• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf Matchup Discussion

Grimwolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Grimwolff
I consider myself a pretty good Wolf player and out of all the people I ever play often, only one of my friends is actually any good. He plays Snake. In the past it was predominantly me winning every match, sometimes 2 stocking or 3 stocking him. As of recently, I don't know if he's just gotten better or I've gotten worse due to lack of playing, but he tends to win more than 50% of the matches. I've found the only stage I consistently can beat him on now is Final Destination while he consistently destroys me on Battlefield.

Anyways, what I've noticed that really is causing me to lose are Snake's tilts, predominantly the Utilt and sometimes the Ftilt. Another huge problem I've seen is that he seems to be able to in some cases edge guard me amazingly with an upsmash/grenade combo. However, my biggest problem would have to rest with KOing him. I'll rack him up in some cases to 180+ % and he'll KO me before I can get him while I am around 130-140%.

Well my rant was somewhat long so to sum it up quickly, my biggest issue with Snake is KOing him, which I feel gives Snake the advantage slightly.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
hearing snake has the advantage makes me sad, I always have trouble with wolf players LOL

Spammy wolfs, anyways. Or wolfs on wifi, anyways. I only know one wolf offline who I've played a few times and he's rather godly, so idk. It could just be the fact that he's alot more skilled than me
online wolf = offline wolf X 100

offline, just srsly shield camp. and don't attempt to punish bair.
don't have to get fancy in this matchup.

Top Bottom