• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would DLC stages for this game be too much to ask?

JehJehKeyblade

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JehJehKeyblade2
They would obviously scale down the texture, and resolution.
But some may be impossible to import. Like Mushroom Kingdom U. Would you really want a Nabbit with the animation of the Assist Tropies and the Pokémon?

I'm sure it's possible to put DLC stages in the 3DS version. I mean, they did put in the Mewtwo DLC, so maybe they can do the same for stages. Just make a stage patch and you're good to go (if it's possible, that is).
Probably. But then again, the game is so big you can't open anything else while playing it.

misterOWAIN33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MR_FA1L
3DS FC
2294-5361-2433
I don't think it is beyond the realm of possibility that the 3DS could support downloadable stages. Would Nintendo do it? I'm not so sure. If they did announce DLC stages, I myself would rather like to see Great Bay & Pokefloats return from Melee, as well as Hyrule Castle from SSB64.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
The 3DS version would definitely be able to handle all of the 64 stages and a good amount of Melee/Brawl stages. There's that theory that Dream Land 64 is coming soon too, so it's almost guaranteed we'll get DLC stages.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
I guess as a thought for DLC, maybe they could replace one of the regular Final Destinations we have (you know, since we have a Normal FD and a Omega FD that are the exact same thing) and make one of them another FD to play on, like Melee's FD or Brawl's FD (actually don't do Brawl's FD, because Brawl's FD sucks designwise).

On a second note, once you unlocked all the stages, there is that one black space right next to the random button. That looks pratically like free space for a stage.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
I guess as a thought for DLC, maybe they could replace one of the regular Final Destinations we have (you know, since we have a Normal FD and a Omega FD that are the exact same thing) and make one of them another FD to play on, like Melee's FD or Brawl's FD (actually don't do Brawl's FD, because Brawl's FD sucks designwise).

On a second note, once you unlocked all the stages, there is that one black space right next to the random button. That looks pratically like free space for a stage.
Maybe that space is for the rumored new Kirby stage. And melee's FD on omega form is a great idea, but I'd replace the second stage song to melee's FD instead of what's there.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Maybe that space is for the rumored new Kirby stage. And melee's FD on omega form is a great idea, but I'd replace the second stage song to melee's FD instead of what's there.
Oh yeah true. Can't be Melee FD without the Melee FD music!

belmontzar

Smash Apprentice
Id love the option to get some of the older levels and stages from the older games for my 3ds copy, but I think the main goal Nintendo is trying with the DLC is to have it all be mixed and matched. IE buy it here and there at the same time. Both Mewtwo and the MII fighter outfits had big obviouse discounts for buying on both systems, and I think DLC will stay that way. While I would love to be able to get some of the missing Melee, brawl, or even 64 stages, I dont see it happening. The only reason we would see it, is if they decide to make DLC packs based on the other system.
IE older levels on the WII U version being for 3ds, and Older levels that made 3ds being sold to Wii U. I really do miss my LOZ temple stage and would buy that thing in a heart beat though.

but what IREALLY want to see, and I know this is impossible/ not gona happen / people may hate me for even suggesting it. Would be if we coudl get more stages for Smash run. Like say the Great Maze.
Seriously am I the only one who LOVED that level to death? Even after I beat the game I just picked characters AND ran the level for fun. [kinda like how Smash run is now, I was sorta already doing that XD haha funny XP]
I know of atleast 2 large maps that would be perfect for Smash run. Great maze, and The Temple adventure stage in Melee. I know the thought of the idea makes me hyper personally even if the SANE part of my mind is laughing at me right now.

Addendum:
I mean its just, the only real extra the 3ds version has over the Wii U is the smash run mode. So in my head it makes sense to add extra life to that mode if ya want the game to sell. With all this focus on the WII U version its like they are really showing the 3ds one as the FAR lesser port that no one cares about. I know, I know its a marketing ploy to get people to WANT a WII U when its sales are less than stellar, but it makes more buisness sense to me, to expand and help the Higher selling copy do better. At the moment though its like the 3ds version is just 'on the road practice' until ya get home to the "REAL" game. In which case you wont have any reason to play it when you have the GIANT SUPER Hulk of a game that makes the 3ds look more like a demo than a game.
Sorry sorry for the mini rant, im not trying to sell the WII U short at all, its a great looking system with fantastic potential and when more games I want for it are around im sure ill probably get one. ATM though all I see are a game I already own, and a Zelda skin style of a game series I am hopelessly addicted to. [freaking love the warriors series man...]

Last edited:

JehJehKeyblade

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JehJehKeyblade2
if we coudl get more stages for Smash run. Like say the Great Maze.
Seriously am I the only one who LOVED that level to death?
I agree with you. I think Smash Run CAN use more as well now that you mention it. After all, Smash Run gets bland after a while.

The 3DS version would definitely be able to handle all of the 64 stages and a good amount of Melee/Brawl stages. There's that theory that Dream Land 64 is coming soon too, so it's almost guaranteed we'll get DLC stages.
Considering the game can't have stages for WFT and Duck Hunt, maybe not all at ONCE.

Dragonitan

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2122-8048-1140
With the rumours of ryu being a dlc character, it would be a disapointement to not have a Street Fighter stage, also the Ds has some games worthy of being represented as stages in this game such as Advanced Wars.

Top Bottom