• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WoL World of Light "How do I Beat That Spirit?" Thread

Pokechu

chugga chugga
NNID
Pokechu
3DS FC
5000-1894-6879
Switch FC
SW-7547-3301-4325
Anyone got tips for Ho-Oh? Because curry is just the worst.
This probably won't help, but I was stumped on that too. I got lucky, I was playing Kirby and I was able to combo up tilts (he kept on falling into them) and did a smash attack afterwards to knock him out. If you have good spirits, I know that I saw I had some fairy who let me start matches with a fairy bottle, you could use them in conjunction with other things. Against harder battles I'd use that spirit with Villager so he can pocket the item and I can continue to use A attacks without throwing the item away.

Anacybele

Smash Cadet
...How the hell are you supposed to beat the Deep Breathing one when all the Wii Fit Trainers are constantly healing? They heal faster than you can do any damage. Also, I'm getting randomly KO'd by nothing.

Also, it appears I can't unlock anymore areas. They're all blocked off by some electricity thing. Everything to the far east for me. And I cannot get past it. I've beaten all the bosses I can and everything. It's not letting me continue. Bug?

SpoopyTheScout

Smash Rookie
I am actually stuck on Brittany from the Pikmin series, I always get 0% by it because of the constant food rain, not to mention that the spawn rate of purple and poison pikmin are not in my favor, any spirit suggestions or tips?

timrtabor123

Smash Rookie
I now hate Jump Up Superstar now. What psychopath on the dev team made the Pauline spirit battle?

Flarzo

Smash Cadet
Any tips for Geno? Battling 4 high level cpu at once is hard.

WerdoPerson

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-4786-2190-0811
Now that I’ve completed WoL/WoD and gotten the true ending, I will help anyone who needs it!

Anacybele

Smash Cadet
I just powered my way through it, really. Used the best combination of spirits I had and my Mii Swordfighter being a super hard hitter due to being of the taller and bulkier variety.

Also, I finally figured out how to take down that electrical wall that was blocking the far east. I should've rescued Simon and Pit earlier instead of thinking I could wait. I didn't think there was anything past Simon even. xP

BeakyBird

Smash Apprentice
Heads up on battles with firebreathers, which are the absolute worst, haha. You can upgrade a samus suit sticker pretty early on, I can't remember what it was called. But anyway if you upgrade it, you'll get a primary spirit that heals you for all damage blocked.
This is absolutely wonderful for a particular stamina battle with a fire-breathing Riddles McLee, and I imagine it would help with Ho Oh and stuff too.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Unlocking the Skill Tree branches for the double Final Smash and quick Final Smash charge helped a lot for me, though that might also be dependent on which character you're using to begin with.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Im having serious problems with the dr wily one with 6 metal megamans stamina battle.

Also ive had a lot of success with kirby doing cheese strats like inhale offstage or cutter spike at the ledge. Essentially use cutter at a height where the downward hitbox hits before grabbing the ledge.

The other thing kirby can do is do a dair at low percents on someone offstage then mash jump and you will almost always footstool them which gimps like 90% of the cast.

Essentially i would say play cheesier or cheaper if a certain battle is giving trouble.

Only that megaman one has given serious problems so far.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Pauline Spirit battle help, please

For those wanting help with the Dr. Wily (Dr. Mario/8 Metal Mega Man) spirit battle:
- Equip a Spirit with Metal Killer
- Equip a healing Spirit (Baby Metroid was my choice) that heals you after each KO
- Use Zero Suit Samus
- Double Jump + Down A spam

That's really all there is to it. Down A spam with ZSS gives you enough height to aim your attack and you minimize the damage you take over the course of the fight. You regain health after every KO, prominent in stamina fights like this, to ease the pain.

Last edited:

1FC0

Smash Lord
I managed to do the Pauline one. During the battle she somehow missed the ledges with her ^B and thus slowly floated to her doom while I stood at the bottom of the Level with Marth spamming the "I won't lose" taunt.

So if all else fails, just try to get her to go over the pits that are a little to the right of the center of the stage a lot. She might just self destruct.

Last edited:

Kairyu24

Smash Cadet
I beat the 9-volt battle.

Something I noticed is that you can KO the sherrif, and he's oppressive enough that you should. It does for a lot of the AT battles that some can be defeated, but they are hardy.

It's key to have a strong spirit, preferably legend level with good stats to outmuscle some of these cases. I'm also pretty far in the skill three, and I had the improved dodging ,and the remove the repeated dodging penalty skills unlocked. Combined with getting better stats you can do far more to ''grind'' hard battle. Sometimes it's just best to avoid annoying ones. I also spend some time on the spirit board and with summoning, which does get you some interesting things earlier or easier.

There are more skills that can help then is assumed in some posts too, and quite a few have duplicates in the skill tree and with specific spirits. Your battle strength and and ability to adapt to cheap battle snowballs a bit over time. It takes a while to collect the needed anti-jank stuff. Eventually you can just save a bunch of relevant primary spirits with good supports, and tweak as needed. Just don't stare yourself blind one one fight, and just go do something else.

