• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

would you consider Lucario to be "the Pokemon version of Chuck Norris"

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Note: Please do not spam in this thread just because of the title nor create Chuck Norris facts or making Lucario facts similar to Chuck Norris. It's a discussion on the compare and contrast between Lucario and Chuck Norris. Otherwise, I'll have to ask a mod to close it.

Do you think Lucario may considered to be the "pokemon version of Chuck Norris?" I mean, they both are memes, relatively popular, specialize on martial arts (not to mention their fighting styles are similar, although Lucario is aura based and can kick Chuck's *** real quickly), and have kick-*** potentials. Also, Lucario is a fighting Pokemon (with secondary being steel) and Chuck Norris can fight and considered technically to be the "man of steel." So I think I justified my case that Lucario is relatively similar to Chuck Norris. Or as I often joke to my smash friends at school, Lucario= Chuck Norris.

Nodrak

Smash Ace
Pfft, if I compared characters to TV show characters, I'd play snake because he'd be closest to Macgyver. Besides, Lucario has no round-house kick.

hoopspr226

Smash Journeyman
"they are both memes"

what on earth are you talking about? do you even know what the word meme means?

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
It all makes perfect sense now...

Khosan

Smash Rookie
Fact: Chuck Norris is the human version of Lucario.

Had to do it. Sorry.

If Hitmonlee duked it out with Lucario at some point we could get some real answers. Something like this.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
NOoooooo...

Chuck Norris doesn't compare to Bruce Lee! For crying out loud! If you think Norris has got it, u have it wrong. Lee may be dead, but when he was alive, he could pwn Norris any day. But yes, Lucario is awesome in that sense, but he fits Lee, including that nice "come get me" stance from his DT.

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Fact: Chuck Norris is the human version of Lucario.

Had to do it. Sorry.

If Hitmonlee duked it out with Lucario at some point we could get some real answers. Something like this.
Ok, but make sure it's your last time lol.

"they are both memes"

what on earth are you talking about? do you even know what the word meme means?
meme means phenomena. In order for it to be meme, the thing must be extremely popular in the community and often joked about. Chuck Norris would considered to be a meme due to his well known roundhouse kick and his role in Texas Walker Ranger. Lucario is also a meme because he is the first non-legendary Pokemon to play a big role in a movie (also some people consider his Aura abilities to have some "kick-*** potentials").

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
Lucario can't be chuck Norris because he's already goku!!!! I would think snake sort of fits chuck norris' character since they both sort of look alike.....maybe?

Finshu

Smash Rookie
In a more serious thought about this thread, I think Lucario's definitely the most bad*** Pokemon out there, but not in a Chuck Norris kind of bad***, more in a Goku way.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
nah, hardly likely. Lucario is a calm and collected kind of fighter, someone who needs to analyze the situation before actually getting into it. Chuck Norris, on the other hand, doesn't need to think: he just does it XD
either way, Darkrai is more badass Finshu.

Finshu

Smash Rookie
nah, hardly likely. Lucario is a calm and collected kind of fighter, someone who needs to analyze the situation before actually getting into it. Chuck Norris, on the other hand, doesn't need to think: he just does it XD
either way, Darkrai is more badass Finshu.
Hm, yeah, good point about the calm, collected fighter. I tend to view Lucario sort of more like a somewhat samurai-esque archetype rather than your movie archetype ***kicker. Oh, and I never saw Darkrai up till now, but I still think Lucario's more awesome. :p

T-REX!

Smash Apprentice
Lucario kicks ***, but I think Darkrai is alot more badass. And he'd be more like Lee cus his soundeffects after every attack lol. :p

Taiki

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to take the time to point out that Blaziken is more like chuck norris than Lucario. I mean come on Blaze Kick is just Chuck Norris' nerfed roundhouse kick. Does Lucario even have a kick move to begin with?

Pentaoku

Smash Apprentice
I'd like to take the time to point out that Blaziken is more like chuck norris than Lucario. I mean come on Blaze Kick is just Chuck Norris' nerfed roundhouse kick. Does Lucario even have a kick move to begin with?
In Brawl, his jab combo ends with a kick. His forward air is a kick.

In Pokemon, Lucario can egg move Blaze Kick, Hi Jump Kick, and low kick.

