• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst Character Suggestions you have seen

Skymer

Smash Rookie
i'd have to say Kraid, he's cool and everything but he's just too big and if they downsized him it would probebly make him a pretty boring character

any FF characters too because there not even from nintendo

Crom

Smash Journeyman
No, character success is EXACTLY the issue. Super Smash Brothers wouldn't exist if it weren't for bizarre characters in successful games.
I'm not making official points as to why Simon Belmont has a better chance to be in brawl. I'm making points that he's a better character. When comparing characters I don't base it off the success of the games they were in.

Do you see people with such minimal roles represented in Smash? Bouncing around and giving items is not even close to having a central character in a series of very popular Nintendo platformers. It's a shame that the series has only been released in Japan so far.
Neg. I was simply making fun of people posting every single minimal character ever featured in a nintendo game to be in brawl on smashboards.

Shouldn't we love characters for being in good games? Do you think anybody would take Mario seriously if Nintendo just now released a game featuring him? A short fat guy in blue overalls and a red hat? I'll grant you that, compared to some mascots, Stafy's design is pretty simplistic, but that doesn't make him any less of a big name in Nintendo.
Nah not really. I like Mario games, but I dont like Mario. Like you said he's a short fat guy in blue overalls and a red hat. Thats stupid.

----

YEAH! How DARE you like a character because you enjoyed the game he was in! YOU. JERK.

/sarcasm
I don't care if you think mario is cool for being in a good game I just don't see it that way.

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Awhile back people wanted the shopkeeper from RE4.. bad character ideas know no bounds

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Did someone suggest that Stafy was a bad character choice or something? Because just so you know, guys, Ridley and Stafy are now good friends, and if he heard you guys saying that, it would make him very upset.

And we all know what Ridley's like when he's upset...

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
oh reminds me of this tag team everyone keeps throwing around, diddy dixie duo, it makes me want to vomit whenever someone suggests that as a serious character suggestion

skullkidd

Smash Ace
ok once again, starfy is not third party, so he is not in direct competition with simon belmount.

and lets look at some other people already in brawl

kirby- a pink ball with eyes
mario- a plumber who can shoot fireballs
bowser- a giant ****ing turtle
samus- some girl in a supersuit
pikachu- an electric rat
link- some knight from the past who got more famous then everyone else from back then
sonic- a hedgehog who happens to run fast

and to the woman above me, he has also appeared in many pokemon games and in the trading card series. and now mewtwo isnt the all powerful pokemon at this time, and deoxys could give us more originality and funner gameplay than mewtwo anyday. now does this mean mewtwo should get kicked to the curb, no. with some minor tweaking he could be made into a fierce competetor in the smash world, but does this mean we should exclude all other pokemon from entering, absolutely not..

Nice try, but you can't diss Mario, there would be no SSB without him.
and i don't get why you love stafy so much, he is nothing more than a STAR WITH EYES.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
didn't we just go over this argument. yes stafy is a star with eyes, mario is a plumber with fireballs, and kirby is a pink ball with hands, feet, and a face. just because stafy is cute doesn't you can diss him up and down the block. check out some of the in game videos he has on youtube, those games look fun as hell

Mandalore

Smash Apprentice
The stupidest one I've seen was Pikachu. Last time I saw (and first time I even heard of the game), it showed he was a confirmed character.

But out of suggestions not made by complete morons, probably most anime characters- Naruto, Gintama, that sort of group.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Generic characters like Dry Bones, Koopa Troopa, or sidekicks from Paper Mario games
Metapod
Any new Pokémon for that matter, except maybe for Lucario
Characters that are already in the game: baby mario, wind waker Link, etc
Miis
and so many more

ZeldaFox38

Smash Lord
Thundercats.Now that one was bad.
Lol, that's like asking for one of the Ninja Turtles.

Most of my ideas are already here. I still adamantly hate Captain N/Lana/etc. That was a weird (if amusing) TV show. Who owns the rights to them, anyway? Dic or Nintendo?

While we're at it . . .has anyone mentioned Bayou Billy? :chuckle: I didn't read through all the pages.

WolfenLegend

Smash Apprentice
First of all, no clones. I mean, Melee's hidden characters were mostly clones.

I saw this post somewhere in G4TV.com. "I so want to play this game!!! I want to know what the 2-4 non-Nintendo characters will be!
Im hopping that one would be Ichigo Kurosaki,
Goku, Sam Fisher, Kratos, MasterChief,
Eric(The Swift), Cloud Strife,
Petter Griffen, Sora form Kingdom Hearts
or Naruto Uzumaki."

