• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Worse match ups?

LividLynx

Smash Cadet
Hey guys. Just wanted to make this thread to ask what matchups give Falco most trouble. I only play one friend most of the time, and I don't want to be caught unaware from just practicing against his characters. He plays a limited cast (Ivysaur, Link, and Lucario usually). Any suggestions on what characters I should brush up against? Also any information on how to approach those match ups would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Deco-Nii

Smash Rookie
ivy...try not to be below him just try to get stage controll with your lasers over his ....grass blade idk what its called lol his projectile:p
kill ivy with ur down tilt, laser.jab.down tilt voila dead at 100+
link...try wavedash/lasering and aproach him when he hasnt thrown his boomerang
lucario...dont get hit by his dash attack...thats his on hit cancel starts so full hops should do the work

LividLynx

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the reply, but I think you missed the point of my post. I was asking what matchups are bad for Falco. I get practice right now against those three, and I feel pretty confident in them. I want to know what matchups are bad so I can practice them.

Kankato

Smash Journeyman
I've heard Lucario is bad in neutral while Falco dominates. Perhaps ISAI's "Don't get hit." is the best piece of advice?
Also, about the "Starting with meter in 3.0" thing, Lucario has to be VERY careful with meter investment. If your opponent wastes it on something that doesn't work out, punish him for it like mad. Don't let him gain any sort of meter build, instead chipping away with lasers until you land a hit (Lucario's very bad at dealing with pressure) or he finally tags you.
In the words of Mrs. Incredible:
"Remember the bad guys on those TV shows you watched Saturday morning? These guys aren't like those guys. They won't exercise restraint because you're [Falco]. They will Kill You if given the chance. Do not give them that chance."

ViewtifulHoe242

Smash Journeyman
yea lucaryu can put the smackdown on spacies if they give him the chance. but shine out of shield poops on his approach options though. and remember to sweetspot the edge while recovering or you will eat a spirit bomb

Ace55

Smash Lord
uhhh marth is the worst for falco because getting in is so hard and they can do a Ken-*****y counter game:p
Come to a tournament sometime man, I'd love to play you.

On topic: Bowser is the best Falco counter I've come across in melee/PM. Basically every Falco I've played has given up on the matchup (those include Amsah, Faab and Remen). Falco has to bait Boozer mad hard just to get a solid hit in.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Come to a tournament sometime man, I'd love to play you.

On topic: Bowser is the best Falco counter I've come across in melee/PM. Basically every Falco I've played has given up on the matchup (those include Amsah, Faab and Remen). Falco has to bait Boozer mad hard just to get a solid hit in.
Dude I just came from a smashfest last night and Charizard makes me rage like a mofo, HOW THE HELL DO YOU BEAT ZARD?

Ace55

Smash Lord
Dude I just came from a smashfest last night and Charizard makes me rage like a mofo, HOW THE HELL DO YOU BEAT ZARD?
Spam lasers, play safe, combo his *** and recover very carefully? Idk I played the matchup against Yomi a bit and it didn't feel that bad.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Yep that's what I thought you suppose to do about the MU but I've still got blown up. Guess I have to grind it out more but man it's frustrating.

Also why you think Bowser poops on Falco so bad?

Top Bottom