• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wolf lacks airgame?

Bryann

Smash Rookie
I was playing Wolf lately and I find it frustrating that Wolf lacks any airgame. Once your opponent is up flying, you can't do much but attempt to hit with up-B + weak jumps. Am I missing something here? Any tips?

Relhots

Smash Lord
I was playing Wolf lately and I find it frustrating that Wolf lacks any airgame. Once your opponent is up flying, you can't do much but attempt to hit with up-B + weak jumps. Am I missing something here? Any tips?
Your missing alot....

Forward Air kills at like 70-80%+ (depending on height above the ground)

Back Air Also kills at 80%+

Down Air is useful to setup combos, and to spike.... (i wouldn't spike though, with the risk of sd's)

Only use his Up+b to recover, or to attack while recovering..

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
Holy crap! What kind of game are you playing?

Fair might kill like... Squirtle on the top platform of Delfino at 80%, but those are unreasonable presents to kill someone at with it. More like 120% for lights and medweights.

As for Bair... same thing. Depending on how much you spam it, too. And trust me, you should spam it... a lot.

So yes. You are missing a lot. Bair spam (Wolf Wall) owns hardcore and Uair juggles decently if you know what to do. Fair is a kill move. And dair spikes.

Pretty good airgame if you ask me. Not the best, but good.

D

Deleted member

You shouldn't spam Bair if you're looking to land a kill with it... with Brawl's logic, the attack gets significantly weaker with each use...

Wolf's airgame is really good, especially if you know how to use it effectively... Nair isn't good by itself, but you can shine out of it to Fsmash or whatever... I play almost entirely aerial Wolf and I do pretty well

Kotep

Smash Cadet
When I'm playing Wolf, I'll sometimes forget he's not Fox or Falco, and I'll misaim the B-side move.

I know it's only maybe half on topic, but does anyone seem to have a hard time recovering with Wolf? I'm almost certainly doomed if I happen to go off the edge very far.

D

Deleted member

Wolf's recovery game isn't great, so you have to be careful as to where you are when you try and recover... don't think Fox in Melee... you're looking to sweetspot if you're under the level, so position yourself before you try and recover... and remember: Jump to immediate aerial is your friend

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
................. nice thread, maybe play before posting? fair = great, Bair = great, Uair = good, dair = great, but maybe im just misunderstanding u, cause if by "Once your opponent is up flying, you can't do much but attempt to hit with up-B + weak jumps." maybe u actually meant "While your opponent is in the air they can only hope that you'll pursue them with an up-B" but thats wishful thinking

//5M45H\\

Smash Rookie
Yeah, Wolf is an aerial character dude, which is why he's in the Fox/Falco category. Sure, he's not their double, but still, they give him pretty powerful aerial moves for a reason. They're slow, but they pack a punch. His ground moves are decent at best IMO. The only one that has an advantage over others is his A<- ->. He is my main, but other than his slight aerial advantage, I honestly don't see why people say he is so cheap...

GodotAA

Smash Ace
hes cheap because you can laser spam.

and his smahses are rediculous.

my friend plays an annoying pikachu and all i did was laser spam deflect his thundershocks back and foward smash. it cheap but it worked. then i used the down smash for the kill. he can be verycheap

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
hes cheap because you can laser spam.

and his smahses are rediculous.

my friend plays an annoying pikachu and all i did was laser spam deflect his thundershocks back and foward smash. it cheap but it worked. then i used the down smash for the kill. he can be verycheap
whats that? a character spamming their projectile move during a fight? Unheard of.

and why is that bad that you beat the "annoying pikachu" like that. If you dont have to worry about HIS B spam, then you can own him pretty badly

killaxmayne

Smash Apprentice
I hate to repeat what has been said a thousand times but Wolf's air game is amazing. Bair, Fair, Uair, and Dair are pretty nice attacks. His air attacks can even combo excellently (if that is a word..)

Jobe

Smash Cadet
his air game is amazing. uair and bair have no landing lag. try bair to shine its fun

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Most of Wolf's aerials can do over 10% damage to foes. They're quite insane, but the smash attacks of his are even more insane.

Wolf_FTW

Smash Journeyman
i have to disagree with you chozenone wolfs air game is nice i love the fair dair and bair and easy to combo with.

Ralucard

Smash Cadet
Wolf's recovery game isn't great, so you have to be careful as to where you are when you try and recover... don't think Fox in Melee... you're looking to sweetspot if you're under the level, so position yourself before you try and recover... and remember: Jump to immediate aerial is your friend
actually I find Wolfs recovery game pretty good. keep yourself a little distant from the ledge and then use his <> B attack to teleport yourself to the ledge. It works well to keep them from jumping out and strike you with attacks, and if the opponent hangs on the ledge you'll most likely kill him while stealing the ledge if you hit at the right spot. the ^B attack could be useful if your opponent aint any good at dodging, if he/she is you'll get a great penalty.

And while hanging on the ledge there is a way that works on some stages, that will hurt your opponent with 15% or 10% depending on where you hit, or get yourself in the middle of the stage and behind your opponent. The way to do this is use the <> B attack directly after letting go of the ledge, you will then teleport a bit into the stage and perhaps hit your opponent. Saw someone here on smashboards calling it scarring.

those stages I know it works on is Yoshis Island, Battlefield and frigate orpheon (the other side of the stage when it's formed like a V kind of...) There is more likely a couple of more stages, but these are the ones that I've used it on and got it to work.

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
actually I find Wolfs recovery game pretty good. keep yourself a little distant from the ledge and then use his <> B attack to teleport yourself to the ledge. It works well to keep them from jumping out and strike you with attacks, and if the opponent hangs on the ledge you'll most likely kill him while stealing the ledge if you hit at the right spot. the ^B attack could be useful if your opponent aint any good at dodging, if he/she is you'll get a great penalty.

And while hanging on the ledge there is a way that works on some stages, that will hurt your opponent with 15% or 10% depending on where you hit, or get yourself in the middle of the stage and behind your opponent. The way to do this is use the <> B attack directly after letting go of the ledge, you will then teleport a bit into the stage and perhaps hit your opponent. Saw someone here on smashboards calling it scarring.

those stages I know it works on is Yoshis Island, Battlefield and frigate orpheon (the other side of the stage when it's formed like a V kind of...) There is more likely a couple of more stages, but these are the ones that I've used it on and got it to work.
nice.. btw assuming valken drop is part of ur aerial list wolf = great aerials

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
He's right.. Wolfs airgame is horrible... about as bad as MetaKnight's... why do you think all Azen does is Fsmash w/ Lucario....
hhahahahahahahahahaha just read that, but seriously.... I'll haf 2 disagree

Top Bottom