Though, I'm not sure if he did that as a joke and included a note, cause the page didn't finish loading even though it said "Done." But even if it was a joke, those are the worst suggestions ever.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
First of all, no clones. I mean, Melee's hidden characters were mostly clones.

I saw this post somewhere in G4TV.com. "I so want to play this game!!! I want to know what the 2-4 non-Nintendo characters will be!
Im hopping that one would be Ichigo Kurosaki,
Goku, Megaman, Sam Fisher, Kratos, MasterChief,
Eric(The Swift), Cloud Strife,
Petter Griffen, Sora form Kingdom Hearts
or Naruto Uzumaki."

Though, I'm not sure if he did that as a joke and included a note, cause the page didn't finish loading even though it said "Done." But even if it was a joke, those are the worst suggestions ever.
Hey, as unlikely as Sora is, he's a good idea. But then, I'm a super huge KH fanboy. It think I might actually squeal with glee if I were to see Sora in Brawl. And I'd main him even if he somehow managed to be bottom tier.

And I don't think Megaman's bad either.

But the rest are basically crap, yeah. As a general rule, no anime character should ever be suggested. Even as a joke. And I spy at least 2 or 3 in there.

WolfenLegend

Smash Apprentice
Hey, as unlikely as Sora is, he's a good idea. But then, I'm a super huge KH fanboy. It think I might actually squeal with glee if I were to see Sora in Brawl. And I'd main him even if he somehow managed to be bottom tier.

And I don't think Megaman's bad either.

But the rest are basically crap, yeah. As a general rule, no anime character should ever be suggested. Even as a joke. And I spy at least 2 or 3 in there.

Oops, need to edit the Megaman part. He ain't bad at all.

Anime characters are mostly suggested by ******** fanboys, it's impossible for one to be in Brawl. Sakurai said no manga/anime characters can be in Brawl.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
and i agree whole-heartedly NO anime characters!!!!! But i really don't see why megaman would at all bad i mean the little blue guy has had so many nintendo games its just not funny (and some of my favs are megaman games too)

WolfenLegend

Smash Apprentice
and i agree whole-heartedly NO anime characters!!!!! But i really don't see why megaman would at all bad i mean the little blue guy has had so many nintendo games its just not funny (and some of my favs are megaman games too)

I know, I already edited my earlier post. Megaman would be awesome as a PC in Brawl.

Even though I don't actually support him, I'd still like for him to be in brawl.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
i'd still have to say that THE worst 2 ideas i've heard of so far would be tom nook and waluigi

WhiteZER0

Smash Apprentice
Any characters that are just TOO unrealistic for Brawl. I'm to lazy to name them all XD I'm not that picky when it comes to characters... unless they are CRAP XD (Ash/Red... ya, that's the worst I've heard... no, Epona and Link together... that was bad XD... heck, they were both bad)

Sora... as strange as it would be, I think he'd be a pretty good addition. I'm no Sora supporter or anything, but he's not an overpowered character, and with his battle style, he'd be a perfect character for the roster. Just a thought.

MauFonseca

Smash Rookie
Vacum Luigi
Baby Mario and Baby Luigi
Link n' Epona
Waluigi
Mii (Not that bad, But I can't imagine it)
Diddy Kong (with or without dixie)
Darth Vader (xD)

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
wow, where to start!? xD

-malon (from zelda)
-ninja turtles
-A TRANSFORMER LMFAO
-homer simpson
-peter griffon
-Sonic
-Shadow
-Waluigi

yeeeeah...

Ogre_Deity_Link

Smash Lord
Lesse here...

Meta-friggin-pod
Any anime character (especially Naruto)
Slippy
Waluigi
WW Link (honestly, can ANYONE take him seriously? I can't.)
CD-I Link (no. Just.......no.)

I Like Smash...

Smash Apprentice
Brian from Quest (eww...)...
Link on Epona...
i actually like the idea of Metapod just because it would be so random and stupid...
Red/Ash...
i think CD-i Link should be the new homerun sandbag...
right before you hit him...
he should say....
How about a kiss, for luck???

JesterBox

Smash Ace
Sonic the hedgehog... all his games suck nowadays

*runs away from thread faster than Sonic*

Blackadder

Smash Master
^^^
Lmao @ Jesterbox.

I've heard some real stinkers.
Power rangers was the worst, I'd say.
I mean... "It's morphin time!" as a tuant.
no. Just no.

Top Bottom