• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf O'Donnell for Brawl: The only good choice for a starfox villain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr.Ice_Falco

Smash Rookie
chansen said:
Just give him fox's Smash from SSB, the dropkick anf make his wavedash the best of the three, with some sort of spike available of course
Why Would his WD be the best out of the three? Wouldnt he be bigger and slower? according to Star Fox Assualt he is. and why would he get a moveset like SSB fox with an added spike? That just wouldnt work out

outrunrazgriz

Smash Apprentice
Maybe get some 'power' moves similar to CF or Gannondorf. Where they charge up, then attack. And what about Fox's 'special' on Corneria or Venom stages? If Wolf got the Venom stage and he could do something similar to that then that would be cool.

PITforREV

Smash Journeyman
outrunrazgriz said:
Maybe get some 'power' moves similar to CF or Gannondorf. Where they charge up, then attack. And what about Fox's 'special' on Corneria or Venom stages? If Wolf got the Venom stage and he could do something similar to that then that would be cool.
sweeet, i can see it now

ANDREW-"androsses enemy is my enemy!" or "This guys insane!" OR "Uncle Androoosssss." OR "Bow before the great Andross"

Pigma-"Daddy screamed REAL good before he died" OR"Your goin' down peppy ol pal!" OR "Dont party Just yet." or "OOOO my reward!!!"

LEON-"Annoying bird! I am the great Leon!" OR "I think I'll torture you for a while. OR "Shoot me down, if you can!" OR "Let's see how you handle our new ships" OR "Andross has ordered us to take you down"

WOLF-"Don't get too cocky, Star Fox." OR "Can't let you do that, Star Fox!" OR "You'll be seeing your dad soon, Fox. " OR " Im gonna tan your hide, pup."

TGun

Smash Cadet
Id love to see Wolf O'Donnell!!! I loved Star Fox and guess what? He has my last name sweet!!!

zombie7775

Smash Lord
I wouldnt mind seeing Wolf on brawl. He was a cool character, but I would rather see Krystal if there is going to be another Star Fox character.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
I just can't see him as anything other than a fox clone. I've seen the movesets that have been posted and yet I still revert back to fox clone images. Besides I think crystal would be a better option. If she brings her staff it would at least add another fighting style.

fluffy

Smash Champion
BIRDMAN22 said:
I just can't see him as anything other than a fox clone. I've seen the movesets that have been posted and yet I still revert back to fox clone images. Besides I think crystal would be a better option. If she brings her staff it would at least add another fighting style.
krystal w00t! XD

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
BIRDMAN22 said:
I just can't see him as anything other than a fox clone. I've seen the movesets that have been posted and yet I still revert back to fox clone images.
remember what they did to fox though, he had no referances to the firefox, reflector, or illusion in any previous games. They just made it up and gave it to him. So there is a lot of options for wolf you just cant see on the surface.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
Zodiak-Lucien said:
remember what they did to fox though, he had no referances to the firefox, reflector, or illusion in any previous games. They just made it up and gave it to him. So there is a lot of options for wolf you just cant see on the surface.
True. I dont even think he had his blaster till later either. They can give wolf whatever they want.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Zodiak-Lucien said:
They can pretty much think of new stuff, tough He should have machine guns.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Starwolf might be made too similar to Starfox and Falco. I would rather have Andross. Of course Andross as the mad scientist before he turned into a giant cube within an even bigger head with massive floating hands.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
...Andross. Right. There's no way a "mysterious" villian whom we've never seen before is getting in before two well-known, well-liked characters with viable movesets. They might as well add the Claw instead of Inspector Gadget.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
no one would even recognise him without the name andross if he wasn't the giant floating head. Andross won't be in unless it's an event match like fighting 2 masterhands but with a face too

Captain_Obvious

Smash Journeyman
Kal aMari said:
They might as well add the Claw instead of Inspector Gadget.
QFT.

Andross would have to control more like a master hand (hands?) thing anyway, all floaty and disconnected, which doesn't seem to be in the vein of Smash as we know it. Now, Star Wolf works. He's a badass, he's a solid character, he has a plethora of moveset options - I don't see any reason why Andross would be put in the game.

