• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

work with me

D

Deleted member

ok, first here's what I got. This should be pretty self-explanatory to anyone talented at this game.

Machamp @ Lum Berry
No Guard, Adamant
252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Dynamic Punch
Bullet Punch
Substitute
Payback

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Serene Grace, Calm
252 HP / 152 SpD / 104 Spe
Thunder Wave
Aura Sphere
Air Slash
Roost

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene grace, Impish
240 HP / 136 Def / 24 SpD / 108 Spe
Thunder Wave
Iron Head
U-turn
Wish

Latias @ Choice Specs
Levitate, Modest
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Draco Meteor
Dragon Pulse
Trick
Surf

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Water Absorb, Bold
188 HP / 252 Def / 68 Spe
HP Electric 70
Protect
Surf
Wish

No lie, this team is horribly gay. I initially made this team for TheTantalus here on the boards, where the 2nd slot also had a Hippowdon. However, after much debate hippo doesn't fit. Neither SR is good on this team, nor is residual damage. I was thinking that SR is bad because it discourages switching, wheres in this team the ability to paralyze more pokemon is actually better than the residual damage.

- I'm not changing my lead, I just need 1 more to fill out the team.
- no stealth rock.
- don't add something with 800 weaknesses like celebi
- don't add anything with really imbalanced stats aka blissey
- maybe a 3rd pokemon with thunderwave? I'm unsure here.

The idea is to minimize the amount of weaknesses the overall team has. I believe Tantalus replaced hippowdon with mamoswine, but IMO that has way too many weaknesses to fit the team well. I've already heavily considered swampert and zapdos.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Swampert looks like it'd be one of your best choices, tbh. :\ Another option would be Bronzong, although it probably doesn't have the power you're looking for to go with its defenses.

Electivire and Jolteon deserve a mention as well. Both give an electric resistance (which is currently the only thing type-wise that your team is 'weak' to) and allows for another sweeper. Out of the two I'd personally go Vire for the bulk, but meh. It's your choice for what to look into.

EDIT: His Mamo choice was probably for more of something to use against SS and Hail if I had to gander. Might be wrong, but just thought I'd try to guess his reasoning.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Swampert. That's all I can think of.

Heatran also comes to mind as a handy Fire-immunity. Only weak to Water and Ground, which is covered by Vaporeon and Togekiss / Latias respectively.

-Terywj

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Swampert, Zapdos, or Rotom-A.

have you tried Stone Edge on Machamp?

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
If you're looking for a paralyzer go for either Gyarados or Zapdos. Only Latias outright resists fighting on your team and Gyara and Zapdos are good at forcing switches(for more free Twaves)

If Gyara:

Gyarados@Leftovers
Impish(A****t)/Intimidate
156 HP/108Atk/244Def
-Twave
-Waterfall
-Taunt
-Earthquake

It's basically the gayest you can possibly be with Gyarados. Alternative is to add Bounce over EQ to Paralyze things like Swampert.

If Zapdos then:

Zapdos@Leftovers
Bold/Pressure
248Hp/228Def/32Spe
-Discharge/Twave
-Heatwave
-Roost
-HP Fighting

Discharge is what I'd choose but then I've really gotten into the "Hit everything till it dies" mentality rather than the "Stall everything till they quit" mentality so feel free to ignore that idea.

Both give you a useful fighting immunity, Gyara definitely hits harder but adds to your electric weakness. Both are equal parts gay and strong and do **** well. I ignore Swampert because I have never in my life been afraid of electric pokemon and really that's all swampert has over these guys(well that and amazing duel STAB) You could actually throw DD on Gyarados over EQ since you'd then have Power/Speed/Flinch to basically win everything forever. Idk, im weird with pokemon so my ideas are sort of random.

D

Deleted member

Machamp @ Lum Berry
No Guard, Adamant
252 HP / 160 Atk / 96 SpD
Dynamic Punch
Bullet Punch
Stone Edge
Payback

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Serene Grace, Calm
252 HP / 152 SpD / 104 Spe
Thunder Wave
Aura Sphere
Air Slash
Roost

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace, Impish
Thunder Wave
Iron Head
U-turn
Wish

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Pressure, Bold
248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Discharge
Heatwave
Roost
Roar

Latias @ Choice Specs
Levitate, Modest
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Draco Meteor
Dragon Pulse
Trick
Surf

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Water Absorb, Bold
HP Electric 70
Protect
Surf
Wish

any other fixes? maybe body slam over HP electric on vaporeon. this isn't gay at all.

---------------

Machamp @ Lum Berry
No Guard, Adamant
240 HP / 240 Atk / 16 SpD / 12 Spe
Dynamic Punch
Bullet Punch
Stone Edge
Payback

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Serene Grace, Calm
252 HP / 188 Def / 68 SpD
Thunder Wave
Aura Sphere
Air Slash
Roost

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Serene Grace, Impish
Thunder Wave
Iron Head
U-turn
Wish

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Levitate, Bold
252 HP / 188 Def / 68 Spe
Thunderwave
Shadow Ball
Discharge
Trick

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Pressure, Bold
248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
Discharge
Heatwave
Roost
Roar

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Water Absorb, Bold
HP Electric 70
Protect
Surf
Wish

supermarth64

Smash Ace
I'd actually go with HP Grass over Roar on Zapdos, as it allows you to take down Swampert more easily.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Yeah, Swampert does seem to be a bit problematic for your team. What is Roar on Zapdos doing for you? You have no entry hazards, after all, and as for phazing, you can paralyze whatever it is an and flinch it to death.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
I say that Scizor is also a good choice as your last pokemon. Excellent revenge killer, one weakness.

Ripped straight from Smogon, as I'm too tired.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Adamant / Technician
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Bullet Punch
Superpower
U-Turn
Pursuit

Vaporeon soaks up fire attacks, making it an amazing switch in with proper predictions.

Top Bottom