• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf vs. Pit and Zelda (advice and suggestions)

smashisfun

Smash Cadet
In my honest opinion, I feel that both Pit and Zelda serve as my "banes" to Wolf. To begin, both Zelda and Pit have amazing distance control, and as some may claim that the reflecter can solve that, in reality, Pits arrows shoot too fast and Zelda/Pits ranged attacks create "knockback". If you try to counter the distance with your laser, you will probably fail seeing as the laser can not compete with both of these characters attacks (they have farther range, better stun, and can be manipulated) and both of them have faster reflecting moves.. Anyhow, if I manage to close in the range, I seem to struggle with constant "shield, dodge, then smash/grab" tactics. Yes, I understand how to roll and dodge, but when your opponent spams dodges and the shield/hit tactic it often makes it hard to keep up, especially since Wolf's forward smash has lag time at the end, his Forward Air is worthless without a well time short hop, and his Neutral Air (as some claim can go through shields) becomes easily countered with a grab or just a back attack from the opponent after you land. I try to grab my opponents, but Wolf somehow lacks in that department (for some reason it is hard to grab with Wolf effectively). I also try the reflector approach where I reflect, and when the opponent is slightly shocked, I smash, but that eventually becomes countered with the shield grab or hit tactic. Sure I can play "mindgames" with the opponents and dodge just the same, but Pit and Zelda have attacks that can dish out some serious damage fast, and they both have moves to punish aerial assaults from Wolf. To be fair, this has happened to me with only one of my opponents who is skilled with Zelda and Pit (and everytime he would only beat me by the last stock). However, I am asking for advice and suggestions. How do other Wolf users counter the "dodge and shield" spamming? Does anyone have particular strategies on handling these characters? Any help would greatly be appreciated :)

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
i didn't read the whole thing cause i probly know exactly what youre feeling, the prop with zelda (ill focus on zelda) is that shielding and ground dodgeing tactics don't work, all her attacks have different timing and last strange durations, my brother mains zelda and even though im a better player he can still kick my *** by spamming side-b / neautral A when im close, the fact is zelda and pit both have better range and priority vs wolf. Pit is one of wolfs best counters, however zelda can be handled, the answer is laser spam / aerials. laser spam to keep zelda from spamming herself, then aerials to dmg her, smash attacks weont work, she has speed and prioity vs ALL of them, if you get to close on the ground she can neutral B, this will beat out wolfs AAA combo, so what you wan tto do is master sh aerials (mainly fair) fair has priority on most of zeldas attacks and can catch her off guard, f*ck her with lasers and aerials, very very rarely will a smash connect vs a good zelda and ground dodging is useless / so is wolfs sprint. Use wolfs fast paced jumps to your advantage + your laser > zeldas sibe-b (THANK GOD) more will come in my main post later on zelda

i just finished your post and aerial game is the ONLY affective game vs zelda ASSUMING ur laser spamming properly (forcing her on the offensive) if u let her play defensive youll lose

Katalicious

Smash Rookie
I have a small question too about wolf vs. zelda. My friend mains zelda, and I have trouble when she starts spamming din's fire after getting me off the edge. I get my shine up as fast as I can, but then it becomes difficult to get back on the stage. Any suggestions?

Ghost07

Smash Journeyman
I have a small question too about wolf vs. zelda. My friend mains zelda, and I have trouble when she starts spamming din's fire after getting me off the edge. I get my shine up as fast as I can, but then it becomes difficult to get back on the stage. Any suggestions?
Before you put up your shine DI to make sure you can make get back to the ledge when you side b. Just takes a little pratice.

smashisfun

Smash Cadet
So this post should be bumped? I am glad my first post was very informative and thought out. Anyone have anymore imput?

ThePrime

Smash Lord
I dont have a lot of experience vs zelda, but a fair amount vs pit. If noticed that just sh, laser, and DI foward (its like a falco shl variation in melee) offers some kind of approach because it forces them to stay on the ground since the laser you shot will be above their heads. That approach leads to the quick sh to fair, which you really need to be fast at, so that wolf can sh fair and land in neutral position without the landing lag. Fairs are good if you can land it, but i honesty thing that wolf's bair is his best aerial. It seems that pit's dair out prioritizes wolf's uair, so when ever they're above you try to angle yourself so you can hit with bairs. As for rolling/smashing/sidestepping tactics....im finding the best way to deal with is to do it yourself and space down smashes the best you can.

Not sure if any of that helps lol i dont have a ton of experience on zelda/pit.

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Well, I have a question. What kind of dodging is he doing most? If he is side stepping, charge a dsmash. Delay your attack so it hits him even if he sidesteps.

If it is a dodgeroll, chase. If they dodge roll away, run and grab them because they will most likely shield after the roll. If they dodge roll behind you, dsmash or bair.

Just play it cool and play it smart.

Top Bottom