• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst move in the game. Vote! Maybe Nintendo will listen...

Yellow9

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1762-3359-5745
Yeah, Tink's dair is good, you just don't have to be a predictable FG player who dairs every time they're above someone and it works.
Personally, I think Toon's dair just needs less landing and end lag. It's far too punishable if you miss.

However, I do think Toon's S-Smash needs fixing, since the second hit does miss occasionally, even if you confirm the first hit.

I'm probably dreaming if this ever happens, but it'd be cool if they made the first hit also combo into the up smash. Highly doubt it'd happen, but it'd be pretty cool.

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
All moves that are intentionally meant to break shields not counting the bowser bomb, Ryu's f-tilt, and yoshi bomb. Give them shield pushback and only that. The moves themselves aren't necessarily bad, except for jigglypuff's pound, because even hitting a shield with it perfectly spaced means you get grabbed, which is stupid considering shielding pretty much beats jigglypuff consistently. It is only fair that even if I don't break your shield, I should still not be punished, but believe it or not, it happens sometimes for not spacing it too well, despite having clearly punished the player. Why Ryu's f-tilt? I believe it multi-hits. Why both bowser bomb and yoshi bomb? Because if you happen to use it as a OoS option or against a shielding player right next to them, if they don't react quick enough it is a free shield break, and both of those character already kill pretty easily so just making those moves even safer for them to use and removing your want of using a shield against them would be bad. Considering yoshi has some projectiles that come out of his down b which is annoying enough already making it harder to punish than bowser's that would be too good for him. Also both of those moves have a sliding tech so another reason not to give them more.

Even if you don't do it for the whole cast, please just do it for jigglypuff, all she really needs for a buff is a kill throw, a combo throw that can lead into a rest, a throw that is good for pushing the player away at an awkward angle for a free jab reset preferably back throw since forward throw would be the kill throw and up-throw the combo throw. Anything that just makes it scary for the opponent to shield against jiggs.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
All moves that are intentionally meant to break shields not counting the bowser bomb, Ryu's f-tilt, and yoshi bomb. Give them shield pushback and only that. The moves themselves aren't necessarily bad, except for jigglypuff's pound, because even hitting a shield with it perfectly spaced means you get grabbed, which is stupid considering shielding pretty much beats jigglypuff consistently. It is only fair that even if I don't break your shield, I should still not be punished, but believe it or not, it happens sometimes for not spacing it too well, despite having clearly punished the player. Why Ryu's f-tilt? I believe it multi-hits. Why both bowser bomb and yoshi bomb? Because if you happen to use it as a OoS option or against a shielding player right next to them, if they don't react quick enough it is a free shield break, and both of those character already kill pretty easily so just making those moves even safer for them to use and removing your want of using a shield against them would be bad. Considering yoshi has some projectiles that come out of his down b which is annoying enough already making it harder to punish than bowser's that would be too good for him. Also both of those moves have a sliding tech so another reason not to give them more.

Even if you don't do it for the whole cast, please just do it for jigglypuff, all she really needs for a buff is a kill throw, a combo throw that can lead into a rest, a throw that is good for pushing the player away at an awkward angle for a free jab reset preferably back throw since forward throw would be the kill throw and up-throw the combo throw. Anything that just makes it scary for the opponent to shield against jiggs.
Two things: 1. Are you insinuating that Pound is the worst move in the game? And 2. I would actually think it'd be better if up throw was the kill throw since it was obviously made to be, but wasn't because if it's tragically low knockback scaling, and down throw was the combo throw. I'd like it if forward throw was a semi-spike like in Melee.

Solutionme

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SolutionMe
Two things: 1. Are you insinuating that Pound is the worst move in the game? And 2. I would actually think it'd be better if up throw was the kill throw since it was obviously made to be, but wasn't because if it's tragically low knockback scaling, and down throw was the combo throw. I'd like it if forward throw was a semi-spike like in Melee.
Well I don't really use jiggs anymore but even hitting at the farthest point of pound with her made it feel pointless to use it on shield despite the shield damage, because in the long run the person would just resort to dodge spam if his shield was about to break. I don't necessarily want to say it is a bad move, but it's not that good other than an active hitbox.
Your throw suggestions might honestly be better, but my point is kind of there, Jiggs needs a reason not to be shielded against because it pretty much stops her from killing early, shields have very little shieldstun which is bad for jiggs because she can't float away as far as before for whiffing on a shield and if you're not in the air against her all you have to do is press r so you don't killed at 60% and instead like 140%.

Chandeelure

Bandana Brigade Captain
Phantom Slash is also terrible.

Terrible range for some reason
Slow
It cannot be stored
You can break it
You can reflect it
It's not powerful
And the most important thing:

Also, Din's Fire, it was mediocre in Brawl, now... it's as bad or worst than Phantom Slash.
It's like an horizontal, small, weak, PK Flash.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Well I don't really use jiggs anymore but even hitting at the farthest point of pound with her made it feel pointless to use it on shield despite the shield damage, because in the long run the person would just resort to dodge spam if his shield was about to break. I don't necessarily want to say it is a bad move, but it's not that good other than an active hitbox.
Your throw suggestions might honestly be better, but my point is kind of there, Jiggs needs a reason not to be shielded against because it pretty much stops her from killing early, shields have very little shieldstun which is bad for jiggs because she can't float away as far as before for whiffing on a shield and if you're not in the air against her all you have to do is press r so you don't killed at 60% and instead like 140%.
I definitely see your point. Jigglypuff's grab game is very below-par, and for the lightest character in the game with some of the shortest range, that's a very fatal flaw. A reliable KO option that doesn't leave you wide open and a combo tool that doesn't require you to be inside the opponent would do wonders for Puff.

Superfiremario

Smash Apprentice
Little Mac's aerials. But they probably don't count so I'm going with Jet Hammer. Basically a worse Hammer Flip.

At least Sing can set up Rest kills.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
If they just made Sing have a set amount of sleep, or made the move itself faster, it'd become useful. Using it to catch rolls or predicted ledge options would be awesome. As it is, it's totally the worst move.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
If they just made Sing have a set amount of sleep, or made the move itself faster, it'd become useful. Using it to catch rolls or predicted ledge options would be awesome. As it is, it's totally the worst move.
Spinphony says hi.

NotAsian

Smash Journeyman
Uhh you guys are forgetting about diddys jab haha also little Mac's neutral air starts like frame one you can break combos with it because of the super armour it's actually pretty good but I doubt people have seen that used that way often

Also falcon punch is awful it barley even kills

ALSO CAN WE STOP ARGUING THIS IS A FUN THREAD I SWEAR SMASHERS CANT NOT START A FIGHT ITS OBNOXIOUS!!

Crystallum

Smash Rookie
NNID
Crystallum
Megaman's up-Smash has a weird ass hitbox that goes all around him and it gets really annoying.

Top Bottom