• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf's "Shine"

tehmpest

Smash Rookie
Yea, that weird looking red thing that's Wolf's Reflector, if there any practical use for it apart from reflecting? It seems harder to connect with compared to Fox's. Seems pretty useless to me so far.

teekay

Smash Journeyman
Some people Fsmash after it but I don't think this is a true combo. Like Fox's it comes out very fast and in that sense it probably does have some situational use, but sadly it has nowhere near the potential Fox's does, mainly because it does not stop his momentum in midair.

Really though, I don't think this is a problem. Wolf is already an amazing character and he has many other advantages. Giving him Fox's reflector probably would have been overdoing it.

Rat

Smash Lord
you can use it to protect your aerials upon landing, just fox/falco in melee. Also it's really really fast which equals much good.

JCav

Smash Lord
shine can be linked into many things, for instance ive seen it comboed into a d smash a lot, however im starting to see that f smash isnt always the best move to use because your opponent can follow up with a neutral a

RepMR

Smash Rookie
I've been trying hard to incorporate Wolf's Shine into my playing every match and it does have a lot of uses. I've been able to cover my landing with the Nair and Bair with it, it's extended range helps in case someone is preparing for an attack.

The Shine's best use is avoiding punishment because of the speed it comes out and its range. So far I've been able to use it to guard from Shield Grabs and link aerials into ground moves, it's pretty versatile if you know how to hit with it.

It's not as useful as Fox's in the air or as an edge guard and it tends to be punished if you're playing someone with a good edge game (Meta Knight for one, and Jiggly in all probability ven though I haven't played one yet).

Rat

Smash Lord
no it doesn't stop horizontal movement. But one idea, (I'm going to try this one tomorrow against my friend to see if it works for real.) is that you can get 2 reflectors in 1 SH. And if you run the first one (keeping your horizontal momentum), it will link into the next one.

mangodurban

Smash Journeyman
his shine moves the opponent at perfect length and stalls them for perfect time for most of his smashes. It can be repeated over and over.

Top Bottom