• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would Ike be overpowered if he could L-cancel?

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
I was just thinking...Ike has a ton of high-lag, high-risk moves. If he could L-cancel, wouldn't that turn him into one of the most powerful characters in the game? He could throw out powerful attacks with little to no risk.

Just my thoughts.

FishkeeperTimmay!

Smash Ace
Well, if we assume this means all the other characters in Brawl could also lag cancel... I'd be scared to see how the other characters would improve (particularly looking at Snake and Marth).

But Ike, oh wow, would he ever be scary with L-Canceled Fairs...

Though, I should probably remind you guys that a few of Ike's aerials (Fair and Dair to be exact) have less lag if you land them instead of staying airbourne. All the more reason to SHFF all his moves. ;)

Wolt

Smash Journeyman
If you let Ike L-cancel, then everyone else can to in this scenario. It would boost his chance at being much more useful in competitive play and make him more of a force to be reckoned with, but a lot of other characters would have similar progression, like Ganondorf.

thx

Smash Ace
i think if ike could it would make him better but not alot his standar tilts are still a bit slow and like wolt said if everyone else could he would be in a pickle plus you can air dodge the aerials blah blah blah

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Bowser too...i don't even want to think about DDD... This would be a down to people like SONIC since he relies on lag and most of his moves are lagless.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
then again, you have no idea how much it would cancel. if everyone else gets half the lag cancelled, but Ike only 1/8, then it wouldn't be an improvement.

metroid1117

Smash Master
If everyone could l-cancel, then Ike would be much more powerful but would still have a difficult time competing with quicker characters like Marth or Sheik.

Now, if everyone could Z-CANCEL from SSB64 (l-canceling that negates ALL lag)... Ike would be flat-out broken.

Top Bottom