1FC0

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post; double posting(Please edit your messages instead)
I beat the 9-volt battle.

Something I noticed is that you can KO the sherrif, and he's oppressive enough that you should. It does for a lot of the AT battles that some can be defeated, but they are hardy.

It's key to have a strong spirit, preferably legend level with good stats to outmuscle some of these cases. I'm also pretty far in the skill three, and I had the improved dodging ,and the remove the repeated dodging penalty skills unlocked. Combined with getting better stats you can do far more to ''grind'' hard battle. Sometimes it's just best to avoid annoying ones. I also spend some time on the spirit board and with summoning, which does get you some interesting things earlier or easier.

There are more skills that can help then is assumed in some posts too, and quite a few have duplicates in the skill tree and with specific spirits. Your battle strength and and ability to adapt to cheap battle snowballs a bit over time. It takes a while to collect the needed anti-jank stuff. Eventually you can just save a bunch of relevant primary spirits with good supports, and tweak as needed. Just don't stare yourself blind one one fight, and just go do something else.
9-Volt was easy to beat for me. I just use the Ore Club and spammed FSmash. That kills Sherrif really easily.

It just unlocks a shortcut I think. If you are trying to collect every spirit and complete every challenge like me though its required.
I confirm that it just unlocks a shortcut. I walked around it before I beat it.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I managed to do the Pauline one. During the battle she somehow missed the ledges with her ^B and thus slowly floated to her doom while I stood at the bottom of the Level with Marth spamming the "I won't lose" taunt.

So if all else fails, just try to get her to go over the pits that are a little to the right of the center of the stage a lot. She might just self destruct.
It's a terrible fight. It was also extremely unsatisfying to win with Peach SD'ing

Now for it to pop up again on the Spirit Board

1FC0

Smash Lord
It's a terrible fight. It was also extremely unsatisfying to win with Peach SD'ing

Now for it to pop up again on the Spirit Board
Could Critical Hit one hit KO Peach? If so then it might not be that bad. I was actually trying to beat it that way.

Holasxni

Smash Rookie
****ing god. pauline spirit battle is pure ****ing rng, have fun with that kiddos

you either get the stopwatches and they slow them (and not you!), bait peach near the edge of the blast zone and pray for a ko cause she's got some kind of bull**** launch resistance or something, or you flat out ****ing lose because you don't have time.

rng finally rolled in my favor so i won, hooray ****ty battle design

**** that **** man, so unfun
I beat her with Donkey Kong the spirits I recommend using with DK are ones that increase fist attacks, air attacks, and critical hits.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I found a good stratedgy for beating 'The Boss', vs ZSS where the floor is poison. Get a character with a good spiking aerial and jump offstage. ZSS will follow, try to spike her. If you miss keep repeating. Spiking is generally good vs solo spirits because the AI's stupid.

Dan

Smash Lord
Some of these fights are super difficult, even on Easy. I feel like some of the ones that throw a ton of enemies at you are artificially difficult, but in the age of every game being too easy, this one has provided a nice unsuspecting challenge between WoL and some of the brutal character unlocks.

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
STRATEGY FOR PAULINE:

Find the "Cupid" spirit that lets you start the battle with a Staff and something to upgrade the strength of shooting items. The Staff is an item that shoots a full-screen laser that does more damage to people far away from you. So for any battle where someone wants to run as far away from you as possible, you can 2-3 shot them if no one gets in your way. Peach basically turns into a sitting duck when she thinks she's out of your range for this fight.

Silveral

Smash Rookie
holy ****ing **** the pauline fight is pure and undiluted BULL****. ****ING BULL****. this ****ing fight is the goddamn worst, and sakurai is a ****ing moron for looking at this and say 'yeah that's fine'.

by ****ing herself, the target is hard enough to ****ing kill. but no, not enough there, we need to make sure you have 'fun'! FUN FUNFUN FUNFUNFUN so mario and dk decide to get involved. mario starts with a hammer and dk is perma-giant

by the way, the stage is 45m unaltered, meaning ladders, bull**** platforms, and the NAME PLATES COVERING THE BOTTOM ROW OF PLATFORMS GREAT STAGE DESIGN YOU ****ING HACK

if i could gold hammer a ****ing encounter it'd be this one. no spirit in the ****ing world helps you when the target does nothing but run and you've got a cool 90 seconds to punt her *** into the void. unless there's a spirit that gets rid of time limits

****ing christ sakurai, this battle's hard enough on its own.

bull**** platforming elements
superpowered enemy adds
time limit

MAYBE ONLY INCLUDE ONE OF THOSE NEXT TIME SAKURAI YOU ****ING ********
Do a Ganon-side or similar

ShadowGamer193

Smash Journeyman
Any tips for the Shine Sprite spirit battle? The Kirby’s and random invincibility are so annoying.

