• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would I be right if I said that...

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Yoshi's largest problem is a lack of priority? That seems to be the problem whenever I fight someone; I can't land a hit because I'm always being out-prioritized.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
Use tilts and his n-air more...I believe those are the quickest, and have the most range (what priority actually is ^_^)

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
Use tilts and his n-air more...I believe those are the quickest, and have the most range (what priority actually is ^_^)
I think I use Nair a bit too much... As for tilts, I use Dtilt some, but it's not too successful usually. I find Ftilt fairly useless since it's hard to approach walking to use it and not get punished, and Utilt lacks range so I stay away from it entirely.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
um, walking forward is the safest way to approach, unless you can get your dash animation out and start actually running before you reach them.

In the air, use b-air

missingnomaster

Smash Lord
um, walking forward is the safest way to approach, unless you can get your dash animation out and start actually running before you reach them.

In the air, use b-air
Would the fact that I'm basing some of this on that I've played a lot of Fox recently mean anything to how useful Ftilt would be?

bigman40

Smash Master
F-tilt is great for using combos, especially since it comes out fast. B-air is a great approach and defensive atk, plus it has pretty good priority. I don't normally like using D-tilt too much due to yoshi being able to get hit easily if not properly spaced.

Yoshi's problem is priority, and the lack of strong killing moves.

D

Deleted member

Yoshi's priority is pretty good. Ftilt is good, longish range, and is perfect for setting up for combos. Utilt is also good if they DI and ftilt towards u.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I don't find the priority to be THAT devastating, since most of his techniques revolve around moves that make priority irrelevant.

Pivot-grabs, for example, pretty much devastate anything aggressive that takes advantage of high-priority.

I find his biggest issue to be with KO/% ratios. It's frustrating to switch back and forth between heavy-hitters and Yoshi, because it puts into perspective how difficult it is to finagle Yoshi's KO moves comparatively.

TheFast

Smash Lord
i think yoshis bigest problem is when a character (mk) can out range him in the air and ground almost completely but you know its not like a yoshi can make babys to throw at people

Top Bottom