Smash Run online.

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
Well I wouldn't say for those reasons, but if it were for characters I wouldn't mind at all. (Even though the roster is beefy already.) I would appreciate at least 2 more stages though.

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
Yeah they already delayed it from Summer 2014 to October 3rd and I can't wait any longer I need to play this game :p!

K-45

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure the wii u would have more music options anyway. besisde if u dont like the music just leave the sound effects on and use your own playlist.
and like what everyone else is saying DLC but i think there wont be any for music atleast.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
I wouldn't mind as long as the delay isn't too long.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Why delay the game at all if it's just for more stages and music? Now that patches and Spotpass downloads are possible, they wouldn't need to delay it to get bonus content out. Even new characters could get added in that way.

And why does it have to have an intro, anyway?

Last edited:

WrappedInBlack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PyroJayBlack
3DS FC
1736-3220-0909
I could wait a whole year, there is a ton of stuff on wii u to occupy nintendo fans with.
What about people who don't care for nintendo as a whole and just want Smash as soon as possible like me? I already stopped playing all games because the need for smash 4 made all those games boring to me... even Project M...

MagnesD3

Smash Master
What about people who don't care for nintendo as a whole and just want Smash as soon as possible like me? I already stopped playing all games because the need for smash 4 made all those games boring to me... even Project M...
Play street fighter? Destiny idk its better to wait for a good product then to receive a crappy rushed one like we have now.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Wouldn't mind at all, but seeing Mario Kart 8's DLC, I want Sakurai (or whoever has the final word on this) to stop being so stubborn and give us DLC.

Sure, as long as it's worth it. I don't want Nintendo to slowly go down the path of 'incomplete games, have fans pay for content that was supposed to be there in the first place'.

Tumbleweed Tuner

Smash Apprentice
As a player with only the Wii U, I think there will be enough maps and songs. There is a new Ridley song, and while not being as epic sounding as I would normally like to hear, it was pleasant. Pyrosphere looks better than the parasite queen map from Brawl. I don't want more delays the necessary at this stage.

WrappedInBlack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PyroJayBlack
3DS FC
1736-3220-0909
Play street fighter? Destiny idk its better to wait for a good product then to receive a crappy rushed one like we have now.
Smash is already perfect for a portable... Plus DLC and I just.said THAT ALL OTHER GAMES BECAME BORING TO ME AFTER SMASH HIT JAPAN BECAUSE IT'S ALL I WANT TO PLAY. but why delay it? Japan just.got a new mode via dlc... Pretty.sure they could make more.

WrappedInBlack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PyroJayBlack
3DS FC
1736-3220-0909
We need more characters.
we don't "NEED" em, you just want em... we got 49-51 characters compared to Brawl's 39... plus there's that whole Wii U Transfer theory which may be true to give the 3DS version a perfect box... and even if it's not true... IT'S 2014 DLC IS REAL! SWEAR MULTIPLE PEOPLE HAVE SAID IT IN THIS THREAD ALREADY! ENGLISH DO YOU SPEAK IT!?

WrappedInBlack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PyroJayBlack
3DS FC
1736-3220-0909
Wouldn't mind at all, but seeing Mario Kart 8's DLC, I want Sakurai (or whoever has the final word on this) to stop being so stubborn and give us DLC.

Sure, as long as it's worth it. I don't want Nintendo to slowly go down the path of 'incomplete games, have fans pay for content that was supposed to be there in the first place'.
the game just came out... and it obviously has dlc...

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
No need, the real version will have all that and more :)

Backgammon

Click clack.
NNID
BluePapaya
I've got a week booked off of work to do nothing but play Smash and pig out on junk food with a friend. If it's delayed again, that means I'll actually have to work from the 2nd to the 6th of October. No thanks.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
No, I would not mind if it where for characters and to polish up some of the presentation in now. There are plenty of games on the 3DS I haven't gotten through and even more on other consoles like Wii U, PS4, and XB1.

I understand not everyone gets ever console every generation like I do so might not be fair to them but there is still plenty on the 3DS alone...

johnthebonfire

Smash Rookie
It would be worth the wait. Personally dont care about an intro but it is unacceptable how some franchises only get 1 reused stage that looks graphically bad because it is so old. They didnt even bother to upgrade them. The star fox stage looks ulgy, so does the Metroid one. And they are the only ones available to these games. Then the Kirby stage. I loved that game, the stage brings back memories but Kirby is nowadays known for the vivid colorfull stages and all we got is a yellow greenish one. Then the music. They only made 2 for each stage yet in the music library there are more songs that could have been place in their respective stage

Raijinken

Smash Master
Music was already planned at two per stage for capacity issues or whatever, so not for that reason. I wouldn't have minded waiting for more characters and stuff. Been waitin' long enough, and as long as everyone else had to wait too, that'd be bearable.