Tallen

Smash Journeyman
In Brawl, his jab combo ends with a kick. His forward air is a kick.
it's not really a roundahouse kick. actually it resembles the jab-hook-straight kick attack pattern in kung-fu (the very first you learn, at least in choy-lay-fut).
Lucario's moves are more methodical, more calculated way. just loock at neutral air and charged forward smash. though I agree with the teory that he could be bruce lee =D

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
it's not really a roundahouse kick. actually it resembles the jab-hook-straight kick attack pattern in kung-fu (the very first you learn, at least in choy-lay-fut).
Lucario's moves are more methodical, more calculated way. just loock at neutral air and charged forward smash. though I agree with the teory that he could be bruce lee =D
Yay! Lee=Lucario=awesome! (Now if only we could give him a pair of Nunchuks)

SpazzerEXE

Smash Apprentice
Lucario can learn Blaze Kick.

Oh and Lucario+Nunchuks= Flaming Twirling Sticks of Justice

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Chuck Norris, on the other hand, doesn't need to think: he just does it XD
Primeape/Machop for SSB4.

Chuck Norris is the original Hitmonlee, moreso than Bruce Lee himself. The original Hitmonlee from Red & Blue was the best fighting Pokemon in the game, with an uberhigh attack power, insane defense, great special defense, uberspeed, and some of the BEST fighting moves ever. Lee is more like Hitmontop, with balanced offense and defense, with the ability to switch quickly.

...Sadly, though, they reduced Hitmonlee's abilities in Gold and Silver, although he was STILL the best Fighting type ever, but then they went overboard and made him unable to defeat a lv 8 Rattata in every game after.

...I say we just leave Chuck Norris as the original Hitmonlee, and say that our Lucario is the embodiment of Jackie Chan, always coming back from the grave, insane agility, does all his own stunts, and can make for some drop-dead funny fights with his abilities.

All he's missing is misnomers and an accent.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama

Chuck Norris is the original Hitmonlee, moreso than Bruce Lee himself. The original Hitmonlee from Red & Blue was the best fighting Pokemon in the game, with an uberhigh attack power, insane defense, great special defense, uberspeed, and some of the BEST fighting moves ever. Lee is more like Hitmontop, with balanced offense and defense, with the ability to switch quickly.

...Sadly, though, they reduced Hitmonlee's abilities in Gold and Silver, although he was STILL the best Fighting type ever, but then they went overboard and made him unable to defeat a lv 8 Rattata in every game after.

...I say we just leave Chuck Norris as the original Hitmonlee, and say that our Lucario is the embodiment of Jackie Chan, always coming back from the grave, insane agility, does all his own stunts, and can make for some drop-dead funny fights with his abilities.

lol about Jackie Chan.
That's all good, but who would Jet Li's embodiment be?

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
Blaziken= Not-Cooler-Than-Lucario

Does that mean Chow Yun Fat = Caterpie? :ohwell:
lol on Caterpie.

You are partially correct with Blaziken. It's more like:
Blaziken=the cool looking Lucario=Chuck Norris

and

Zero Suit Samus=Lara Croft

and also

Ling-Ling=Pikachu

and

Xandir=gay version of Link

and

earthquakes are caused by Captain falcon's Falcon Punch.

But anyways, the superiority power goes like this

Lucario>Blaziken>Chuck Norris>Bruce Lee>Pikachu

Khosan

Smash Rookie

Isn't Hitmonchan the pokemon version of Jackie Chan?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
lol on Caterpie.

You are partially correct with Blaziken. It's more like:
Blaziken=the cool looking Lucario=Chuck Norris

and

Zero Suit Samus=Lara Croft

and also

Ling-Ling=Pikachu

and

Xandir=gay version of Link

and

earthquakes are caused by Captain falcon's Falcon Punch.

But anyways, the superiority power goes like this

Lucario>Blaziken>Chuck Norris>Bruce Lee>Pikachu
Me agree on all except the "Chuck Norris>Bruce Lee".
P.S. What is Jet Li, as funny as that may seem?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Isn't Hitmonchan the pokemon version of Jackie Chan?
That's just what they WANT you to believe. Originally, he was. Then his spirit (or "aura") was passed on to Lucario once Hitmonchan was deemed to be too suckworthy for the Chan.

Khosan

Smash Rookie
My head hurts.

It's been at least 8 years since I played a Pokemon game. I can't believe I remember this stuff.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Was that before or after he was deemed suckworthy compared to Hitmonlee?
You see, he never was suckworthy compared to Hitmonlee. Originally, they perfectly balanced each other, as Hitmonlee was to Offense, Hitmonchan was to defense. Hitmonchan was a survivor, not a sweeper.

Top Bottom