• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst Super Smash Bros Brawl video you've ever seen (Post a Link)

Booster

Smash Lord
How do you ruin a series as good and iconic as Smash Bros? Why giving it a REALLY stupid hack of course! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vspV8DFc8hE seriously what the hell is this? IS THAT SONIC IN A MOTHER ****ING DRESS?!?! As if the Sonic series wasn't...and who ARE most of these characters anyway? Why is Cream called "Hedgehog Tiara", all of the humans look like REALLY bad Mario fanart, eventually you get to a part of the video showing off Tetra from Wind Waker...but it's not the same Tetra, it's a really girly looking one.

I will give points though for implementing Skyward Sword Zelda, seeing as Smash bros 4 isn't going to do it and still use Twilight Princess Zelda. Now onto the actual video. The quality and camera work is atrocious, like they filmed it using a flip phone.

WHO MADE THIS ****?!?!

RopeDrink

Smash Cadet
Probably my own videos.
After playing SF4 for years against other players, I know and respect that people don't want to watch players beating up CPU - Which was all I could do when I got Brawl on Dolphin (which has limited to no multiplayer functionality as it's very 'picky' and broken - It's possible but you'd have to play the game in a way that wasn't really right) so all I've been able to do is pick my favourite character and just beat up CPU in every single Brawl vid I've done.

Latest one, for example.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9J8VsnDxYM

Having said that - I'm sure it's not as bad as other videos but it's a bit pointless either way. All I can do is keep watching NinjaLink, Vex and other Bowser players, try to take notes and improve on my own play - But this is impossible on CPU.

I only upload them just to show the subscribers that I do love Brawl and hope I'll be able to join in once the new game is released in the future.

Fingers crossed!
Another reason is that I only watch people who are better than me, such as tourny players, and not vids of mods or other sillyness - So that means I'm quite literally the worst thing I've seen :D

Carbonix

Smash Rookie
Probably my own videos.
After playing SF4 for years against other players, I know and respect that people don't want to watch players beating up CPU - Which was all I could do when I got Brawl on Dolphin (which has limited to no multiplayer functionality as it's very 'picky' and broken - It's possible but you'd have to play the game in a way that wasn't really right) so all I've been able to do is pick my favourite character and just beat up CPU in every single Brawl vid I've done.

Latest one, for example.

Having said that - I'm sure it's not as bad as other videos but it's a bit pointless either way. All I can do is keep watching NinjaLink, Vex and other Bowser players, try to take notes and improve on my own play - But this is impossible on CPU.

I only upload them just to show the subscribers that I do love Brawl and hope I'll be able to join in once the new game is released in the future.

Fingers crossed!
Another reason is that I only watch people who are better than me, such as tourny players, and not vids of mods or other sillyness - So that means I'm quite literally the worst thing I've seen :D
Subbed, I had fun watching it since you're better than I am (only started trying to play smash well last week o.o), what are your PC specs? I have issues getting brawl running smoothly on Dolphin, I play on Wii anyway but I would like to be able to record it in the future, my specs are: i5 3570, HD7870 and 8GB ram, which I think is easily strong enough to emulate Brawl well but Dolphin hates me :(

ellord

Smash Apprentice
Dolphin has its own recording software, you don't need to run it on 60 fps to record. It create picture by picture and put them all together, it's useful for bad config unless you want record while you play instead by replay list.

RopeDrink

Smash Cadet
Interesting - Never knew that, though my computer seems to record pretty OK (stable 60 FPS on moderate to good graphical settings without any hoggish background apps on the go) so I never really looked into it.

Does my video look to be in worse quality than others on Dolphin? If so, even more reason why mine are worth a bit of hate ;)
Sadly, a lot of the videos I watch of proper (non-CPU players like me) are usually old and/or quite bad quality as well, so I always assumed mine was OK... Bleh.

Subbed, I had fun watching it since you're better than I am (only started trying to play smash well last week o.o), what are your PC specs? I have issues getting brawl running smoothly on Dolphin, I play on Wii anyway but I would like to be able to record it in the future, my specs are: i5 3570, HD7870 and 8GB ram, which I think is easily strong enough to emulate Brawl well but Dolphin hates me :(
Thanks! I'm not that good, really - But I'd like to think I've learned a little bit, even if things are hard to put into practice against insta-reaction CPU who team up on you all day. Always wished I could get to playing on Wii or even Dolphin if MP wasn't unreliable but still, CPU games are better than never having gotten to play Brawl at all.

Specs:
8bg RAM, 64bit Windows, i5-2500k CPU @3.30Ghz 3.30GHz
AMD Radeon HD 6900 GFX Card

Doesn't change the fact that CPU only matches are somewhat pointless, hence submitting to this thread.

Last edited:

oats_

Smash Apprentice
How do you ruin a series as good and iconic as Smash Bros? Why giving it a REALLY stupid hack of course! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vspV8DFc8hE seriously what the hell is this? IS THAT SONIC IN A MOTHER ****ING DRESS?!?! As if the Sonic series wasn't...and who ARE most of these characters anyway? Why is Cream called "Hedgehog Tiara", all of the humans look like REALLY bad Mario fanart, eventually you get to a part of the video showing off Tetra from Wind Waker...but it's not the same Tetra, it's a really girly looking one.

I will give points though for implementing Skyward Sword Zelda, seeing as Smash bros 4 isn't going to do it and still use Twilight Princess Zelda. Now onto the actual video. The quality and camera work is atrocious, like they filmed it using a flip phone.

WHO MADE THIS ****?!?!
Who are you to judge someone for liking sonic characters when you like ponies from a show targeted for 8-10 year old girls?

Booster

Smash Lord
To be fair, the Pit thing IS true, this goes triple with the Project M Mod installed
Who are you to judge someone for liking sonic characters when you like ponies from a show targeted for 8-10 year old girls?
This isn't even about the Sonic characters...you missed the ****ing point...somebody put hours of their time into recreating Smash Bros to fit the needs of 4-6 year old girls, pedophiles and **** (Stereotypically Gay People)

ellord

Smash Apprentice
Here is a recording test with dolphin at 1080p. My encoding and recording was perfect with the highest quality as possible then i uploaded it on youtube to see what does youtube can take. It's far of the original quality, but it show the best quality that youtube can handle. It convert it into a stable bit/s, so that mean detailed frame lost more quality, the rain added on the 3rd match is an example. Compare it with the 1st frame of Link vs Ike or the replay menu. There's no gradation/shading, just some uniform colors so they are showed in a better quality. It also convert to 30/fps, this is not a problem since brawl is slow, but if you speed it up by special brawl, you move notice it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IxsW7Cu9nY

I was playing with a keyboard because i have no GC to USB adapter and i lost my SD card.

Last edited:
Top Bottom