• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would yall be so kind as to critique my Fox?

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace

RK Tha Prez

Smash Cadet
Not bad, make L-Cancelling a habit tho. and try not to double jump while ur on the stage. only seen the 1st one. wave dash....

Tundravalco

Smash Journeyman
dont be so impatient its really late haha. well anyway i thought your fox was pretty decent but it seemed like it was lacking mindgames because that marth did a pretty good job of reading you. i cant quite put my finger on your problem because it all looked pretty good. wait for scotu to watch them im sure he'll have something for you.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Well, if you really want me too... (keep in mind, i'm horrible at this game, i'm just decent at thinking about it in my free time)

Hey... those are all really hard to watch... I try to set standards for critiquing videos, i've got to see the whole picture, so it's not like i'm watching on satellite TV. (plus, i put my $ into good vid stuff, so i think others should as well). Try to get a better angle for your camera / lighting at least. Thanks.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
hey if u wanna c fox vs marth thats not too much different from how good u guys our, c my thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=110327
it has enough advice listed from scotu, tundravalco, oskurito, and even silent wolf, read through the whole thread cause at the beggining ppl were givin me tips for my old videos, look 4 a post by me that has the links for the vids(not my intro post, its maybe on page#3) after u find my post that links up the vids, there is a lot of advice givin to me. man i just can't word my posts rite today, sry if its confusing, u'll figure it out i hope.

o and thnx scotu and tundravalco, u guys really helped me out. :)

takieddine

Smash Master
You dash attack way too much.
WRONG. Dash attack ***** Marth and should be one of your main approaches.

I thought you just need tactical advice on matchups. Like, the Marth could have ***** you much harder with edge guarding(counter), you were very predictable.

You were over-agressive. The Marth matchup is where you break out the lasers and camp till you land grabs from dashdancing. From there uair away.

Edit: Marth can't grab a dash attack if you space it right, so as soon as the marth tries to grab/fair out of shield, utilt and link it with uairs.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
WRONG. Dash attack ***** Marth and should be one of your main approaches.

I thought you just need tactical advice on matchups. Like, the Marth could have ***** you much harder with edge guarding(counter), you were very predictable.

You were over-agressive. The Marth matchup is where you break out the lasers and camp till you land grabs from dashdancing. From there uair away.

Edit: Marth can't grab a dash attack if you space it right, so as soon as the marth tries to grab/fair out of shield, utilt and link it with uairs.
Yeah, I mean the way he was ****** with those dash attacks was just palpable.

Oh wait, he kept getting shield-grabbed.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Yeah, I mean the way he was ****** with those dash attacks was just palpable.

Oh wait, he kept getting shield-grabbed.
Ok i always fight a marth and heres what happens:

i dash attacked>he blocked and went for a shield grab>while hes still in his shield i hold the control stick in his direction>his grab misses and i do utilt, if this is hard to understand, i'll come back and edit this with one of my vids that show it, i'll post the time so u guyz can b ready for when its comin.

takieddine

Smash Master
You don't need to put the effort into a video that is common sense, this is old school fox stuff.

I'm sure Chillin has a good reason for dash attacking so much against Ken's Marth.

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
thnx for the reply's. Ive learned much since those vids marth is easy to beat now cuz i usually jus laser camp, grab an uair. Withe the ocassional wshine uthrow combos. But i have troubles vs sheiks and peaches can you all help out with that? or is there a charc. match-up thread already? Thnx in advance.

takieddine

Smash Master
Waveshining is too dangerous on a peach, if you're off by 5 frames, i'm sure you know what happens, especially when you're holding the stick down trying to shine x_x.

I prefer laser camping, and 1 drillshine to grab uair or usmash, thats much safer.

sheik i would say the same thing, except you'd have to be the aggressive players. go after her with drillshines grab uair. High priority nair and bair when in the air, combo into usmash with them.

brawlpro

Smash Master
well uthrow - uair is dangerous unless you know your damage %s
if you do it when peach's damage is a lil too high, then she can nair you just like luigi after thrown up...
with peach i say waveshine her cause that works best for me, best way to start is prolly by drilshine-continuos waveshine-shine her off stage-simple as that, chillindude829 does it several times against peaches. just learn your timings...

Top Bottom