The main reason the hype is TOO high right now is because all these people with Japanese 3DSes are sittin' around streaming while I'm stuck playing the same five characters over and over.

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
I would mind, I feel like the wait has been long enough already and anything like more stages or music can be added as DLC, which I would be fine with. Something like a new character, new modes, and the such then maybe a small delay would be alright.

MagnesD3

Smash Master
we don't "NEED" em, you just want em... we got 49-51 characters compared to Brawl's 39... plus there's that whole Wii U Transfer theory which may be true to give the 3DS version a perfect box... and even if it's not true... IT'S 2014 DLC IS REAL! SWEAR MULTIPLE PEOPLE HAVE SAID IT IN THIS THREAD ALREADY! ENGLISH DO YOU SPEAK IT!?
to be entirely fair a TON of people are wanting more. I think its selfish to want the game earlier to deny the possibility of someones favorite character making it due to something as simple as time.

WrappedInBlack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PyroJayBlack
3DS FC
1736-3220-0909
Conquest Mode was shown ever since E3 2014.
I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to well... the fact that Nintendo is trying to be smart right now... and that Shulk is on the bottom with the 3rd parties and Miis... all alone... The roster forms a perfect box multiple times when unlocking everyone... if the end result was to look so... weird... why not change the actual box sizes and arrangement to make a perfect box? would look much better that way.

WrappedInBlack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PyroJayBlack
3DS FC
1736-3220-0909
to be entirely fair a TON of people are wanting more. I think its selfish to want the game earlier to deny the possibility of someones favorite character making it due to something as simple as time.
they still "want" it. They don't need it... Stop thinking about yourselves. Some of my faves got cut, but you don't see me wanting characters removed for them (some people say that... it'd just make the roster smaller... I mean seriously, Have they ever made a game?) or me wanting the game delayed as if DLC isn't a thing. Pretty sure the fan is gone, correct me if I'm wrong. Anyway my friend was an Ice Climber main and her fave item was the fan... and she's not ragging at all... as she said and I quote "It's no big deal, they said they were having issues putting them in and the fan was probably removed for balance. I probably wasn't the only one who kept hitting people non-stop with it."
So be like her and get over it.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Post-release patches are half of why Nandai co-dev'd this. Much like the trend with PC games these days, it is more than possible and exceedingly reasonable for a major developer to release an already-fully functional and complete-feeling game, and add the last few doodads post-release. Unlike the Brawl era where this was not possible on Nintendo consoles, there's nothing forcing them to have all content on-disc immediately. Getting the game sooner should not (dunno Sakurai's mindset, so I won't say "doesn't") have any affect on someone's favorite space pterodactyl or Earth adept appearing at a later date.

WrappedInBlack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PyroJayBlack
3DS FC
1736-3220-0909
People need to learn patience, more development time for a game is usually a healthy thing for the game overall.
or you need to learn what DLC is because not everyone has time to wait. For example, someone could have an illness or something and just wanna play smash 4 before they die... BAM DELAYED, they die sad and depressed as hell. That person didn't even care for the things they added to it, but it affected them. Don't get me wrong, I'll buy any DLC for both versions of the game even if I don't intend to use it, It's Smash Bros, I don't have much of a choice... But the game is "complete" and you all just want your "needs" without paying extra. What if your needs are free? I mean think about it, will delaying the game relay make the things that you want in it better? Them being DLC will make no difference in them. Why wait for the whole game just to get an extra mode later when u can get the game now and get that mode as an add-on later? It'll still be the same mode.

PLUS this is the first time two smash games were being developed at once... Just get both. I am. If you can't afford it, that's your problem. Nintendo doesn't have to cater to you. Their overall goal as a company is to get money. It'd only make sense for them to try to sell the Wii U with the Wii U version's exclusives. Wouldn't you say?
PLUS this is the first time two smash games were being developed at once... Just get both. I am. If you can't afford it, that's your problem. Nintendo doesn't have to cater to you. Their overall goal as a company is to get money. It'd only make sense for them to try to sell the Wii U with the Wii U version's exclusives. Wouldn't you say?

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Smash Master
or you need to learn what DLC is because not everyone has time to wait. For example, someone could have an illness or something and just wanna play smash 4 before they die... BAM DELAYED, they die sad and depressed as hell. That person didn't even care for the things they added to it, but it affected them. Don't get me wrong, I'll buy any DLC for both versions of the game even if I don't intend to use it, It's Smash Bros, I don't have much of a choice... But the game is "complete" and you all just want your "needs" without paying extra. What if your needs are free? I mean think about it, will delaying the game relay make the things that you want in it better? Them being DLC will make no difference in them. Why wait for the whole game just to get an extra mode later when u can get the game now and get that mode as an add-on later? It'll still be the same mode.
lol there are alot more important things to worry about than smash if you were going to die lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom