• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would Pikachu be right for me?

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. I was playing through All-star with Pikachu to finish the challenge in the challenge wall, And I found that I kind of liked Pikachu's playstyle.

I have a very grab-oriented playstyle. Grabs and Aerials are what I do best. Is Pikachu good at these? My normal playstyle is Hit, Grab, Run, repeat. Although my edgeguarding skills leave much to be desired.

K 2

Smash Lord
Omg I love your avitar.

I would say so. Pikachu has a very good grab game. Fthrow and Dthrow are great Chaingrabs as well as combo starters. Bthrow sets up nicely for edgeguarding, and Uthrow can combo into thunder at higher percents. Pikachu also has a fast pummel, so you can usually get in a few grab attacks and not worry about your opponent breaking out.

Pikachu is also well equipped for aerial fighting. Fair is an AMAZING move that combos into just about everything. Nair is a great combo ender and it KO's at higher percents. Uair is a extremely fast move that's great for comboing. I don't like bair and dair that much, but they aren't bad moves.

If you like the hit and run style, pikachu can play that, as well as an in-your-face fighter. Learn to QAC.

Go to this thread: The pikachu archive thread in the stickies to find out more about pikachu. If you go in the videos and media section of the pikachu archive thread (P.A.T.? lol), you will find 5ive's video pikachu guide and a few good combo videos. I would suggest watching those and a few anther videos to decide if you like Pikachu.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
While I don't play Pizzachu, I do know one thing people keep parroting:

"We can't help you with deciding your main! only you can make that decision."

Also if you want to **** hard, you're better off going MK.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
You can use that guerilla warfare junk with Pikachu, but you DO need to learn comboes- namely his d-throw and fair comboes.
Because of the points K 2 addressed, Pikachu does have a good grab game despite his poor grab range.
Give us a video to critique if you can and we'll gladly assist you in more detail.
And welcome to the Pikachu boards. :)

neji32

Smash Lord
pikachus a great character....you want to be good and respected, **** mk go with pika
oh and pikachus grab game is good, and pikachus aerials are extreamly good. al four of them

Rinehart

Smash Journeyman
If you think he is a really good character who you think might **** then go for it . No one is stopping you.

Top Bottom