• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Working on a video regarding the Grinch Leak. Any pointers as what to look for regarding Insiders and people harassing them?

Powerman293

Smash Ace
I'm working on the second part of my Grinch Leak video, and I was told smashboards would be a good place to find info regarding this stuff. Any particular threads or social media posts I should include in the video? Links would be very helpful.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
...What’s the point of making a Grinch leak video if it was already debunked?

Mogisthelioma

Smash Master
Try looking for any youtube videos/channels that claimed to have proof it was real. LaxChris would be a great start since he shills to every fake leak.

TheSpitefulWolf

Smash Journeyman
maybe write in giant 72-point ****ing font to not buy **** with blurry images because the blur tool is ****ing easymode for 'totes-real leaks'

holy **** that grinch debacle was ****ing embarassing

pap64

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pappel64
Switch FC
2966 0225 9209
This may be pushing my own agenda, and I apologize, but a great segment for this would be on GameXplain. The reason why is because the way they handled the news gave validity to the leak being real. Their arrogant attitude when it first surface, their refusal to cover it when they have proof of how they discussed leaks in the pass, how the community harassed them. This would be a great topic of discussion within the video.

Also, I would touch upon WHY the leak gained so much traction and people truly believed it; now we know better and realize the leak was too good to be true, but back then some chose to believe it because it aligned with what some sources were saying about rumored characters and since Ultimate was touted as the game for Smash fans, the characters presented were just believable.

While a video about the Grinch leak may seem silly, it WAS very infamous moment in Smash fandom history because of the lengths people went through to get this fake leak out, how the fanbase became toxic about choosing sides, and how even the most convincing leak can still be a big'ol lie. Someone even jokes that the Grinch leak could easily cover a 15 minute "Did you know gaming?" video.

Top Bottom