• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's Up B = spike / meteor?

MrAndersonMan

Smash Cadet
I was playing with some friends, and once by accident, when edgeguarding, I jumped and did down B instead of down A. I just happened to shoot right into the edge, and my friend got spiked, I think by the final kick that Wolf does. I tested a few more times - stand right at the edge, jump, Up B down.

Is this already known? I can't access my Wii right now and I have no video camera, so can someone also test this? I may have just been really lucky in getting in the last hit.

tag yeah

Smash Cadet
im assuming by down-B, you mean up-B? because down-B is reflector, I think. And it's hard to mix down-A and up-B but if you did, It might have an unknown meteor possibilitys.

teekay

Smash Journeyman
So if I'm reading this right, your opponent was airborne, and you did a downward up B? Or do you mean you "shine spiked" him with the reflector?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
He probably just hit the side of the stage and that caused him to go shooting down. Happens to me all the time :D

MrAndersonMan

Smash Cadet
Yes, tag yeah is right. I meant up B.

And it was in FD, so you guys may be right. I'll try it again today.

IDK

Smash Lord
sweet spot

actually, there are tons of attacks that can be used as spikes but aren't practical because they require what is called a sweet spot hit, and others will kill when you miss. for example: if you miss with toon link's dair, he will die. It's basically spiking yourself. and as characters in brawl can airdodge multiple times, they can just airdodge then still recover, unlike in melee. This spike does not require a sweet spot hit. With lucas, his bair can spike you but it has to be at the sweet spot of the attack. Meaning a small period of time when the attack is extra powerful and has other special effects, like spiking.

In this case, as i have not heard of an upb wolf spike, it is probably a sweetspot spike. Also if you miss, you can't recover. Meaning don't do it. :( sorry.

mr_kennedy44

Smash Journeyman
What I think you probably did is "stage-spike" him. The final kick probably hit him into the bottom of the stage and bounced him down. If this didn't happen than it might have spiking capabilities that are unknown as of now but it was most likely a stage-spike.

MrAndersonMan

Smash Cadet
I don't think it was a stage spike, as I used Up-B and aimed down. Perhaps you thought I was under the stage and Up-B'd up?

BokutoGuy

Smash Journeyman
If that is a spike in most cases it would be hard to pull off, plus he will have next to no horizontal (sp?) movement after. It would be cool as a final kill though if your up a stock :)

ice_cream_man

Smash Journeyman
If you spike someone with over b in midair than you can use it again, and again, and again, virtually rendering yout opponent useless. i was playing against my husband last night in bed and was just spiking him so hard relentlessley that he quit playing smash

do you have vid. proof

Juggalo

Smash Journeyman
Nothing like posting an agreement statement on a thread thats had no replies in over a month.

:p

Nah, I'm just a d*** sometimes. Now you can flame me for getting off-topic.

IDK

Smash Lord
Nothing like posting an agreement statement on a thread thats had no replies in over a month.

:p

Nah, I'm just a d*** sometimes. Now you can flame me for getting off-topic.
haha sorry i tend to not check the dates.

Valisen

Smash Rookie
Im pretty sure the final kick of his Up+B does spike, but the person has to be like right under his foot, it happened today with a couple of friends I was playing with I used my up+B and got someone with the tip of my foot, they were on the stage though, Im almost positive that they went flying straight downwards and hit the stage..

Top Bottom