• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would You Buy Cosmetic DLC?

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Only if I get my Pyrrhon alt for Captain Falcon (because he seems like the best pick)

QQue

Smash Rookie
NNID
QQninja
If they sell costume PACKS, and not just one costume and not have it overpriced, I would be all over this. Also they need to be substantial changes like completely overhauling what they're wearing.

Omega-Xis49

Smash Rookie
Most likely. Knowing me, if it included new skins/costumes for Megaman, then definately.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Gimme more :4robinf::4robinm: hairstyles...

Funky Kong :4dk:

Hat + Horns (Gamecube version) :4villager::4villagerf:

Super Metroid version :4samus:

Actual shiny versions of the Pokémon.

White & Orange :4yoshi:

Dry :4bowser:

Masked :4lucina:

:4tlink: w/ Ezlo hat

:roymelee::4marth:.. I don't care if it has to be Marth's far inferior moves, I'd feel way better using Roy.

These are things that would make me buy in an instant. I <3 DLC, but especially for Nintendo games.

Last edited:

Holla@ChaBoi390

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3153-5100-6686
I'd buy it if they are as good as the costumes on Project M. Not easy palette swaps but full costumes.

Smash Arena

Smash Cadet
NNID
THEGREATSTALIN
I would buy any Smash DLC as long as the price was reasonable. $9.99 for two extra skins for each character and some new songs would be reasonable for me.

HeavyMetalSonic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Bloodriot779
It would highly depend on what it was. If it's a skin for characters I like, I would. If it was for individual songs that I liked, I would. If they came in a pack of say 3/5, if I liked more than half (2 out of 3, 3 out of 5 etc), I probably would. Would stages count? If the stage didn't look garbage (IE: silly layout or stupid quirks like 75M), I probably would.

I hope Nintendo decide to do something with Sm4sh in terms of DLC to keep it fresh. I mean they've done DLC for Mario Kart 8 and that turned out great. Why not Sm4sh? It's sold plenty of units already, and the deals on MK8 were good so I'd imagine they would for Sm4sh too.

HakuryuVision

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HakuryuVision
Now, if we're talking DLC, new characters and stages are the things i (and probably everyone else too) would want the most.

However, i think costumes CAN be worth it too.
I mean, think about the possibilities!
-Ocarina of Time Ganondorf (aka Melee Ganondorf)
-Biker Suit Rosalina & Peach
-Lyndis as an alt for Lucina & Roy as an alt for Ike (with fiery visual effects)
-Lucas as an alt for Ness (-though i suppose his fans would him rather be his own character)
-Masked Dedede
-Galacta Knight costume for Meta Knight
-And let's not forget:
^Already the best argument in favor for costume DLCs.
If it's at least one more costume/alts for every character (although i admit coming up with fitting costumes for Pokemon characters will be hard) and is not more than 10$, i'd say definitely worth it.

P.S. Imagine Giga Dry Bowser! *drools*

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
Not sure if this counts as cosmetic, but I'd like to see custom Final Smashes, particularly ones from Brawl that were replaced (like Cook Kirby and Aura Storm). If we have Custom Specials, why not Final Smashes too?

JAZZ_

The Armored Artist
NNID
childofgalifrey
Ive said this before but might as well say it again,
Nintendo, just take my money.
I'll buy any dlc that comes out for Smash, even if it were a custom stage builder expansion

TheTwistedHero

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheTwistedHero
I would pay a lot of money for any pack featuring either a ZSS Skin referencing bayonetta, or freaking beach vacation mario.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I'm a bit undecided on this sort of thing. If it's just costumes or anything related it would have to be a lot for the price. Of course if it should include a CRAPTON of sweet colors for :4megaman:, Masked :4dedede:, :4robinm:'s Grandmaster duds or anything of the sort, it may influence my decision a bit more.

Ausdon

Smash Rookie
NNID
Ausdon
It'd be cool if it had some kind of point system, as well as real cash for buying cosmetics. (I.E.: You get points by winnings in online mode.) That way people that want the DLC right away would just buy it, but would also encourage other people who don't have a steady flow of cash to play the game and work for it. Not a fan of League of Legends myself, but it uses the same system and it seems to be working pretty well from what I've heard from friends.

Top Bottom