HolyKnight

Smash Journeyman
the ZSS/boss fight is actual garbage. I'm not sure what to do there, I can't cargo throw her, or kirbycide her. she just techs it or has enough fkn jump power to get back from under the damn stage.

so broken.

Anacybele

Smash Cadet
I can't find a way to reach the fighter sitting in the northwest part of the forest in the Zelda/Triforce themed area. It's accompanied by a chest. There just seems to be no path leading there. I already cleared the rest of this forest area too.

Last edited:

BeakyBird

Smash Apprentice
I can't find a way to reach the fighter sitting in the northwest part of the forest in the Zelda/Triforce themed area. It's accompanied by a chest. There just seems to be no path leading there. I already cleared the rest of this forest area too.
Northwest or northeast? Check the chests you've already opened carefully! (Assuming you're talking about the one I think you are.)

McCree

Smash Cadet
The place with all the owls? If you mean that one, did you understand the riddle with the red and blue flames?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Walk into the chest

Patters

Smash Rookie
I am personally stuck on Big Boss, that ***** is all over the place, and while I do have poison immunity, she chain grabs me from across the map and I can barely get a hit in. when she gets defense up, forget it.

Anacybele

Smash Cadet
Northwest or northeast? Check the chests you've already opened carefully! (Assuming you're talking about the one I think you are.)
Walk into the chest
Yeah, I eventually found that out anyway. xP It just wasn't that obvious to me at all for awhile.

Another thing, the Dark Emperor battle is even more bull**** than Pauline imo.

- You can't launch Ridley
- He's giant, so he's also very tanky
- Not a stamina battle
- He can KO you even when you have low damage and even when you have high level spirits equipped.

How are you supposed to win this at all?

McCree

Smash Cadet
****ING YARN YOSHI
Yep, that one was annoying as ****. Take a spirit that let's you start with Ore Club, and just spam smash!

The place with all the owls? If you mean that one, did you understand the riddle with the red and blue flames?
I know that this isn't directly related to a spirit, but could someone please help me with this <3

BeakyBird

Smash Apprentice
I know that this isn't directly related to a spirit, but could someone please help me with this <3
Examine all the owl statues, particularly the ones that tell you times like 12:10.
From there, just remember that an hour hand is shorter than a minute hand.
Hope that helps! :)

McCree

Smash Cadet
Examine all the owl statues, particularly the ones that tell you times like 12:10.
From there, just remember that an hour hand is shorter than a minute hand.
Hope that helps! :)
Oh lol, thanks a ton! I always thought, that I should put it to the current time and was wondering why it didn't work, so I just gave up, havent examined all of the owls as it seems. Thanks again :)

DoubleAgamer

Smash Rookie
If people are still having problem with spirit battle. Get a primary spirit that gives you fist attack up with 3 slots(in my case, it was spring man). Add the victini support spirit from generators in lumious city section, add two or one more fist power buff spirit, unlock little mac. Watch him do 80% above damage with one uncharged f smash and one hit kill up smashes. Steam roll through the game
For hazardous situations like sleep floors and such, replace the other spirits except victini one and f smash uncharged will do 60% damage.
Other strats, the boss zss, jump off stage so she follows you, spike her or let her sd like a brain dead fly chasing a fire
Pauline spirit battle, pray the peach randomly self destructs cuz that's what I did and kept fixing bandana taunt as Ryu

Last edited:

Semako

Smash Cadet
Can someone give me some tips for the Geno spirit? That battle is so dumb...
I have a LV99 legend class main spirit, support spirits for extra jump and hyper smashes AND I unlocked the skill tree ability for hyper smashes, but I can still do only 16% with Bowser's Fsmash against them, while the CPU Bowser does 22% to me with his Fsmash.
Also, they're spamming me with items and tech litterally everything, so that I can't get early kills via stagespikes.

Justin Allen Goldschmidt

Smash Journeyman
Can someone give me some tips for the Geno spirit? That battle is so dumb...
I have a LV99 legend class main spirit, support spirits for extra jump and hyper smashes AND I unlocked the skill tree ability for hyper smashes, but I can still do only 16% with Bowser's Fsmash against them, while the CPU Bowser does 22% to me with his Fsmash.
Also, they're spamming me with items and tech litterally everything, so that I can't get early kills via stagespikes.
I beat Geno spirit first try, but I don't remember what it was. Can you describe it at all? I wish I could rematch certain ones, honestly. Also, I am convinced that CPU players cannot be stage spiked unless they're set to be brain-dead and easy.

Semako

Smash Cadet
You have to defeat five CPU players, Kirby, Mario, Bowser first, then Peach and Shiek spawn.

Last edited:

Justin Allen Goldschmidt

Smash Journeyman
You have to defeat five CPU players, Kirby, Mario, Bowser first, then Peach and Kirby spawn.
Ohhhh yeah, up in the space area. Same strategy as always for me. Super armor (polar bear spirit) some physical attack up, and Dr. Mario tornado. Spin to win, works every time.

Top Bottom