- Captain R.D. Obvious

Stryks

Smash Hero
Bowserlick said:
Starwolf might be made too similar to Starfox and Falco. I would rather have Andross. Of course Andross as the mad scientist before he turned into a giant cube within an even bigger head with massive floating hands.
U posted the andross thing HERE now?! Andross has 0% chance in brawl, he was a scientist before being a big head with no arms and just hands like rayman yeah yeah we get it, but who wants a SCIENTIST in brawl? E. Gadd is the best scientist that could actually have a chance, besides this is the Wolf thread and hell yeah I want Wolf in brawl!

P.S. STARWOLF and STARFOX are the name of the TEAMS!!!!!!! Theyre name r Wolf O'Donell and Fox McLoud!! Not starwolf or starfox!!

eyanvenom

Smash Rookie
I dont have any Star Fox games on gamecube, I only have Star Fox 64. I havnt even played any other Star Fox games, but since hes a Wolf, I would love to have him in Brawl. Wolves are my fav animals :D my name in Melee is WOLF anyways...

he looked pretty cool in Star Fox 64 (from wat i remember, that eye patch of his) so he seems to be a tuff guy. i could see him as pretty strong, maybe the same running speed as Fox, and a somewhat mid to a heavy weight. specials? i have no clue lol. maybe for one of his moves he could howl, which stuns his oponent for a second or so... or maybe that could be his taunt?

btw, are there any Star Fox games of which you are able to play as Wolf? thanks!

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
I think it is likely to see him making it into the game, but they also have a competitor, and that is Crystal. she has come in as such a ppopular character, and a memorable one to the series as well. So, it should be intresting to see if any new Starfox characters make the cut.

-SMB

eyanvenom

Smash Rookie
wow, u guys are really getting my hopes up! dam, i REALLY hope Wolf makes it now! lol.

i can see him having a strong punch (almost like C. Falcon's) but for a range weapon? (B move) maybe some kinda laser SMG or sumtihn (i dont really picture him using a pistol like Fox/Falco, he deserves a bigger weapon, not saying SMGs are big, but I think an assault rifle would b a little too crazy...)

i can see him using his fists more then feet- more punches than kicks.

IM GONNA GO PICK UP STAR FOX ASSAULT!

Keep up with those kick @$$ Wolf pics, too :-)

SMB PORTAL

Smash Ace
wow, u guys are really getting my hopes up! dam, i REALLY hope Wolf makes it now! lol.

i can see him having a strong punch (almost like C. Falcon's) but for a range weapon? (B move) maybe some kinda laser SMG or sumtihn (i dont really picture him using a pistol like Fox/Falco, he deserves a bigger weapon, not saying SMGs are big, but I think an assault rifle would b a little too crazy...)

i can see him using his fists more then feet- more punches than kicks.

IM GONNA GO PICK UP STAR FOX ASSAULT!
This is kind of a weird situation. But, do you like clones? I doubt that you actually like them, so let's not do too much comparing to them with the other characters,

Here is the Wikipedia article on him: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_O'Donnell

After looking at that picture, I can see him being in the game. Plus, for all of you who want more villians in the game, i wouldn't hesitate to give him a shot. He looks cool as a villian, and may open up more diversity to the game.

Now, we need to discuss a few things about him and Crystal. First off, we csan include both in the game. If Fox and Falco return, we can expect a total of four Starfox characters. I don't think that is exactly too much, considering that we have five Mario characters, 4-5 Zelda characters (Considering if Sheik could be considered a seperate character.), and four characters from the Pokemon series. This is just another expanding seried capable of making it to that number, but we also need to take a look at the popularity of the game. I remember Smash 64, and I remember people talking about it, and now the whole series really isn't that popular. It seems as though we need to boost the popularity of this series, and we can do it this way, but will the popularity of the game allow four characters?

We have discussed that, but what about only putting one in. This idea, I don't like as much as the previous, because i would like to see more than one character in the game. If we look popularity wise, I am pretty sure that Crystal gets this end, because she is popular amongst Starfox fans. Also, she is a female character, and a Starfox female character, adding alot of what we want to the game. With Wolf we have a villian to fill the need, and that is probably one of the best things, but he falls short in terms oh how he will seperate himself from Fox and Falco. He needs to be his own original character, and expand him so he is not a clone, but a purely original character. Wolf supporters can say, and pray, that him being a "villian" may give him the chance to make it into SSBB, because we can expect somewhere around 40 characters. Even if all the character return, then we still have great chances from both these characters to make it in.

