• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wooohooo!

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
those matches make me rememeber when I was a self bashing noob, I mained ice climbers and puff for the most part and my brother only did like 2 things good spamed the crap out of dash attack(mario) and would space up-B for when I approached he did it nicly as much as I hated it I told him what a good job he did.

makes go WTF go the h-box haters WTF I could deal with gayness I couldn't explain without B****ing all the d*** time. however when he was young link camping bowser I had to draw my line.

mario advice more wding max it out so get more I would believe his wd is faster than his run

space beter know how far ____ reachs don't use it if it doesn't reach

JC grab less lack, more range it's pretty easy press X and Z at the same time X can be like 4 frames sooner easy to get a hang of.

roll less wding out of sheild is amazing as mario

teching, do it more also future advice you will need very good players, if you di to them try to also tech away sometimes, many people will abuse the fact when you di them chances are you we also tech to them. and always press L/R right before you sweetspot up-B don't even think about it just do it and you will be surpised at how good you are at teching in the future when a really good marth fights you

basic advice you need to get down

condemned_soul

Smash Champion
ok you are pretty good at using mario but you need to use the moves that matter for mario against marth.

Neutral Air - They are good for when marth constantly SH towards you. I use this move for its speed because neutral air can lead to a grab, a tilt, or a Up air

Up Air - Mario can Up air combo marth after 60%. Once you catch him with a Up air, you can usually Forward smash after it.

Back air - when at low percetage, you can pull off two back airs into a Forward smash. this is one of our best kill moves besides Forward smash and down smash which marth's Forward smash can outreach both of those moves.

Fireballs - some Marth will just try to outreach you. fireballs can draw them to you so once they are in your face you will have a better chance since most their moves will not be tippers.

Do not Down B a marth. It will only lead to you getting punished and the punishment is worse then the Down B so its not a good exchange.

Up tilt - this isnt a move that you should do often. The only reason you should use this move is when you Down Throw Marth because you will have enough time to Up tilt then start a Up air combo

the secret to beating Marth as a mario is keep Marth above you at all times. Marth may have reach over mario but when mario is under marth, its a whole new ball game. Not to mention if the Marth is a CC'er because Forward airs are excellent combo starters at almost any damage.

Oh and mindgames is almost a must. if you come at a Marth the same way too many times, chances are you are going to lose

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
He appreciates the advice. He does alot of the right things its just that I play him so much that the right thing is sometimes the wrong thing and vice versa.

Top Bottom