• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would You Buy Cosmetic DLC?

Cocoa Brova

Smash Cadet
NNID
eydoc14
3DS FC
4012-5269-2281
I think it'd depend. I know when they were announcing that there would be costumes that were "new characters" such as Alph, the Koopalings, etc. I was excited. If there were options like that, or more costumes that weren't just color swaps, I would probably pay for it.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Probably not, unless they came with substantial content.

Marthmario

Smash Lord
Let me rephrase, would you buy cosmetic DLC that changed a character's costume, as in their outfit?

Okards

Smash Rookie
Only if they came with voiceovers and had a real cosmetic change, not just colors. Seasonal stuff would be a great seller, like Santa Ganon or Easter Bunny Yoshi.

Khao

Smash Lord
Only if it's part of a pack that comes with actual new content, like characters or stages.

By itself, it's just not worth my money, even if the costumes are actually good.

Last edited:

mistersl56

Smash Cadet
_________________________________________________________________________________

Last edited:

Arti

Smash Cadet
NNID
Arti31415
3DS FC
2621-3001-2960
Depends on the alt costumes in question. I'd probably get something that contained a Shulk alt that looks better than the Dunban color

Rueckkoppler

Smash Journeyman
One big flaw is definitely the absence of any "Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze"-music... I would buy such a pack in a heartbeat.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I would LOVE a DLC pack that adds 1 alt skin for each character. Maybe for Bowser Jr. they could add Boom Boom.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Music? Definitely.
Costumes? I guess it would depend on who and what the costume is, just as long as they aren't priced at some ridiculous amount.

MapleWooD

Smash Journeyman
Music? Definitely.
Costumes? I guess it would depend on who and what the costume is, just as long as they aren't priced at some ridiculous amount.
I would only buy music if it were new to Smash 4, not just reloaded Brawl or Melee songs. Even then, I could easily just open up YouTube and find the song I desire.

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
So, I'm pretty opposed to most DLC as a practice, but I'm a sucker for Smash. I'd probably buy anything priced reasonably.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
This is what I can think of off the top of my head:
:4wario2: All of his alts from Brawl back. Seriously, Little Mac.
:4link: OoT Link with alt colours.
:4zelda: OoT Zelda with alt colours.
:4ganondorf: OoT Ganondorf with alts.
:4zss: More of each costume and a proper "Justin Bailey" one piece, green hair and all.
:4marth: Dye his hair red. :troll:
:4robinf: Give each gender a full set of eight colours.
:4pikachu: Heart tail (female) Pikachu with the cosplay outfits from OR/AS as alts.
:4villagerf: Alts that aren't terrible.
:4olimar: All of Olimar's lost Brawl colours. Louie costume with alts and Brittany with alts.
:4pacman: Ms. Pac-Man.

I'd buy these all in a pack together.

Crash40

Smash Rookie
Actually, I've been talking to my friends about this recently... I'd LOVE some DLC costumes! I'd love to see Paper Mario, Dr. Luigi(For Dr. Mario), Mr. L, One of Shulk's dumb armors from Xenoblade, Dry Bowser... I could go on all day!

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Yes. Especially if it's dirt-cheap and awesome like the Hyrule Warriors DLC released thus far.

Last edited:

wingedarcher7

The PSI Powerhouse
NNID
speedstar623
3DS FC
3411-2028-1159
Maybe. I guess it all depends on what the costume in and how much I end up liking it. I'm actually totally happy with the default colors for Ness and Pit, but if they manage to make something that I like more then yeah!

Quillion

Smash Hero
I guess maybe if they were packed in a huge pack with like 40 or so costumes in it. But even then, I think that should cost only $3 or so.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Alternate costumes? Yes.

Characters as alternate costumes? No.

Last edited:

bound_for_earth

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theflaminglefty
only if it was a young link costume for toon link,roy costume for marth,lucas costume for ness or 100+ new songs and more music options for the main menu and id only pay 99 cents for the costumes and 5.00 for the music

_gold_

Smash Master
Reggie: "...We do believe a game like Mario Kart 8 is going to have a very long life ahead of it."
... cue the DLC packs.
I wish Nintendo would have this much enthusiasm with SSB4. They need to cherish this game. Keep it in tune. This is a rare occurrence where I wish a game developer would milk their franchise with DLC. Keep it alive!

Last edited:
Top Bottom