So, let's give Wolf a go, and we can also help to support Crystal along the way, because she is a likely character as well, and with both of them we can boost the series popularity. With both of them the series may be noticed more, and we can erupt into a great new era of starfox, and go back to the good ol' Starfox 64.

-SMB

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
My hopes are now high for Wolf. He and Krystal are beter choices then Andross was. Hell, even General Scales was better than Andross, Scales looks like he could fight!

eyanvenom

Smash Rookie
I definitely, DEFINITELY don't want Wolf to be a clone of Fox/Falco or Gannondorf/Luig, or ANYONE in that casei. lets make everyone unique!

and with around 40 characters in Brawl, the odds are that more character from the existing series of the Smash Bros franchise will be added, (if that made any sense too you... in other words, since there are characters from Super Mario Bros, or Legend Of Zelda are already in it, there will probably be more characters from that series) so Wolf's chances are definatley high in my book!

hell, Wolf might be my new favorite video game character! *Goodybye Link.... tears...=(

O yea, u guys have any ideas of Wolf's super duper uper move? =P (where he grabs that SSB symbol, watever its called, like how Mario's super move is throwing all those giant fireballs, and how Link slashes away at his opponent with the Triforce Symbols showing up... i think u know wat im talking about) im thinking maybe once he grabs it, he howls, then charges at his opponent throwing punches and slahsing with his claws wildly, ending with a great punch, sending his opponent flying. and if there is more than1 opponent (say, 4 players fighting) then he charges at each. what do u guys think?

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Wolf's super? The Fireburst pod from Assault. Those who've seen it, tell me it's a bad choice; I dare ya. :)

For those who haven't, here's how it works: Wolf pulls out a massive pod-shaped thing (it's about Slippy's size in Assault), sets it on the ground, and runs. A few seconds later, the pod shoots off a huge beam of light, spreading little white dots all over the place. Few more seconds, and all those little white grenades go off. Massive fireworks ensue. In Assault, if you set the pod in an open field and weren't fast enough, you're dead. Plain and simple. Krystal running in a straight line at top speed gets caught in the blast. It's big. Really big. And it's perfect for a Super Smash.

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
It'd be so awesome, the only trouble I see is that, like in assault, you could just stand underneath something. Launching a fireburst pod on the inside of a building was just hilarious, I was like hmm what'll happen now then all the grenades just drop and me and my friend were like OH ****! and ran.

Stryks

Smash Hero
I say Wolfs super would be him and his Star wolf team appear and start blasting everyone on the stage... pretty simple and cool...

Inferno_blaze

Smash Lord
It'd be awesome but I'd prefer fireburst pod, maybe you get diff specials depending on number of opponents otherwise ones like links would be unfair as they only hit one.

Falco-Z

Smash Apprentice
Of course, Wolf is my favorite Star Fox character after Falco, who was already in Melee, and will be in Brawl, or else the world will end...
Anyway, I hope Wolf makes it, but it does look like Crystal will be included before him.
If you want to see reasons why both Wolf and Crystal should be in Brawl, SMB Portal had a good long explanation and a wikipedia link to both.

eyanvenom

Smash Rookie
those specials seem pretty cool. the big@$$ grenade thing would be good for a special that would hit every opponent. but maybe for just one opponent, some kinda simple thing that Stryks mentioned.

But hes gotta HOWL before the Star Wolf Team appears! (almost as if thats his call for them to come or sumthing, ya kno?)

i think he should have a punch similar to Dr. Marios, while in the air. quick and powerful

eyanvenom

Smash Rookie
another thing i noticed- some of the characters have their "arch enemys" that are playable, so thats another good chance that Wolf will be in. Ganondorf for Link, Mewtwo, i guess, for pikachu? MetaKnight (i think? idk about the Kirby series) for Kirby... seems like they are adding more enemys.

Also, since Fox is SSB veteran and only has 1 other character from his series, they will surely add another character from his series. make that an enemy from his series. a good handful of the veterans either already have their "arch enemy" playable in melee, or one will be added (like MetaKnight... i think) those are some other good odds! :p

sorry for the double post! if i edited, my post would be too long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom