• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worst and best taunts?

Blue Phoenix

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0001-3910-6032
Best: :4greninja: Water fountain is cool asf, up taunt is also good, :4drmario: Pill Skills, :4falcon: "Show me your moves!" :4lucario: All, :4kirby: and :4villager: dance, :4shulk: is really feeling it, :4dedede: crouch, :4pikachu: Electric charge, :4miibrawl: All but the down taunt because it's less fun to watch, :sonic: 'You're too slow!" (Brawl), :substitute: Up taunt, side taunt 11/10

Worst: :substitute: Down taunt is just boring to watch. It just sits there waiting to be punished 0/10

Last edited:

isoldmyname

Smash Cadet
The best taunt in my opinion is Villager's truffle shuffle.
Simply. Fantastic.
Also Wii Fit Trainer's stretches.
One time I got to sudden death, and I was all like "Let's get a gooood stretch!". I then proceeded to nail Bowser in the face with my soccer ball. Much hysterical laughter ensued.

El_Mariachi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Marvinho
Best:
:4falcon: "SHOW ME YOUR MOVES!" greatest taunt ever
:4falco: "Piece of cake." A badass taunt
:4drmario: Side taunt. Loved it in Melee, still love it in Smash 4.

Worst:
:4drmario: Up taunt and down taunt. Both are very lame.
:4fox: "Here I come!" God, that voice....
:4falcon: Up taunt. AKA the noob taunt.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
:rosalina:'s "Mmmhm~" taunt drives me insane, especially considering a large majority of Rosalinas play extremely lame and taunt shortly after. :l

:4villagerf:'s dance is the absolute cutest thing ever. omg. I just wish her taunts were shorter so it was easier to disrespect with them..

Oh, and I love short taunts in general so I can throw them around without getting punished. I spam stuff like :4ness:'s "okey" or :4jigglypuff:'s "JIGGLY-PAFF!" whenever given the chance. That definitely has to get irritating.

Last edited:

Luxent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Luxent
Switch FC
I personally love Peach's "LaLaLa" (ring around the rosie~) taunt.
Its actually so sassy and is ~LITERALLY~ teasing the character and says come get me, bee-yotch.
Wii Fit's are actually rather sassy and funny as well.
Rosalina's "mmhm~" and Ness's "Oh-kay" are also extremely random + stupid, and I love them just for the lolz factor.
Same with Palutena's stripper pole tease.

As far as the worst, I hate how game + watch has two bell tones. Its such a waste. They removed his cute jump taunt from brawl and gave him a taunt where he sits and yawns.
I wish Game&Watch had one bell, the cute jump from brawl, and the sit-down-yawn from Sm4sh. Giving him two bell taunts is redundant.

Also everything sonic is awful & annnoying.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Best Taunt: "What's the matter scared" :wolf:( Its so good that even though he's not playable right now, it still trumps them all)
Close second::4wario: "WAHAHAHA" (on a bike)

Worst: :rosalina: (just spinning?)

Nerdicon

Smash Journeyman
:4shulk::4falcon:Anything that comes out of their mouths is gold, here are some others
:4jigglypuff:Anything she does is a taunt, especially up taunt and crouching
:4kirby: hai.
:4ganondorf: Dat laugh doh
:4megaman: Side taunt to start with, up taunt after a kill, and down taunt at the end
:4lucario: I CAN FEEL THE UP TAUNT!!
:4ness: OKAY!!
:4lucina: Come at me!...G8 b8 m8 I r8 8/8
:4rob: I actually like the laser taunt
:rosalina: Mmm-hmm
:4tlink:The wild swinging is absolutely adorable

As for worst
:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword:Have the most bland taunts in general
:4darkpit: Anything that comes out of his mouth makes me want to punch a wall
:4olimar: Bland
:4littlemac:Side taunt could've been a scrapped idle animation for all I know
:4zss:3 fanservice-y 5 me

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
Best::4shulk:, :4falcon:(down taunt), :pichumelee: (side taunt, its so ****ing cute),:4marth: (down taunt), :younglinkmelee: (MILK)

worst: :4bowser: (down taunt, seriously, I don get it, is it a taunt ooorr?), :snake: (box, box, box, box, box, ****ing box, it got old fast plus it takes too long. Awesome character though), :4tlink: (what the **** are you looking at? Yeah they added a fairy later on but its still lame), :4drmario: (everything but the pill toss is boring)

Last edited:

Cazdon

Smash Ace
NNID
Cazdon
3DS FC
4355-9882-5183
Best: :4falco: Piece o' cake

Worst: :4sheik:The handstand feels too much like "look at me! I'm a ninja character" (donthurtmeshiekisstillcool)

Laniv

Smash Champion
The best:
:4dedede: The crouch.
:4duckhunt: You know the one.
:4pacman: ALERT ALERT.
:rosalina: "Mmm-hmm." Double points if Luma's there.
:4villager::4villagerf: Shrunk Funk Shuffle and the cheer.
:4wiifit::4wiifitm:Any of them.
:4luigi:Again, any of them.
:4dk: "I dunno"

The worst:
:4charizard: Roaring, stomping, and flapping its wings. Meh.
:4sonic: R.I.P. You're too slow (His other taunts are fine)
:4samus: Nothing interesting to report here.
:4littlemac:Pretty sure this was an idle at some point.

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
Best: Pac-Man's down taunt, no contest.
Worst: all of Rosalina's taunts are boring imo.

Also disappointed by Lucina's down taunt. Pre-release it was already revealed that she was using her mask for taunting, but I thought that it was a permanent cosmetic change and that you could freely wear or remove it in-battle. I was very disappointed to see that the taunt was just wearing then immediately removing the mask. Not a bad taunt in itself but wasted potential imo.

Slavic

Ask not the sparrow how the eagle soars
Best Taunts:
Snake's Codec, which was wonderfully fun to listen to, and I'm really feeling Shulk's taunt.

Worst Taunt:
Toon Link just sort of looking around in a daze, like, come on now, that's not interesting at all.

Top Bottom